Recent Posts

Flat Earth Community / NASA going to SUN
« Last post by DuniyaGolHai on Today at 05:40:20 AM »
Can you land that on a floating barge? Maybe a "Looks so fake it must be real" stupid people.....

The earth is flat as a pancake and the charlatans milked you good.
Arts & Entertainment / Re: Star Citizen
« Last post by Fortuna on July 22, 2018, 11:03:11 PM »
Because the Connie is permanently available, so I can buy it again whenever I want.

But the Apollo is a medical ship, for doing medical things, like saving people. Absolutely haram.

Also:

Current ship listing

I'm surprised they have as many playable ships in as they do.
Flat Earth Theory / Re: Query: Age and formation of the Flat Earth
« Last post by BillO on July 22, 2018, 10:28:10 PM »
Why are you expecting a complete model of nature?
I come from a scientific background.  I seek to explain things.  I am inquisitive and seek knowledge and understanding for the pure joy of it.

The effort to provide a complete model of nature beyond all else was the main issue which plauged  the history of science. Read Zetetic and Theoretic Defined and Compared.
The end of the very fist sentence at that page you linked to gives you the answer.  "THE term Zetetic is derived from the Greek verb Zeteo; which means to search, or examine; to proceed only by inquiry; to take nothing for granted, but to trace phenomena to their immediate and demonstrable causes. "

However, FE followers claim to be zetetic, but they do not seem very good at it.  So much about the concept of a flat earth leaves so many phenomena without finding the cause.  Would you like a list?
  • What causes the sun to light up and provide heat?
  • What causes the sun to speed around at over 1000 miles an hour?
  • What causes the sun to stay circling the plain beneath, rather than just flying off in a straight line?
  • What causes the sun to change course over a year
  • What causes the sun to stay at its altitude
  • If the flat earth hypotheses has any validity, what causes it to incorrectly predict the sun's observed angle at sunrise and sunset?

They are only a few of the things concerning just the sun that your zetetic searching has yet to demonstrate a cause for, immediate or otherwise.

You do realize that scientists do not use the meaning of 'Theory' as defined at that page, don't you?  The definition there better describes what scientists call an hypothesis.  Scientists do not call a thing a 'theory' unless it has been demonstrated over an over again and found to accurately describe nature in some useful way.
Flat Earth Investigations / Observing deep space with a light that can bend
« Last post by Niki4To on July 22, 2018, 07:39:47 PM »
How can we receive meaningful images of deep space if light can bend?

Being the light able to bend, I would expect the image we receive to be much crazier/chaotic than a kaleidoscope.

And in the most extreme case(with a bit of lag):

Flat Earth Theory / Re: Is Google maps accurate?
« Last post by edby on July 22, 2018, 07:20:51 PM »
The distances in the video are based on the Latitude/Longitude coordinate system, which is a spherical coordinate system. Of course you will get a sphere.
So the question is, whether Google maps accurate. I agree that the distances are entirely generated by the assumption that the earth is approximately spherical. Read the OP. But that is not the question. I wrote:

The results clearly indicate that Google maps is using round earth assumptions. So the question is whether Google maps is accurate or not. If it is, then the earth is approximately a sphere. If not, then not.
Likewise, at the end of the video, he says
Either all distances are wrong .. or the earth is not flat.
Flat Earth Theory / Re: Query: Age and formation of the Flat Earth
« Last post by Tom Bishop on July 22, 2018, 07:14:31 PM »
Why are you expecting a complete model of nature?

The effort to provide a complete model of nature beyond all else was the main issue which plauged  the history of science. Read Zetetic and Theoretic Defined and Compared.
Flat Earth Theory / Re: Is Google maps accurate?
« Last post by Tom Bishop on July 22, 2018, 06:56:08 PM »
The distances in the video are based on the Latitude/Longitude coordinate system, which is a spherical coordinate system. Of course you will get a sphere.
Philosophy, Religion & Society / Re: Trump
« Last post by honk on July 22, 2018, 06:39:18 PM »
I don't "already know" I said it. Is it so outlandish to you that I might have said it and forgot?
Flat Earth Theory / Re: Bi-Polar Model: YouTube movement catching on
« Last post by Rama Set on July 22, 2018, 05:26:43 PM »
The solution to the circumference being one coordinate point on a globe is that the RE coordinate system is incorrect.
I don't think so - don't FE and RE agree totally on lat long positions? Long is measured in 15 degrees per hour, since we all agree there are 24 hours in a day, and that there is always high noon somewhere. Latitude, we agree on the angle to the pole star. So the coordinate system exhausts all the points on the earth that there are.

It depends on the FEer and also on the day I think.  Tom certainly disputes the validity lat and long as it applies to a FE.