Recent Posts

Have you all ever heard of Celestia? https://celestia.space/ It has a LOT of what total is looking for.

Perhaps, like me, he didn't think you could be serious, that for once you were showing a modicum of humour.

Especially as following the Sandy Hook school shooting, there was a significant spike in sales -- 3 million additional guns sold from December 2012 to April 2013, according to calculations based on FBI criminal background check data. Whether this was a reaction to the perceived threat to the 2nd amendment is moot, as a potential method of curbing guns it would have been a fail.
Yep.

Except for Kepler's laws of planetary motion. Approximations or not, scientists claim these work.

I revised the OP.

Out of curiosity, are you aware the Kepler's laws were used to predict the existence and location of Neptune and the prediction of the location was accurate to within one degree in the sky?
That's the story.
Repeating the OP:
"Damning evidence against the heliocentric model...
would be the lack of a CGI rendering of the complete model, along with a detailed release of all inputs used for creating the model.

Those inputs used for creating the model would need to minimally include Kepler's Laws of planetary motion and Newton's Laws of motion and universal gravitation and account for the Laws of Thermodynamics.

Does anyone have such a model, open for inspection?"

If you do not have a model for submission, then please refrain from posting.
Repeating the OP:
would be the lack of a CGI rendering of the complete model, along with a detailed release of all inputs used for creating the model.

Those inputs used for creating the model would need to minimally include Kepler's Laws of planetary motion and Newton's Laws of motion and universal gravitation and account for the Laws of Thermodynamics.

Thanks for repeating the OP and assisting!

I appreciate it!

From what I can tell, this is what he's looking for.

1. Must show full solar system to full accuracy. Slightly oval orbits, spinning sun, spinning planets, spinning moons. The whole shebang.
2. Must show solar system movement within Milky Way galaxy. In relation to other systems, movement of spiral, etc.
3. Must explicitly call out both Newton and Kepler as being sources for equations being used in the creation of said model.
4. Must provide full math for how the model was created.
5. Source can be anyone.

If you can vet this list I'm sure it would be appreciated/helpful for others, regardless of my personal feelings on how improbable the existence of such a rendering is.

Repeating the OP:

Thanks for repeating the OP and assisting!

I appreciate it!
https://mgvez.github.io/jsorrery/

Source:
https://github.com/mgvez/jsorrery/blob/master/src/algorithm/Gravity.js
- uses Newton's law of gravitation
Thanks for the submission.

I increased the animation speed to the maximum amount available and it failed to show the Sun either rotating or in revolutionary movement (as far as I can tell).

Heliocentric, the word in the title of this thread, means sun-centered.

Did you mean something else? It sounds like you want a model of the entire galaxy. Why would anyone build such a model other than to satisfy you?
Repeating the OP:

Well, to be fair - and I was the only one who said I would do this - the challenge was to demonstrate this fact without relying on government space agencies.
That takes five seconds!
Google "SpaceX"!

Eh... too easy. Let's assume we're limiting it to... non-corporate independents. At least, that's what I'm going to try.

My point is that you really don't need photographs to demonstrate the globe model and all of astronomy as accurate. It only requires that you understand the maths.
Suggestions & Concerns / Re: How Banning works
« Last post by supaluminus on Today at 07:45:03 PM »
And if you're going to make a rule like this, be consistent. Why wasn't Tom warned for this?

https://forum.tfes.org/index.php?topic=8460.0

Tom wasn't warned, the person who responded to him was. Overall, I don't think either post warranted a warning.
I think you missed one post in this string. Supaluminous opens the off-topic exchange with his comment of

Should I be wary about being thrown out if people start getting irritated with me for making too much sense?

Perhaps Tom shouldn't have entertained his shitposting, but nobody's perfect. Supa, in this case, is very clearly the instigator.

That sounds reasonably fair to me. I'm glad you at least understood why that was a valid question to ask, rather than snubbing the question outright.
Suggestions & Concerns / Re: How Banning works
« Last post by junker on Today at 07:36:13 PM »
Cleaned up off-topic avatar posts and moved to The Lounge.
Flat Earth Debate / Re: What is the source of the sun's energy?
« Last post by KAL_9000 on Today at 07:28:19 PM »
If you had chemotherapy recently, your hair would have fallen out, which is not what your profile picture (presumably your face) shows.

I doubt she'd update it to show that, I know I wouldn't. I'd stop trying to poke holes in her personal life stories and just discard them as unrelated - that's an area where she has an objective advantage, because she could make up anything and you couldn't prove her wrong.

You should stick to the flat earth discussions, where she can still make stuff up but you can prove her wrong. :P

True, PickYerPoison, true.