Recent Posts

Philosophy, Religion & Society / Re: President Joe Biden
« Last post by BillO on February 17, 2024, 11:16:47 PM »
I'd honestly hate to have to choose between the two, but if push came to shove I'd have to go with Mr. Biden.

Trump is just full of himself, and where there's a little room it's all just shlt.  If he goes off script (which is frequently) he just strings un-related words together.  He can't even get his political opponents right.

Plus, Biden just seems less outwardly criminal.

The pick'ns be slim.

Not that there is much to toot about in Canada either.
« Last post by Pete Svarrior on February 17, 2024, 10:43:03 PM »
I was talking to a mate about this yesterday and we both agreed we’d both probably vote for Trump if we were in the US. I can’t stand him, but he is at least compus mentus.
This really surprises me. I'm no fan of Jo Biden, but to say that Trump is compos mentis1 seems off. Many of the things he's said, especially during his presidency when his publicity was at its highest, strongly suggested that his grasp on reality was tenuous at best. Are you sure that you're comparing the two fairly, rather than falling for the trap of hearing Biden say silly things more recently?

1 - yeah, yeah, I'm just correcting your spelling here. Gimme a break.
« Last post by AATW on February 17, 2024, 08:18:17 PM »
I can't think of anyone off hand.
Trump it is then, unless he’s in prison.
I was talking to a mate about this yesterday and we both agreed we’d both probably vote for Trump if we were in the US. I can’t stand him, but he is at least compus mentus. Biden just isn’t fit to run the country. Even if he was now, he’s 81. There’s no guarantee he’d get through the 4 years. Why the hell would you elect someone of that age to be president? No one is as sharp at that age as they are in their prime.

Our lot aren’t competent and the options in the UK are fairly depressing but they are at least physically and mentally fit enough to govern.
« Last post by Action80 on February 17, 2024, 04:41:10 PM »
^ITT LD finally admits there are no democrats in possession of "vague" popularity or mental acuity.
« Last post by Lord Dave on February 17, 2024, 01:37:51 PM »
Well, you said it made sense for Biden not to drop out. It doesn't.
Who would even replace him?
There surely has to be someone else who is vaguely popular and who has the mental ability to be the president. No?
I can't think of anyone off hand.
« Last post by AATW on February 17, 2024, 01:20:30 PM »
There surely has to be someone else who is vaguely popular and who has the mental ability to be the president. No?
« Last post by Lord Dave on February 17, 2024, 10:13:31 AM »
« Last post by honk on February 17, 2024, 01:29:08 AM »
« Last post by Lord Dave on February 16, 2024, 05:40:37 PM »
Sitting presidents generally aren't primaried at all, to say nothing of the unique degree of loyalty and devotion that Trump's fans show him, so it makes no sense to compare this to other primaries to begin with. Obviously this is a unique situation. Your other point seems to more concerned with some imaginary game of saving face rather than winning the election. Refusing to address an obvious weakness simply because your opponent has already identified that weakness and you don't want to admit that they were right is insanity.

At what point did I claim US politics were sane?
« Last post by honk on February 16, 2024, 04:47:08 PM »
Sitting presidents generally aren't primaried at all, to say nothing of the unique degree of loyalty and devotion that Trump's fans show him, so it makes no sense to compare this to other primaries to begin with. Obviously this is a unique situation. Your other point seems to more concerned with some imaginary game of saving face rather than winning the election. Refusing to address an obvious weakness simply because your opponent has already identified that weakness and you don't want to admit that they were right is insanity.