Offline AATW

• View Profile
Re: Doesn't the bible say the sun and moon are IN the firmament?
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2017, 10:47:42 PM »
"The Bible shows the way to go to heaven, not the way the heavens go." - Galileo Galilei

I don't believe that the Bible should be read scientifically. My understanding of the Bible is informed by science, just as my understanding of the word "sunrise" is. I've not been to a church which teaches flat earth theory, much less it been the "first thing they told me".
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline J-Man

• "Let's go Brandon ! I agree" >Your President<
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2017, 11:11:26 PM »
"The Bible shows the way to go to heaven, not the way the heavens go." - Galileo Galilei

I don't believe that the Bible should be read scientifically. My understanding of the Bible is informed by science, just as my understanding of the word "sunrise" is. I've not been to a church which teaches flat earth theory, much less it been the "first thing they told me".

Galileo was nothing more than satans tool. He was condemned by the catholic church for heresy, so please tell us what gives this joker any standing to make comment on the Word of God?

Who owns a telescope named lucifer? Maybe everyone is fooled and jokers? yeah think so.....

Best to find your own way, imo
What kind of person would devote endless hours posting scientific facts trying to correct the few retards who believe in the FE? I slay shitty little demons.

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2017, 08:58:52 AM »
Yes, Galileo was condemned by the Catholic church...who have since apologised and admitted he was right

https://www.newscientist.com/article/mg13618460.600-vatican-admits-galileo-was-right-/

Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"