Re: Just Watched
« Reply #2020 on: August 31, 2019, 05:08:59 AM »
dark phoenix

it was shitty.  one of the most emotionless movies i've seen in a long, long time.  i guess the set piece on the train was cool, but that's really the only good thing i can say about dark phoenix.

way to fuck that one up, fox.  0 out of 420 stars.
I have visited from prestigious research institutions of the highest caliber, to which only our administrator holds with confidence.

Offline rooster

• cock-a-doodle-doo, darlin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #2021 on: September 01, 2019, 08:25:03 AM »
Spider-Man: Far from Home was garbage.
I'm so excited to say that I agree with Snupes on an MCU movie for once. I didn't see the first Tom Holland Spiderman movie because I dislike Spiderman, but I saw the second because I visited my mom and she wanted to see it. Anyway, it was 100% dull and lifeless. The "twist" was so predictable and boring I felt bad for Gyllenhaal. Worst MCU movie I've seen in awhile.

Offline Snupes

• Planar Moderator
  • I summon my love back to me
    • View Profile
« Reply #2022 on: September 02, 2019, 11:20:05 AM »
I was starting to wonder if I was insane. Thank you, lol
Quote from: garygreen date=1480782226
i also took an online quiz that said i was a giraffe.  and i guess you're dumb enough to believe that i must be because the internet said so.

Offline Snupes

• Planar Moderator
  • I summon my love back to me
    • View Profile
« Reply #2023 on: September 04, 2019, 03:19:48 AM »
Started trying to check out some anime to find some that aren't garbage. I watched the first few episodes of The Promised Neverland, Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash, and Mononoke.

The Promised Neverland had some of the worst dialogue and exposition I've ever seen in anime, which is a shame since the core conceit/twist is interesting enough. I just cannot stand shows that treat me like a child that needs everything spoon-fed to them. So I'm probably done with that one.

Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash actually has pretty good writing, a neat world, and wonderful animation so far. That said...the women. Dear god. I hope it gets better, but it feels like it's written by a horny 13-year old. I haven't cringed so much watching an anime in a long time. Like, it's really, really bad. I may try to finish it, but we'll see.

Then Mononoke. This show is absolutely wonderful so far. It's an anthology sort of series, each story being about two episodes long (sometimes three if it needs more time), but the show is so lean and well-made that nothing is ever overlong. It's basically focused around Japanese folklore and mononoke (similar to youkai, but mononoke are spirits that tend to be more malevolent) and the Medicine Man, a mysterious medicine peddler who goes around trying to seal these creatures. To do so, he has to discover their "form" (what shape they take, what are they), "truth" (what is their purpose, what are they here for), and "reason" (what do they want), all of which unfold very naturally throughout the episode. The art style is gorgeous but definitely would put off some people.

I'm gonna keep digging because I know there are good anime out there, despite my experience to the contrary.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2019, 03:21:32 AM by Snupes »
Quote from: garygreen date=1480782226
i also took an online quiz that said i was a giraffe.  and i guess you're dumb enough to believe that i must be because the internet said so.

Online J-Man

• View Profile
« Reply #2024 on: September 16, 2019, 10:40:03 PM »
Peanut Butter Falcon

Entertaining movie, reminded me of many round earthers here.
What kind of person would devote endless hours posting scientific facts trying to correct the few retards who believe in the FE? I slay shitty little demons.