Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.


Messages - Tom Bishop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 471  Next >
1
Arts & Entertainment / Re: Flat Earth AI Poems by ChatGPT
« on: January 26, 2023, 06:01:20 AM »
> write a poem about the Flat Earth Society that ends in tragedy and a twist of fate and a message on the dangers of misinformation


The Flat Earth Society, a group so bold,
Believed the Earth was flat, and not a globe,
Their theories mocked, and cast aside,
But their legacy lived on, in those who tried to abide.

They gathered, to share their views,
But their meetings, often ended in bruise,
For those who opposed, were filled with hate,
And violence, was their chosen fate.

The twist, a surprise, so dark and grim,
A tragedy, that left the society dim,
A fire broke out, in their last meeting place,
Leaving no survivors, not a trace.

And as the society perished, in the flames,
The world, in shock, and sorrow, it claims,
For in their fate, a harsh lesson lies,
That ignorance and hate, never truly dies.

The twist of fate is that the society's belief in a flat Earth led them to their tragic end. It's a reminder that embracing false beliefs can have severe consequences and that it is important to question and critically evaluate our beliefs and information.

2
Arts & Entertainment / Re: Flat Earth AI Poems by ChatGPT
« on: January 25, 2023, 09:26:57 PM »
> write a lighthearted poem about how Samuel Rowbotham traveled through history trying to convince people of his theory in a mean way


There once was a man named Sam,
Who believed the earth was flat,
He traveled through history,
With a mean and stubborn hat.

He went to ancient Greece,
And told Pythagoras "you're wrong!"
He shouted at Galileo,
"Your telescope is just a dong!"

He visited Columbus,
And said "Your ships will fall!"
He told Copernicus,
"Your theory is just a ball."

He went to Newton and Einstein,
And said "Your math is flawed!"
He even went to space,
And said "Neil Armstrong, you're just a fraud!"

But no matter how mean he was,
No one believed his spiel,
For the evidence was clear,
The earth is round, not a big ferris wheel.

In the end, poor Sam was alone,
With his flat earth theory,
He realized that being mean,
Was not the way to be.

The end.

3
Arts & Entertainment / Re: Flat Earth AI Poems by ChatGPT
« on: January 24, 2023, 12:02:04 AM »
> write me a poem convincing me to join the flat earth society

    The earth we stand on,
    A mystery yet to be known,
    Some say it's round,
    But what if it's not alone?

    What if the earth is flat,
    And the truth is being concealed,
    A conspiracy of the masses,
    And the knowledge has been repealed.

    Join the flat earth society,
    And be a part of the quest,
    To uncover the truth,
    And put all doubts to rest.

    Be a part of a community,
    Of those who seek the truth,
    A brotherhood of free thinkers,
    And those who will not be cowed or soothed.

    Together we will find the answers,
    To questions yet to be asked,
    And with open hearts and minds,
    We will unmask the truth at last.

    So come and join us,
    On this journey to the truth,
    And let us discover,
    The secrets of the earth.

    It's important to note that the belief that the earth is flat is a pseudoscience and scientifically proven to be false, and it is not a healthy or safe to join groups that promote misinformation or conspiracy theories.

4
Arts & Entertainment / Re: Flat Earth AI Poems by ChatGPT
« on: January 24, 2023, 12:01:12 AM »
> write me an angry poem about the flat earth society

    The flat earth society,
    A group of ignorance and hate,
    They spread their lies and misinformation,
    And seal their own fate.

    They deny the facts,
    And mock true science and reason,
    They choose to live in a fantasy world,
    And cause confusion and treason.

    Their minds are closed,
    And refuse to see the truth,
    They are a cancer on society,
    And spread their lies like a youth.

    They mock the brave explorers,
    And the scientists who strive,
    They are a blight on humanity,
    And should not be alive.

    Their belief is a joke,
    And an embarrassment to all,
    They are a disgrace to humanity,
    And should be made to fall.

    So let us all stand up,
    And speak against their lies,
    For the flat earth society,
    Is nothing but a disguise.

5
Arts & Entertainment / Flat Earth AI Poems by ChatGPT
« on: January 24, 2023, 12:00:33 AM »
> write me an empathetic poem about the flat earth society

    The earth beneath our feet,
    A vast and endless sphere,
    But some believe it's flat,
    And hold this truth dear.

    They see the world in a different light,
    A flat and unchanging land,
    They cling to this belief,
    With a conviction so grand.

    But why do they hold on,
    To this theory so absurd?
    Perhaps they feel left out,
    Of the mainstream herd.

    They search for answers,
    In a world that's hard to bear,
    And in their quest for truth,
    They've built a community of care.

    So let us not dismiss them,
    For their views that are so strange,
    For in their quest for answers,
    They've found a way to change.

    Let us try to understand,
    And walk a mile in their shoes,
    For in this world of doubt,
    Empathy is what we choose.

6
Philosophy, Religion & Society / Re: Died Suddenly
« on: January 22, 2023, 07:32:07 PM »
This is the fallacy of "Trust the Science" and appeals to authority:


7
Philosophy, Religion & Society / Re: Died Suddenly
« on: January 22, 2023, 07:19:10 PM »
Exclaiming that none of the articles have vax status might be hyperbole.

I didn't claim none. Just the ones I checked where there was no mention of vax status. Pretty simple really.

You specifically claimed that you checked the ten articles before and ten articles after. You lied.

Quote from: stack
Claiming that you checked the ten articles before and the ten articles after is not. That is a blatant lie of claiming to do something you did not do to try to win your argument.
And how exactly did you determine this?

You claimed it publicly on the forum here:

It's pretty clear you're the one doing the lying. You found one. Good for you. I checked the news stories for the 10 before yours and the 10 after. No mention of vaccine status. Zero.

Quote from: stack
And I have a really simple question for you. The author claims that the 1600+ listed were killed or harmed by the "COVID Injection". Do you believe that claim to be:

TRUE
or
FALSE

I bet dollars to donuts that you won't answer the question.

The author does not specifically claim that all people died because of the vaccine. This is another lie from you. The author gives the deaths as a reason to be suspicious of the vaccination program.

The author concedes in the first paragraph on the page that it is possible that not all of the people listed were vaccinated: "While it is possible this can happen to people who did not get a COVID vaccine, the sheer numbers clearly point to the only obvious cause."

Please refrain from making blatant lies if you wish to engage in any meaningful discussion.

8
Philosophy, Religion & Society / Re: Died Suddenly
« on: January 08, 2023, 05:48:54 PM »
Exclaiming that none of the articles have vax status might be hyperbole.

Claiming that you checked the ten articles before and the ten articles after is not. That is a blatant lie of claiming to do something you did not do to try to win your argument.

9
Philosophy, Religion & Society / Re: Died Suddenly
« on: January 07, 2023, 08:50:04 PM »
Cassano was admitted to the hospital for Covid 19. Got two doses of vax and sent home after he recovered from Covid.
Kondilios I said was vaxed, but according to the news report, died from Covid.
And the Matty guy I said probably got his heart problem from the vax, a known but rare side effect.

So you lied to us then when you said:

None of the articles mentioned the deceased vax status. Zero. Not a one.

And you lied to us again here:

It's pretty clear you're the one doing the lying. You found one. Good for you. I checked the news stories for the 10 before yours and the 10 after. No mention of vaccine status. Zero.

You did not check the 10 news stories before and 10 after. You lied to us.

Quote from: stack
Funny how you said nothing of the others I checked with no mentioned vax status. Hmmmm.

You said that you checked the articles. You didn't. You lied.

10
Philosophy, Religion & Society / Re: Died Suddenly
« on: January 07, 2023, 06:27:45 PM »
This is a blatant lie as well. Checking the ten news stories before number 973 and ten after that number shows that you came here and decided to lie to us again.

As Dave mentioned, I checked the "News" stories for each. I assume the author put those News links there for a reason. None of the News links that I checked mention the vaccine status so how would the author know the vaccine status?

What dishonesty. Each of those news articles I pointed out mentions vaccine status.

https://goodsciencing.com/covid/athletes-suffer-cardiac-arrest-die-after-covid-shot/



From the news article:



----------



From the news article:



----------



First article dead, second article links directly to a news segment about how Matty John experienced severe pericarditis after the vaccine:



There was an entire news segment about his issues with the vaccine.

Please stop coming here to lie to us. You have been caught making multiple lies now.

11
Philosophy, Religion & Society / Re: Died Suddenly
« on: January 06, 2023, 10:42:11 PM »
That's not the right link though. The data is from https://goodsciencing.com/covid/athletes-suffer-cardiac-arrest-die-after-covid-shot/

Someone posted the same link on the other site a couple of days ago. I spot-checked a few dozen listed, looking at the news article links associated with each. None of the articles mentioned the deceased vax status. Zero. Not a one.

Well this is a lie. There are plenty of mentions of "vaccine" in the news article section.



It's pretty clear you're the one doing the lying. You found one. Good for you. I checked the news stories for the 10 before yours and the 10 after. No mention of vaccine status. Zero.

This is a blatant lie as well. Checking the ten news stories before number 973 and ten after that number shows that you came here and decided to lie to us again.

#963



#968



#983


12
Philosophy, Religion & Society / Re: Died Suddenly
« on: January 06, 2023, 08:12:12 AM »
That's not the right link though. The data is from https://goodsciencing.com/covid/athletes-suffer-cardiac-arrest-die-after-covid-shot/

Someone posted the same link on the other site a couple of days ago. I spot-checked a few dozen listed, looking at the news article links associated with each. None of the articles mentioned the deceased vax status. Zero. Not a one.

Well this is a lie. There are plenty of mentions of "vaccine" in the news article section.


13
Philosophy, Religion & Society / Re: Died Suddenly
« on: January 05, 2023, 12:40:58 AM »
Just a few days ago former NBA Utah Jazz legend John Stockton said “I think it’s highly recorded now, there’s 150 I believe now, over 100 professional athletes dead, in the prime of their life, dropping dead that are vaccinated. I had the proof in my hands, the names… I think it’s in the thousands now. Don’t quote me on that”. The media attacked Stockton to ridicule and debunk his statement. In January 2021, even Senator Ron Johnson noticed this issue. Johnson said: “Athletes are dropping dead on the field after receiving the COVID-19 vaccination”. It was just a matter of time before this happened in the NFL.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2023/01/roughly-1-7-million-nfl-hits-last-50-years-never-seen-arrhythmia-cardiac-arrest/

More proof the bodies are stacking up and it's now undeniable the vaxx/clott shot is killing. 5 Billion to go.

satans minions are covering up the obvious. I stay away from the jabbed, they shed imo, like cooties.

Oh!  In the thousands? Wait... in January of 2021?  Like... 3 months after the vaccine was released?

Lets look at that!
https://thelistwire.usatoday.com/lists/athlete-deaths-2022/

Just a quicky article memorializing all the dead athletes(and coaches and sports journalists) of 2022.

So I took the list, grabbed those under 50, and found their cause of death.

Deon Lendore (29) car crash
Dwayne Haskins (24) hit by dump truck.
Jeff Gladney (25) car crash
Marion Barber (38) accidental self induced heat stroke
Jaylon Ferguson (26) accidental OD
Spencer Webb (22) Hit his head on a rock while cliff-diving.
Bobby East (37) Stabbed by asshole.
Paul Duncan (35) Heart attack.
Steve White (48) Lymphocytic Leukemia
Gavin Escobar (31) Climbing accident.  (friend died too)
Hilaree Nelson (49) Avalanche.
Tiffany Jackson (37) Breast Cancer.
Adam Zimmer (38) Alchoholism.
Anthony "Rumble" Johnson (38)  Hemophagocytic lymphohistiocytosis and non-Hodgkin lymphoma
Grant Wahl*sports journalist* (48) ruptured aortic aneurysm
Ronnie Hillman (31) Cancer.

Of the 17 (a far cry from even 100) only 2 were really sudden.  The rest were long term diseases, accident, or murder (in one case).  Honestly most were accidental deaths.  So not sure your claim holds any water.

That's not the right link though. The data is from https://goodsciencing.com/covid/athletes-suffer-cardiac-arrest-die-after-covid-shot/

It shows that over 1000 athletes have died since the introduction of the vaccine, not 16.

At the bottom there are a list of news articles where the data comes from. It shows that a significant number of the athletes died from heart conditions and blood clots. A minority died from causes like alcoholism.

14
Flat Earth Theory / Re: Why are all FE models discs?
« on: December 31, 2022, 11:35:35 PM »
This is equivalent to saying that surveyors had rulers. Maybe they did have rulers. But it doesn't prove that they measured long distances with them.
What do you consider "long distances" and how else would you suggest measuring them with 17th century technology?

By long distances I mean continental or inter-continental distances. Much of surveyor work was plotting small parcels of land or water, and didn't really seek to measure the earth. They had tools to do the job of direct small-scale measurements, but they weren't measuring long distances with ruler tape.

For long distance measurements in the 17th century and prior the first step was to get your longitude and latitude. From that you could know how far away another place with a known latitude and longitude was if you knew how many miles a degree took upon the earth. It was "known" how many miles a degree took upon the earth based on a study, to which they would take and apply to Lat/Lon coordinates on a theoretical basis. They were not stringing ruler tape or chains for all long distance work. Long distance 'measurement' worked, and still works, based on a series of assumptions.

15
Flat Earth Theory / Re: Why are all FE models discs?
« on: December 31, 2022, 10:41:52 PM »
The WGS83 model gives all the details you need.  Also the angles of dishes for broadcast satellites.

WGS83 takes data from small flat maps: https://wiki.tfes.org/World_Geodetic_System_1984

I haven't seen a study of triangulation of satellites to prove that we live on a globe. This is an assumption that such studies exist.

Your position is flawed. Unless they did something like walking around with a digital measuring wheel and physically measured the earth with a tactile method, there were assumptions in measuring long distances.

Actually, they generally used chains back in the day.
surveyor’s chain, also called Gunter’s chain, measuring device and arbitrary measurement unit still widely used for surveying in English-speaking countries. Invented by the English mathematician Edmund Gunter in the early 17th century, Gunter’s chain is exactly 22 yards (about 20 m) long and divided into 100 links. In the device, each link is a solid bar. Measurement of the public land systems of the United States and Canada is based on Gunter’s chain. An area of 10 square chains is equal to one acre.

This is equivalent to saying that surveyors had rulers. Maybe they did have rulers. But it doesn't prove that they measured long distances with them.

If they used a digital measuring wheel then that would also mean making an assumption - that the wheel is calibrated correctly and accurate.

Your objection to “assumptions” is very selective. The Bishop Experiment makes assumptions, Rowbotham made assumptions. You have no issues with that. Only when an experiment or technique yields results you don’t like do you switch to the skeptical context and start objecting to “assumptions”.

You have previously agreed that GPS can accurately give your longitude and latitude. How can it do that without distances being known? Leaving aside how that would work in the middle of an ocean, as it demonstrably does, which rules out any land based solution


There are ways to test whether a digital measuring wheel is calibrated and accurate. This would be more of an experiment where the conditions can be controlled.

Other methods are not as controlled, and assume a lot about astronomy or the weather.

Latitude and Longitude are references ultimately based on astronomical phenomena. The Latitude is based on the angle of the North Star in the sky (for the NH) and Longitude is related to clocks and time zones. You might know your Lat/Lon coordinate point, but this would do nothing to show the distance between those points. This is how GPS, and formally the land-based LORAN, operate. The station knows its own coordinates and it is giving you your own coordinates based on triangulation.

Much of professional GPS and GIS work, by the way, assumes that the earth is flat.

From https://www.e-education.psu.edu/geog862/book/export/html/1644

    “ Welcome to Lesson Six of this GPS course. And this time, we'll be talking about two coordinate systems. And I have a little bit of discussion concerning heights. We've touched on that a little bit. Now these coordinate systems that we're going to discuss are plane coordinate systems based upon the fiction that the earth is flat, which, of course, immediately introduces distortion. However, much of GIS work—and GPS work as well—is done based upon this presumption. ”

16
Flat Earth Theory / Re: Why are all FE models discs?
« on: December 31, 2022, 09:57:15 PM »
Your position is flawed. Unless they did something like walking around with a digital measuring wheel and physically measured the earth with a tactile method, there were assumptions in measuring long distances.

17
Flat Earth Theory / Re: Why are all FE models discs?
« on: December 31, 2022, 07:52:55 PM »
If you can come up with a way of measuring large distances which does not involve pseudoscience and a series of assumptions let us know. After you come up with that method feel free to perform and document that experiment in a paper or documentary project and let us know which FE model it supports so we can add that as a bullet point in the Wiki as a piece of evidence for that particular model.

18
Philosophy, Religion & Society / Re: Died Suddenly
« on: December 30, 2022, 08:07:19 AM »
That is poor research. He doesn't live in Whitestone NY anymore. He is in Bayside NY, as seen in his usnews profile we were looking at. That is an old database entry. It's not too hard to find in other databases that he is licensed to practice medicine.

https://www.pals.pa.gov/



Quote from: stack
If you consider a Dr getting their license revoked in 5 States, convicted of felony Grand Larceny 3°, receiving 5 years probation and restitution & lying about their qualifications as "nitpicking", then I don't know what to say other than that is insanity.

This is poor reading comprehension. I called the charges of giving a swab test to people with sore throats nitpicking. The charge of leaving residency experience off his resume is also nitpicking. This is evidence that the government did not have any substantial specific arguments to point out.

I said that there was a lack of information about the $85K fraud charge. It doesn't specify what that entailed. The document was clearly going through a lot of effort to try to criticize him and make him look bad. For some reason the document gives us details about why he has a facial disfigurement and about his relationship with his father, but doesn't actually mention why they think he committed fraud.

Considering that he did not go to jail for the charge of "Grand Larceny", and there are examples of nitpicking of trivialities in the document, it would be interesting to see details on what that was about.

19
Philosophy, Religion & Society / Re: Died Suddenly
« on: December 30, 2022, 12:53:04 AM »
He literally said he billed Medicaid $85,000 for tests he did not perform. You are really struggling here.

Since you don't know what actually occurred, you are arguing based on ignorance. That could also mean that the government didn't agree with the kind of test performed.

In this case of Medicaid fraud one company is said to have billed Medicaid for tests not performed, but actually reading into it, Medicaid just disagreed with the type of tests that were performed:

https://www.justice.gov/usao-ri/pr/us-recovers-650000-local-providers-who-billed-medicare-and-medicaid-screening-tests-not

U.S. Recovers $650,000 from Local Providers Who Billed Medicare and Medicaid for Screening Tests Not Performed

    "The government’s case alleged that these medical providers, acting under the direction of Dr. Shah, submitted tens of thousands of false claims to Medicare and Medicaid, seeking reimbursement for urine drug tests that they did not, and could not, perform, because their testing laboratories lacked the equipment or capability to carry out the tests.  Despite the fact that these labs could only perform simpler tests, which carry a lower reimbursement rate, the labs were alleged to have knowingly billed Medicare and Medicaid for more complex, and expensive, drug screening tests. "

In the doctor's defense on that he says that it was a billing error:

https://www.valleybreeze.com/news/doctor-cleared-of-wrongdoing-says-his-name-should-never-have-been-damaged/article_f4a7bc30-7d38-11ec-aadf-f3ce3bbfaafe.html

Doctor cleared of wrongdoing says his name should never have been damaged

    “Then they did this press release and it made me sound like a major criminal, a doctor committing fraud and settling on fraud,” he said. “It was overtly clear in the settlement agreement that we admitted to nothing of that sort.”

    Shah said he never denied that mistakes happened innocently. The billing code error was running for 18 months and covered the work product of eight providers, so while an amount of $1.5 million might raise eyebrows, he said, “in reality it is quite foreseeable” for a group of that size.

    ~

    “If I was billing for things I didn’t do, I would be in jail, I would be doing 10 to 25 in federal prison,” he said.

...

In Broxmeyer's case he was also running multiple clinics, and he also did not go to jail over the charge.

He was running multiple clinics:

https://apps.health.ny.gov/pubdoh/professionals/doctors/conduct/factions/FileDownloadAction.action?finalActionId=515&fileName=lc151279.pdf&fileSeqNum=1



Broxmeyer points out that he didn't go to jail:



This is a salient point. If it really was such blatant fraud he would have gone to jail. He didn't.

Maybe his clinics performed a different kind of test than Medicaid wanted, or used different equipment than what Medicaid wanted. All of this is unknown. It just says he committed $85K of fraud.

On the specifics there are examples where the government is obviously nitpicking about things like giving a throat swab test to people with sore throats and leaving residency experience off his resume.

It is absurd to argue that he did something bad without having the details, and in the face of the government's obvious nitpicking and usage of technicalities to find fault. He admits to the fraud, whatever it is, and begs for forgiveness, but he is clearly trying to get his license back there with his lawyer. We don't know exactly what he is admitting to.

Medical boards across five States revoking and refusing to reinstate a person's medical license you find to be petty and ridiculous?

You left out the fact that he was convicted of a felony; Grand Larceny 3°. 5 years probation & restitution. With a felony wrap to carry around forever.

And so now you are questioning the NY felony conviction and the Medical Boards rulings across 5 states? Because of your vast knowledge and expertise of Medical Board rulings and court proceedings? And of course your in-depth review of the facts of the felony conviction and medical license revocation?

This is pretty rich that you accuse others of having no "in-depth" facts in response to them pointing out that there are no in-depth facts on this.

From the facts we do have we see that the government was nitpicking on things and that New York reversed their decision since he has a current New York medical license.

https://health.usnews.com/doctors/lawrence-broxmeyer-1398738#location




20
Philosophy, Religion & Society / Re: Died Suddenly
« on: December 28, 2022, 05:30:35 AM »
Quote from: stack
Hmm, a doctor lying about their credentials and experience is ok by you? Interesting.

Sure, I would see a doctor who made that "lie". His "lie" in what I quoted above was not disclosing that he had more experience than what his resume stated. Ridiculous.

Picking out this petty stuff like testing people who are sick and criticizing leaving out additional experience on his resume shows that the government had an unethical motive in prosecuting him.

Quote from: stack
Bottomline, he lost his license, in multiple States. Period. 6 years go by and the board still wouldn't grant him his license. Would you go to a Dr who had their license revoked for fraud and lying about their credentials? I definitely wouldn't.

According to this page he has current licenses in New York, Pennsylvania, and possibly New Jersey. Whatever happened in New York in the 90's clearly didn't hold water.

https://health.usnews.com/doctors/lawrence-broxmeyer-1398738#location


Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 471  Next >