Offline crutonius

• Just a regular guy. No funny business here.
    • View Profile
Re: Star Citizen
« Reply #400 on: August 28, 2019, 10:14:28 PM »
It's amazing that this is still going on.  One would have thought that people would have wised up to this by now.

I don't think Chris Roberts is a scammer though.  I think this is what happens when you give a game designer unlimited resources and zero pressure from management to actually finish.

Offline Baby Thork

• I am Baby Thork. Hear me roar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: August 29, 2019, 12:52:42 AM »
I think it is for the people who may be casually following the game's (lack of) progress. Not everyone is blessed to follow the scam daily like we do in IRC.
This. I haven't sunk a small fortune into this because I'm not an idiot, so I'm just a casual observer.

I think this is what happens when you give a game designer unlimited resources and zero pressure from management to actually finish.
I think this is what happens when a game makes more money whilst it is in development, than it ever could when it is released.
Rate this post.      👍 6     👎 1

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: November 10, 2019, 06:15:41 AM »

« Reply #403 on: November 10, 2019, 10:51:14 AM »
Did they ever finish and/or commercially release this thing?

Offline Baby Thork

• I am Baby Thork. Hear me roar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: November 10, 2019, 12:02:43 PM »
Did they ever finish and/or commercially release this thing?

Is the Pope a Muslim?
Rate this post.      👍 6     👎 1

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (>^_^)> it's propaganda time (◕‿◕✿)
    • View Profile
    • The Flat Earth Society
« Reply #405 on: November 10, 2019, 01:36:27 PM »
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we've already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

*mic stays stationary and earth accelerates upwards towards it*

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: November 10, 2019, 04:37:01 PM »
Parsifal, Anastas and myself have played patch 3.7 about 40 hours the past few weeks. It's incredibly stable (relative to all previous patches) and has a lot of things to do, both officially in the game and also incredibly dumb things we made up ourselves. My personal favorite missions are the ones where Hurston Dynamics pays us to "evict" people from their property by killing them on sight.

I'd say the majority of the time we spend playing the game is spent annoying and/or killing each other in some way with brief pauses to do group missions.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2019, 08:35:21 PM by Rushy »

« Reply #407 on: November 11, 2019, 03:06:19 PM »
Do you have unlimited time to play the 3.7 patch btw? Or do they give you a certain amount of time to check it out?

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: November 11, 2019, 10:31:12 PM »
Do you have unlimited time to play the 3.7 patch btw? Or do they give you a certain amount of time to check it out?

They have free flies that are timed for people who haven't bought the game, usually 3 days or a week depending on when it happens. If you've bought the game, you can play as much as you want.