Recent Posts

Philosophy, Religion & Society / Re: Build Wall
« Last post by Lord Dave on January 19, 2019, 09:49:44 PM »
Sorry this took me a while to make.  I have a life.

One man's hero is another man's villian.
One man's freedom fighter is another man's terrorist.

However, lets be clear: While both sides could end this now, Donald is the one making demands for something.  He is using America as leverage to get his wall, like a terrorist holding hostages.  HE is demanding something that's new.  The democrats want business as usual.  They want the status quo.  A kidnapper doesn't call and say "You can have your child back if you don't pay me $5 million."

Trump is a terrorist, holding Americans hostage.  And we don't negotiate with terrorists.

Note from moderator: STOP ATTACHING ENORMOUS IMAGES TO YOUR POST. THANK YOU.
Flat Earth Theory / Lunar libration
« Last post by shootingstar on January 19, 2019, 09:48:00 PM »
Not sure if this is covered by FEW. Can't find any reference.  There is a slight wobble of the Moon in both longitude and latitude over the course of the month. This allows us to see a total of 60% of the surface of the Moon as seen from R Earth.  How would that be accounted for in FE theory?
Philosophy, Religion & Society / Re: Trump
« Last post by Rama Set on January 19, 2019, 07:57:48 PM »
Yeah. Well it’s not like there won’t be some other steaming pile for Trump to step in next week. Stay tuned!
« Last post by Rushy on January 19, 2019, 07:02:43 PM »
Buzzfeed is defending their source and wanting to know what exactly Mueller disagreed with, which seems fair since he was vague.

"Mueller’s denial, according to people familiar with the matter, aims to make clear that none of those statements in the story are accurate."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/2019/01/18/b9c40d34-1b85-11e9-8813-cb9dec761e73_story.html

Though WaPo's use of "people familiar with the matter" is equally as suspect as Buzzfeed's use of anonymous sources.
« Last post by Rama Set on January 19, 2019, 05:57:40 PM »
Buzzfeed is defending their source and wanting to know what exactly Mueller disagreed with, which seems fair since he was vague.
« Last post by Rushy on January 19, 2019, 05:16:54 PM »
This is what happens when your "anonymous source" is some intern looking to make a quick buck from a gullible journalist.
« Last post by Rama Set on January 19, 2019, 04:32:22 PM »
Fair enough. The name “buzzfeed” is almost enough to discredit them but nothing about that story seemed implausible to me. I will certainly always wait for buzzfeed to be confirmed by some other source from now on.
Flat Earth Investigations / Re: Rowbotham experiment #9
« Last post by edby on January 19, 2019, 03:17:44 PM »
Your entire [Edby's] argument relies on correlations implying causation, and on the fact that you personally think some things are likely.

Even that is wrong. Pete read a website somewhere, or a popular science book that said “correlation doesn’t imply causation”, and left it at that. He is confusing it with the (true) claim that correlation doesn't imply direct causation. There is always some indirect causation involved. If A is highly correlated with B, then A may be directly causing B, or there may be an underlying phenomenon C which brings about the observed correlation.
Flat Earth Investigations / Re: Dark side of Globe Earth?
« Last post by Pete Svarrior on January 19, 2019, 03:15:58 PM »
Excellent. Once you've informed yourself of the basics to a level that allows you not to make threads like this, do come back.

In the meantime, I'm locking this thread.
Flat Earth Investigations / Re: Dark side of Globe Earth?
« Last post by mwolf91 on January 19, 2019, 03:14:53 PM »
And I'm informing you, that I am familiar with the round earth theory. But I can't actually argue with anyone if a moderator keeps clogging up my thread with smarta**ery. I'm here, on the Flat Earth Society forum boards, to talk about Flat Earth and share my observations with others. Not to be insulted by some guy who thinks he's the bees knees because he is a moderator.