Recent Posts

Philosophy, Religion & Society / Re: Trump
« Last post by Lord Dave on February 18, 2024, 07:20:59 PM »
Grifter’s gotta grift

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-middle-east-68280754

That links to a video about how crowded Rafah is.
Science & Alternative Science / New Report on WTC 7
« Last post by Action80 on February 18, 2024, 05:52:41 PM »
Here is an interview with Dr. Leroy Hulsey, professor emeritus at the University of Alaska, Fairbanks. His report directly conflicts with the NIST Report on WTC 7 (which never released the data sets utilized to model their version of how the building collapsed).

Philosophy, Religion & Society / Re: President Joe Biden
« Last post by garygreen on February 18, 2024, 05:34:16 PM »
How about the border?

How about radical inflation?

those are policy positions you don't like, not examples of biden's supposed mental deficiencies. unless you're saying he forgot the border existed or something? idgi.

i'm not taking a position on biden's policies, it's cool if you hate them. not my point.
« Last post by Roundy on February 18, 2024, 05:13:28 PM »
compos mentis1
Ah. Thanks. I rarely see it written down so I took a punt!

Many of the things he's said, especially during his presidency when his publicity was at its highest, strongly suggested that his grasp on reality was tenuous at best. Are you sure that you're comparing the two fairly, rather than falling for the trap of hearing Biden say silly things more recently?

I largely agree that Trump has little grasp of reality but I think it’s in a different way to Biden. Trump doesn’t seem to know or care what is true, and I agree that’s not an ideal trait in a president. And I basically hate everything he says and stands for. But I think he’s basically mentally all there. He talks bollocks but does so because he’s an idiot and a narcissist. He’s not actually demented.

I strongly disagree. His grasp of reality was already tenuous while he was president, and he's only gotten more unhinged as time has gone on. Those little gaffes of Biden's that have everyone so worried about his mental state? Those moments where he seems to lose track of what's going on? Such moments exist for Trump as well, in spades.

I'm not sure either one of them is "all there". But all things being equal (which as far as their mental acuity goes they probably are, or very close to it anyway) I'll take benevolent over evil any fucking day and I think it's insane to think otherwise.
« Last post by Action80 on February 18, 2024, 03:55:56 PM »
you may be able to find some of instances in which i don't seem too bright.

has there been a policy breakdown somewhere? or any material consequence you can point to?

fwiw i don't give two shits about biden, i just think this whole line of thought is weird.
Well, this ^ post would be one of those instances.

Policy breakdown? How about the border?

How about radical inflation?

« Last post by garygreen on February 18, 2024, 02:28:44 PM »
We had 4 years of Trump before and although I tired of his nonsense the world didn’t fall apart.

is the world currently falling apart? how is biden any different in this respect?

Biden just isn’t well enough to be president. He’s not well enough physically or mentally.

i keep hearing this. based on what? a video of a guy with a stutter fumbling some words? a news report that someone said he forgot a thing? is there anything more substantive to this claim than just "i read thing that say joe dumb"? because i kinda feel like if literally every single moment of my life were being watched and recorded, you may be able to find some of instances in which i don't seem too bright.

has there been a policy breakdown somewhere? or any material consequence you can point to?

fwiw i don't give two shits about biden, i just think this whole line of thought is weird.
Philosophy, Religion & Society / Re: Trump
« Last post by AATW on February 18, 2024, 01:32:05 PM »
« Last post by AATW on February 18, 2024, 11:27:42 AM »
compos mentis1
Ah. Thanks. I rarely see it written down so I took a punt!

Many of the things he's said, especially during his presidency when his publicity was at its highest, strongly suggested that his grasp on reality was tenuous at best. Are you sure that you're comparing the two fairly, rather than falling for the trap of hearing Biden say silly things more recently?

I largely agree that Trump has little grasp of reality but I think it’s in a different way to Biden. Trump doesn’t seem to know or care what is true, and I agree that’s not an ideal trait in a president. And I basically hate everything he says and stands for. But I think he’s basically mentally all there. He talks bollocks but does so because he’s an idiot and a narcissist. He’s not actually demented. I think he’d get through to the end of the presidency without needing to go into a care home. We had 4 years of Trump before and although I tired of his nonsense the world didn’t fall apart.
Biden just isn’t well enough to be president. He’s not well enough physically or mentally.

They’re both terrible options and it’s quite the dilemma for the US population. Obviously the Trump cult will vote for him whatever happens. That’s not enough to win an election though and I thought after Trump’s behaviour there’s no way they’d elect him again. But with the state of Biden’s health I don’t see how they can give him a second term.
« Last post by BillO on February 17, 2024, 11:16:47 PM »
I'd honestly hate to have to choose between the two, but if push came to shove I'd have to go with Mr. Biden.

Trump is just full of himself, and where there's a little room it's all just shlt.  If he goes off script (which is frequently) he just strings un-related words together.  He can't even get his political opponents right.

Plus, Biden just seems less outwardly criminal.

The pick'ns be slim.

Not that there is much to toot about in Canada either.
« Last post by Pete Svarrior on February 17, 2024, 10:43:03 PM »
I was talking to a mate about this yesterday and we both agreed we’d both probably vote for Trump if we were in the US. I can’t stand him, but he is at least compus mentus.
This really surprises me. I'm no fan of Jo Biden, but to say that Trump is compos mentis1 seems off. Many of the things he's said, especially during his presidency when his publicity was at its highest, strongly suggested that his grasp on reality was tenuous at best. Are you sure that you're comparing the two fairly, rather than falling for the trap of hearing Biden say silly things more recently?

1 - yeah, yeah, I'm just correcting your spelling here. Gimme a break.