Online junker

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Now Playing (the Video Game Version)
« Reply #940 on: March 22, 2020, 03:42:36 PM »
DOOM Eternal 10/10 GOTY 2020

tbh it probably isn't even the best game released on 20 March, 2020...

I haven't completed it yet but so far there isn't anything that is an improvement on the previous game.

Offline beardo

• View Profile
« Reply #941 on: March 24, 2020, 04:54:39 AM »

I haven't completed it yet but so far there isn't anything that is an improvement on the previous game.
nice onion
The Mastery.

Offline Fortuna

• View Profile
« Reply #942 on: March 24, 2020, 07:39:48 AM »
Playing Animal Crossing. It's relaxing af.
"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." -Henry David Thoreau

Offline Snupes

• Planar Moderator
  • I summon my love back to me
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: March 25, 2020, 10:59:49 PM »
Also playing Animal Crossing. Got stung by wasps six days in a row, a bear called my house swole, I'm a shitton of money in debt, and my official title is "Freshly-Delivered Lawn Clippings". 10/10 GOTY 2020/2021/2022/2023/2024
Quote from: garygreen date=1480782226
i also took an online quiz that said i was a giraffe.  and i guess you're dumb enough to believe that i must be because the internet said so.

« Reply #944 on: March 27, 2020, 02:57:10 AM »
I play Dota and World of Warcraft Classic because no one has made a good game in 15 years.
You don't think I'm going to post here sober, do you?  ???

I have embraced my Benny Franko side. I'm sleazy.

Online junker

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #945 on: March 27, 2020, 04:01:36 AM »

I beat D O O M last night. Opinion the same as above.

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: March 27, 2020, 10:25:58 PM »
Literally my least favorite thing about DOOM Eternal is the reveal that the Doom Slayer is actually Doomguy from the previous games in the series. It makes the universe feel so much smaller. And what makes it worse is that Doomguy is portrayed as a nut ranting at strangers about how he needs to kill all the demons. I actually really liked the character of the Doom Slayer in the previous game. It's easy enough to make the joke that he represents the typical FPS gamer who ignores the story and just wants to kill enemies - and it is a pretty funny joke - but there's a simple in-universe explanation for why he behaves the way he does. He's a holy warrior of an ancient race that have long stood in opposition to Hell, and he knows that nothing justifies bargaining with demons or tampering with Hell. It's his duty to destroy the demons and sever their connection to other worlds, and he's not interested in excuses for their presence. Making him Doomguy, and as raving and unhinged as ever, undermines all of that. He's not really a solemn holy warrior, he's just dressing up as one while deep down being a babbling lunatic motivated by his own bloodlust.
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y