Offline Crudblud

• A Most Respectable Gentleman
    • View Profile
Re: Now Playing (the Video Game Version)
« Reply #860 on: June 24, 2018, 01:36:11 PM »
my roommate bought some mario tennis game for the switch. it's dope af imo imo imho tbqh.
Yeah Tennis Aces looks really fun. I like the gimmicks and special moves.

« Reply #861 on: June 25, 2018, 07:16:57 PM »
my roommate bought some mario tennis game for the switch. it's dope af imo imo imho tbqh.
Yeah Tennis Aces looks really fun. I like the gimmicks and special moves.

lol so i like it less after having played it online a little.  i mean ffs i couldn't even get into a rally.  apparently i am terrible.
shitposting leftists are never alone

Offline rooster

• cock-a-doodle-doo, darlin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: July 11, 2018, 04:50:59 PM »
I bought a PS4 and have been playing a ton of Monster Hunter: World

Fun game. I was worried I wouldn't be able to get into it, especially knowing it's an online game. But I've been playing solo which works fine and have gotten increasingly more addicted as it goes along.

Offline Crudblud

• A Most Respectable Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: August 19, 2018, 10:37:42 PM »
Been playing Witcher 3, I'm not having much fun with it yet. The combat is taking some getting used to, I can't quite put my finger on what it is that's bothering me exactly, it just feels "floaty". And the story, setting etc. are not drawing me in. The setting seems to be the same bland Mediaeval fantasy I've seen a few hundred times already. I don't have any history with these characters, and while the writing does a good enough job of establishing relationships and so forth, I don't find them particularly compelling. I understand that one of the big draws of the game is the sheer amount of content packed into it, and I'm definitely not giving up on it already, but so far... ehhhhh...

Also what the fuck is up with people saying the same thing every time you go past them? If I hear the recording of the kid singing about Emhyr pissing himself one more time...! On the plus side, it's nice to look at and it runs very smoothly, for an open-world-ish game it's quite refreshing in my experience to see time and care put into optimisation. Oh, also the sudden outbursts of extreme violence in some of the cutscenes is hilariously slapstick-y, which is a definite plus.

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: August 24, 2018, 03:21:37 AM »
Kingdom Come: Deliverance

This game is racist because it has no black people. 0/10

https://www.nexusmods.com/kingdomcomedeliverance/mods/134

Much better.
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: August 30, 2018, 02:49:27 PM »
Beat Saber looked a little okay and I wasn't sure it was worth the $20 price tag, but it's actually a blast and definitely difficult once you put it on hard or expert. It didn't look like very much fun watching someone else play, but once you get going and start slicing the little cubes to the beat of the song, it's worth every penny.

Offline junker

• Planar Moderator
  • Boom
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: August 30, 2018, 02:57:10 PM »
Beat Saber looked a little okay and I wasn't sure it was worth the $20 price tag, but it's actually a blast and definitely difficult once you put it on hard or expert. It didn't look like very much fun watching someone else play, but once you get going and start slicing the little cubes to the beat of the song, it's worth every penny.

Get a nice shoulder workout and practice to be a jedi? Yes please.
Please make sure to check out these resources to ensure that your time at tfes.org is enjoyable and productive.

1. The Rules

2. The FAQ

3. The Wiki

You're doing God's work, junker.

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: September 28, 2018, 04:14:08 AM »
Mass Effect 3

We'll skip to the most obvious point first - yes, the ending sucks. It could be worse, of course. I looked up the original ending, and couldn't help but laugh at how nonsensical and bleak it was. Did BioWare even think through the implications of all the mass relays being destroyed? It's emphasized again and again in the games just how important they are to intergalactic travel. Destroying them dooms millions of sapient beings to die of starvation, and billions more to live the rest of their lives essentially stranded from their homes. And ending with the Normandy having crash-landed on some random-ass planet...did they think that was a deep or profound closing shot of the series? It's just as well that I wasn't there when this game first came out. If I had experienced this piping-hot, fresh-from-the-asshole ratshit first-hand, it would have taken me years to recover from how butthurt I was.

Naturally, the extended ending that they patched the game with after a few months is a major improvement. I don't even really have a problem with the ending cutscene itself. Hey, the relays are damaged, but we can fix them. Everybody's cooperating now, we'll help those who need to find their homes, we'll rebuild our galactic civilization, the crew of the Normandy are mourning Shepard, etc. It doesn't quite fix how weird and unsatisfying the scene before the conclusion is. The ultimate purpose of the Reapers being to resolve conflict between organic and synthetic life doesn't ring true to me, and the controlling intelligence of the Reapers taking the form of a spectral godchild is really, really annoying. It feels like bad philosophical musings, like it was written by a guy who failed philosophy in college. Why couldn't there just be a neutral VI explaining your options?

Unfortunately, the ending is largely representative of the game itself. To put it bluntly, it's a rush job, and we can no doubt thank EA for putting the whips to BioWare so they could shit this out as quickly as possible. Almost all of the optional content that the previous two games included was omitted. There's no more planetary exploration, very few side quests (the majority of which are just scanning a planet to fetch something, or picking up a random item along the way during a story mission), and precious little time given to character development and relationship-building. Characters in the previous games that would give you an elaborate dialogue tree when spoken to now mostly speak in one-liners, or very brief "conversations" where you exchange one or two lines. The Citadel is fucking tiny, too. This franchise was always at its best when it slowed down and showed off more of the way this universe worked and let you get to know the characters you were working with in episodic interludes. Focusing on the apocalyptic main plot like this just isn't playing to its strengths, although it probably was inevitable for the final game in the series.

The main story does have a few bright spots in it. I like the idea of uniting as much of the galaxy as you can, the resolution of issues like the krogan genophage and the quarian-geth struggle were a long time coming, and there were a handful of genuinely poignant moments with some of the returning characters. But the missions themselves, in gameplay terms, usually aren't very interesting. They're awfully long and padded, and there's nothing to break up the monotony of combat, combat, and more combat. Previous games would give you a respite during the mission in the form of you making an important moral choice or exploring a dialogue tree, but here you keep getting told to just sit tight in one area so the game can sling wave after wave of bullet-sponge enemies at you. The previous games did that occasionally, but there's no restraint here. It's too much of an emphasis on action. And the brutes are an obvious rip-off of the Hunters from Halo.

In short, this was a disappointment. It's not a disaster from start to finish, but it's nowhere near as good as the first two games, and makes for a very weak ending to the series.

Incidentally, while I avoided the multiplayer completely, I discovered that you can raise your galactic readiness through this dumb feature. It's better than winding up with the shitty ending, but tying the multiplayer to the game's ending like that was a ridiculous idea to begin with.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2018, 10:25:49 PM by honk »
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y