Doesn't the bible say the sun and moon are IN the firmament?
« on: December 26, 2017, 02:29:28 PM »
I know not every flat-earther here may be christian, but to any who are, doesn't the bible state that the sun and moon were attached to the dome of the firmament? Doesn't this contradict this websites position that the sun and moon are inside of the dome, above the earth instead?

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
Re: Doesn't the bible say the sun and moon are IN the firmament?
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2017, 03:58:42 PM »
I know not every flat-earther here may be christian
Virtually none are.

Doesn't this contradict this websites position that the sun and moon are inside of the dome, above the earth instead?
What makes you think that this is "this website's position"? I'm not convinced that's true.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2017, 06:19:47 PM »
Virtually none are.

Doesn't this contradict this websites position that the sun and moon are inside of the dome, above the earth instead?
What makes you think that this is "this website's position"? I'm not convinced that's true.

Isn't that what the wiki says? That the sun and the moon are circling above the flat earth?

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2017, 09:20:59 PM »
Virtually none are.

Isn't that what the wiki says? That the sun and the moon are circling above the flat earth?

Yes but does it specify that it's happening inside a dome? I don't believe in it personally; it's unzetetic to needlessly posit the existence of something we've never observed, and I have yet to observe a dome above the Earth holding the heavens in, nor do I see any reason to infer its existence.
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2017, 11:40:26 PM »
Virtually none are.

Yes but does it specify that it's happening inside a dome? I don't believe in it personally; it's unzetetic to needlessly posit the existence of something we've never observed, and I have yet to observe a dome above the Earth holding the heavens in, nor do I see any reason to infer its existence.

The logo of this website literally has a flat earth with a dome/bubble around it.

Offline Dr David Thork

• https://onlyfans.com/thork
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2017, 11:16:04 AM »
Virtually none are.

The logo of this website literally has a flat earth with a dome/bubble around it.
Apple has a logo of an apple. They sell phones.
Uncle Ben wasn't a real person.
Starbucks has a goddess on the logo.
Twitter is a blue bird.
Dominos has domino bricks and not pizza in the logo.

I struggle to think of a company that accurately portrays its products or services in its logo. What is your point?
Rate this post.      👍 6     👎 1

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2017, 11:36:46 AM »
I know not every flat-earther here may be christian, but to any who are, doesn't the bible state that the sun and moon were attached to the dome of the firmament? Doesn't this contradict this websites position that the sun and moon are inside of the dome, above the earth instead?

I used to be a Jehovahs witness, In the JW bible, ( which is VERY similar to the christian bible ) it starts in genisis just as the christian bible, and mentions the firmament too , later in the bible about the 'floodgates of the firmanent' and the 4 corners of the world, and that Jehovah ( god ) promised to never flood the earth again! How could he flood it in the first place unless he had the largest water container in the world? the firmament of course which as suggested in the bible, is water!

From a christian / Jw and probably some other religious groups points of view from the bible - the dome / firmament is real.

I have yet to make my mind up about flat earth being real, so my opinion is not worth much but here goes.

The Moon is above or inside the firmament, with a fantastic camera, it looks underwater, so do the stars - the stars look like bubbles being radiated.

The sun, is a difficult one! It cant be inside a body of water or it would be 'put out' extinguished. So, the sun is probably within the firmament, or above the firmament further away then the stars! whichever one - is hard to beleive, but dont forget the official story is also hard to believe! ( not so hard to believe because youve always been told and its sunk in by now ) 93 million miles away! But going from the equator to say, germany causes a fairly large difference in temperature............. and something 93 million miles away surely, at that distance cannot cause much more then a 0.01% difference in reality with temperatures? Thats the way my mind comprehends it .

It makes more sense from a difference of temperature across the world to believe the sun is much closer then suggested. weather earth is globe or flat.

Plus how does the sun burn in space without oxygen? well - apparently it uses hydrogen and other gases blah blah...... really? who has been 93 million miles to see and take specimens of what the sun burn on? perhaps space does have oxygen? or perhaps there is no space, and the sun is within our atmosphere fixed to the firmanent, moving along with the other stars..... perhaps, the sun is above the firmament and is actually smaller , but looks bigger due to the water magnifying it?

why do we get sun dogs? ice crystals?? yeah right.

many things do not add up, I saw a sun dog two weeks ago, amazing sight - looked like somebody had placed a massive glass bowl upside down in the sky!

The fact we have life, and perfect environments to live and breed in, suggest we must have a creator, and if you read the whole christian bible , you may very well believe in a flat earth with a firmament more then ever before!

Dont forget, we are under ( satans rule ) and it is hes very job to deceive us all through man, God himself said we would all be deceived ( and lied to )on a massive scale, what if this lie is 'the globe' It makes biblical sense to me.

Offline StinkyOne

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2017, 01:14:42 PM »

I used to be a Jehovahs witness, In the JW bible, ( which is VERY similar to the christian bible ) it starts in genisis just as the christian bible, and mentions the firmament too , later in the bible about the 'floodgates of the firmanent' and the 4 corners of the world, and that Jehovah ( god ) promised to never flood the earth again! How could he flood it in the first place unless he had the largest water container in the world? the firmament of course which as suggested in the bible, is water!

From a christian / Jw and probably some other religious groups points of view from the bible - the dome / firmament is real.

I have yet to make my mind up about flat earth being real, so my opinion is not worth much but here goes.

The Moon is above or inside the firmament, with a fantastic camera, it looks underwater, so do the stars - the stars look like bubbles being radiated.

The sun, is a difficult one! It cant be inside a body of water or it would be 'put out' extinguished. So, the sun is probably within the firmament, or above the firmament further away then the stars! whichever one - is hard to beleive, but dont forget the official story is also hard to believe! ( not so hard to believe because youve always been told and its sunk in by now ) 93 million miles away! But going from the equator to say, germany causes a fairly large difference in temperature............. and something 93 million miles away surely, at that distance cannot cause much more then a 0.01% difference in reality with temperatures? Thats the way my mind comprehends it .

It makes more sense from a difference of temperature across the world to believe the sun is much closer then suggested. weather earth is globe or flat.

Plus how does the sun burn in space without oxygen? well - apparently it uses hydrogen and other gases blah blah...... really? who has been 93 million miles to see and take specimens of what the sun burn on? perhaps space does have oxygen? or perhaps there is no space, and the sun is within our atmosphere fixed to the firmanent, moving along with the other stars..... perhaps, the sun is above the firmament and is actually smaller , but looks bigger due to the water magnifying it?

why do we get sun dogs? ice crystals?? yeah right.

many things do not add up, I saw a sun dog two weeks ago, amazing sight - looked like somebody had placed a massive glass bowl upside down in the sky!

The fact we have life, and perfect environments to live and breed in, suggest we must have a creator, and if you read the whole christian bible , you may very well believe in a flat earth with a firmament more then ever before!

Dont forget, we are under ( satans rule ) and it is hes very job to deceive us all through man, God himself said we would all be deceived ( and lied to )on a massive scale, what if this lie is 'the globe' It makes biblical sense to me.

There are no Christian churches that teach the Earth is flat and that we live under a dome.The moon looks "wavy" though a telescope because you are looking through the atmosphere. That is the reason we have telescopes in space - the atmosphere distorts the image.
I saw a video where a pilot was flying above the sun.
-Terry50

Offline Dr David Thork

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2017, 03:28:29 PM »
There are no Christian churches that teach the Earth is flat and that we live under a dome.
They all do. It is the very first thing you are told.

Quote from: Genesis
In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.

And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.

And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.

And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day.

these references then further appear in the books of Psalms,

Quote from: Psalm 19:1
The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork.
which just happens to be the inscription on the tombstone of Wernher von Braun (Who would know about limitations such as a firmament).

Quote from: Psalm 104
Bless the Lord, O my soul. O Lord my God, thou art very great; thou art clothed with honour and majesty.

Who coverest thyself with light as with a garment: who stretchest out the heavens like a curtain:

Who layeth the beams of his chambers in the waters: who maketh the clouds his chariot: who walketh upon the wings of the wind:

and then appear in proverbs
Quote from: Proverbs 8:27
When He established the heavens, I was there, When He inscribed a circle on the face of the deep.

and then in the books of Isaiah
Quote from: bible
Isaiah 40:22 It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in:
Isaiah 44:24 Thus saith the Lord, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the Lord that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself;
Isaiah 45:12 I have made the earth, and created man upon it: I, even my hands, have stretched out the heavens, and all their host have I commanded.
Isaiah 48:13 Mine hand also hath laid the foundation of the earth, and my right hand hath spanned the heavens: when I call unto them, they stand up together.
Isaiah 66:1 Thus saith the Lord, The heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool: where is the house that ye build unto me? and where is the place of my rest?

and then in Ezekiel
Quote from: Ezekiel 1:26
And above the firmament that was over their heads was the likeness of a throne, as the appearance of a sapphire stone: and upon the likeness of the throne was the likeness as the appearance of a man above upon it.

and Amos
Quote from: Amos 9:6
The One who builds His upper chambers in the heavens And has founded His vaulted dome over the earth

there's a shed load of it in Job
Job 9:6 Which shaketh the earth out of her place, and the pillars thereof tremble.
Job 26:7 He stretcheth out the north over the empty place, and hangeth the earth upon nothing.
Job 26:10 He hath compassed the waters with bounds, until the day and night come to an end.
Job 28:24 For he looketh to the ends of the earth, and seeth under the whole heaven;
Job 37:3 He directeth it under the whole heaven, and his lightning unto the ends of the earth.

Job 38:

Then the Lord answered Job out of the whirlwind, and said,

Who is this that darkeneth counsel by words without knowledge?

Gird up now thy loins like a man; for I will demand of thee, and answer thou me.

Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding.

Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof;

When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?
Job 38:13 That it might take hold of the ends of the earth, that the wicked might be shaken out of it?
Genesis 1:

And God said, Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry land appear: and it was so.

And God called the dry land Earth; and the gathering together of the waters called he Seas: and God saw that it was good.

And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so.

And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

And the evening and the morning were the third day.

And there are a further 60 references here from the bible ...
http://reflectionofmind.org/60-bible-verses-describing-flat-earth-inside-dome/

now I've been to mass and preachers all have this nasty habit of reading directly out of the Good Book. So how ignorant are you never to have come across any reference to a firmament or flat earth in Christian teachings?

Offline StinkyOne

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2017, 04:10:48 PM »

Sigh, no church teaches the Earth is flat.

https://answersingenesis.org/astronomy/earth/does-bible-teach-earth-flat/
-Terry50

Offline TomInAustin

• Round Duh
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2017, 04:17:23 PM »
There are no Christian churches that teach the Earth is flat and that we live under a dome.

Wrong
Do you have a citation for this sweeping generalisation?

Offline Roundy

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2017, 04:44:08 PM »

Shaky rationalizations from a poor believer who apparently refuses to accept that the book he derives his religious beliefs from preaches a cosmology modern science has made it difficult to accept. Many of the quotes Thork provided simply don't make sense with a spherical Earth. Clearly the Earth as depicted in the Bible is flat.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Offline Dr David Thork

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2017, 04:52:20 PM »

Yeah, we can play the "I can google a link to prove anything I like" game, but I just gave you direct quotes from the bible. You just responded with a blog from a talking head. If I'm to accept blogs as evidence then how many legs does a spider have?

I'm going to say 6.

Here's a picture of one.

Here's a guy talking about his 6 legged spider
http://arachnoboards.com/threads/identification-six-legged-spider.177491/

More about 6 legged spiders
http://www.nhm.ac.uk/natureplus/thread/7504?fromGateway=true
https://bugguide.net/node/view/920906/bgimage

Another one
http://msgboard.snopes.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=74;t=002140;p=1

A youtube video of one

Proof you don't need 8 legs for a spider
http://www.burkemuseum.org/blog/myth-eight-legs-always-means-spider

Fun fact ... male huntsman spiders do only have 6 legs ... sexual diamorphism.
https://www.whatsthatbug.com/2008/11/04/huntsman-spider-9/

So yes, using the internet I can find a contradictory source to anything you might suggest ... and feel free to challenge me. Think Donald Trump is President? I'll find links saying its not him. Think water is wet? I could bust that.

So stupid sources aside ... there are bible quotes saying there is a firmament and priests read straight from the book, so stop saying black is white.

Offline Roundy

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2017, 05:02:54 PM »
That posting was ridiculous lol. When someone needs to take five paragraphs to demonstrate that a single statement doesn't actually say what it clearly says... Wow. There are no other words.

Offline StinkyOne

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2017, 05:03:42 PM »

Yeah, we can play the "I can google a link to prove anything I like" game, but I just gave you direct quotes from the bible. You just responded with a blog from a talking head. If I'm to accept blogs as evidence then how many legs does a spider have?

I'm going to say 6.

Here's a picture of one.

Here's a guy talking about his 6 legged spider
http://arachnoboards.com/threads/identification-six-legged-spider.177491/

More about 6 legged spiders
http://www.nhm.ac.uk/natureplus/thread/7504?fromGateway=true
https://bugguide.net/node/view/920906/bgimage

Another one
http://msgboard.snopes.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=74;t=002140;p=1

A youtube video of one

Proof you don't need 8 legs for a spider
http://www.burkemuseum.org/blog/myth-eight-legs-always-means-spider

Fun fact ... male huntsman spiders do only have 6 legs ... sexual diamorphism.
https://www.whatsthatbug.com/2008/11/04/huntsman-spider-9/

So yes, using the internet I can find a contradictory source to anything you might suggest ... and feel free to challenge me. Think Donald Trump is President? I'll find links saying its not him. Think water is wet? I could bust that.

So stupid sources aside ... there are bible quotes saying there is a firmament and priests read straight from the book, so stop saying black is white.

And I never said the bible doesn't use the word firmament. The firmament is interpreted to mean heavens or sky. Find me a major church that ACTIVELY teaches that the Earth is flat and covered by a dome and I'll acquiesce.
-Terry50

Offline Dr David Thork

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2017, 05:13:35 PM »
The Catholic church.
Source: The bible. Quotes already in this thread.

All major religions hold that the earth is flat. Here are some Islamic references.
http://wikiislam.net/wiki/Flat_Earth_and_the_Quran

Both the Quran and Bible are ACTIVELY taught to followers to this day.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2017, 05:15:17 PM by Baby Thork »

Offline StinkyOne

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2017, 05:47:44 PM »
The Catholic church.

All major religions hold that the earth is flat. Here are some Islamic references.

Bahahaha...the Catholic church?? Umm....no.
-Terry50

Offline Dr David Thork

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2017, 06:13:37 PM »
The Catholic church.

Bahahaha...the Catholic church?? Umm....no.
Well as this has descended into low content squealing from RErs, I'm going to abandon this thread. If you don't like the answers, why even bother to ask the questions?

« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2017, 06:48:47 PM »
The Catholic church.

There being quotes that can support it, is a far cry from 'actively being taught today' by the major religions. I've not met a priest or a father who teaches FE.

So again. Do you have actual evidence to support the claim "They all do. It is the very first thing you are told." Or are you simply referring to what the bible/holy books say, when the majority of the religions population (to my knowledge) don't subscribe to literal interpretations of the book(s) and NOT referring to what the religion actually teaches? Because last I checked the Earth has been round in Catholicism at least since before the days of Galileo.

Offline J-Man

• "Let's go Brandon ! I agree" >Your President<
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2017, 10:34:23 PM »

The word Raqia (firmament) is Hebrew and means expanse. Like a thin metal bowl hammered out to become your dinner ware. God doesn't explain with any detail exactly where the sun, moon and stars are located. We know they were made during creation with the Raqia separating the waters above and below while the Raqia is Heaven where God's throne is located. Take a left at the gate if you're allowed in, can't miss it. This website is a contradiction, it's satan's playground to deceive. Grab some armor and a sword, I slice and dice the demons, it's cool to kick em when their down, we got gifts they gave up.

When one looks at the stars it's pretty clear they either lay in liquid or just behind it. God's sun ain't getting put out by water, no no and the moon also appears to sport a thin water layer when viewing. Probably just behind the waters above.

What kind of person would devote endless hours posting scientific facts trying to correct the few retards who believe in the FE? I slay shitty little demons.