Recent Posts

Flat Earth Q&A / Re: How can the sun be a spot light?
« Last post by Mark_1984 on Today at 08:14:36 AM »

Indeed. I'll try and get ROUND to seeing if I can come up with a simpler concept.....Sure it's around sphere somewhere.....

That’s funny !  Worth risking a low content warning from Junkers !
Philosophy, Religion & Society / Re: Another mass shooting...
« Last post by Lord Dave on Today at 07:11:08 AM »
Knives are pretty easy to use tbh

Yeah but hitting insta kill spots is hard.  A knife is easy enough to stab with but unless you hit a vital spot like hear or neck or an artery, they'll probably life for a good hour and recover with medical treatment.

Guns do way more damage.
Flat Earth General / Re: What are stars?
« Last post by mtnman on Today at 05:26:32 AM »
Can someone please explain what stars are? ???

It is unknown what the stars are. That is not empirically demonstrable.
Yes, a complete mystery, just like the distance from New York to Paris.
Flat Earth Q&A / Re: Does the moon also cast a "flashlight" beam?
« Last post by mtnman on Today at 05:23:41 AM »
Where does it say that the sun's light is a "flashlight" beam?

Quote from your Wiki
As an analogy for the enlarging of the sun at sunset, lets imagine that we are in a dark room with a flashlight. We shine the light upon the wall, creating a distinct circle of light.

The sun shines light in all directions.

Oops, Tom hasn’t been paying attention in class  :P
Nice catch Mark!
Flat Earth Q&A / Re: Does the moon also cast a "flashlight" beam?
« Last post by Mark_1984 on Today at 04:06:13 AM »
Where does it say that the sun's light is a "flashlight" beam?

Quote from your Wiki
As an analogy for the enlarging of the sun at sunset, lets imagine that we are in a dark room with a flashlight. We shine the light upon the wall, creating a distinct circle of light.

The sun shines light in all directions.

Oops, Tom hasn’t been paying attention in class  :P
Flat Earth General / Re: What are stars?
« Last post by Mark_1984 on Today at 03:40:15 AM »
Can someone please explain what stars are? ???

It is unknown what the stars are. That is not empirically demonstrable.

Wrong I’m afraid Tom.  We can observe the light coming from the stars and measure the spectral absorption lines.  From this empirical observation we can deduce that the stars are largely hydrogen and helium.  Furthermore, there is no significant oxygen present, so we know they are not burning in the conventional sense, but they are very bright.  Therefore there is some other reaction going on. 

Of course, Tom will say I have no proof of this.  I will reply that there are dozens of independent sources, and Tom will reply that they are all part of the conspiracy. 
Flat Earth Debate / Re: Satellites
« Last post by Mark_1984 on Today at 03:22:14 AM »

The balloons are never in orbit - they are floating at 80,000 to 120,000 feet in the air.  Nothing is in orbit ever.  If you can barely see a commercial airliner at 35,000 feet in the air the balloons would be unnoticeable from our point of view on the ground without a form of scoped magnification.  The balloons when observed during daytime look like a shiny silver dollar.
Please cite the source for the technical details listed here.

And photographic evidence of these balloons looking like shiny silver dollars
Flat Earth Debate / Re: Meteor showers
« Last post by mtnman on Today at 03:19:13 AM »

It is condensation on the underside of the firmament.  Get a life Mark_1984 - who is paying you to waste time here?

Do you understand that condensation is water? You think drops of water make fiery streaks across the sky?

What is your explanation for how they can be predicted accurately when traveling through the vast expanse of space when we're spinning and moving millions of miles and the same rocks happen to hit us?
They orbit the sun just like the Earth. Their orbit can be predicted with science and math and stuff.

It's the same as predicting comets since meteor showers are remnants of comets.
Flat Earth Debate / Re: Meteor showers
« Last post by Mark_1984 on Today at 03:17:59 AM »
My explanation is simple. The orbit of the cloud of rocks is well known to astronomers, as is the orbit of the earth.  As these are both known quantities, it’s easy for an astronomer to calculate when we will pass through the cloud. 

If it’s condensation on the underside of the firmament, please explain to me just what that is, how it causes the effect of shooting stars, and how it can be predicted so accurately by astronomers. 

Oh, and none of your, isn’t it obvious answers as that just demonstrates you have no idea what you’re talking about.