Offline Ratboy

• View Profile
Coal in Antarctica
« on: January 08, 2018, 03:38:31 PM »
How do we account for the presence of coal beds of marginally economical quantities in Antarctica?  What parts of what we hear of do we believe and what do we not?
Is the Australian coal industry that looked into mining coal in Antarctica mistaken or part of a conspiracy to promote the notion of a Round Earth?  When they did the geological survey did they not notice a huge wall of ice or that Antartica is something like 70,000 miles around not a small continent?
I am angry if the New South Wales Department of Mineral Resources is actually a sham.

JohnAdams1145

Re: Coal in Antarctica
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2018, 06:34:44 AM »
Some FE theorists posit that nobody has ever made it to the true Antarctica; they have just gotten lost and landed on some icy places. Of course, all of these geology surveys could be faked; asserting this wouldn't be the most outlandish thing FE theorists have said. Therefore I don't think this is proof in addition to the other debates currently going on.

Offline Ratboy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2018, 03:34:36 PM »
I think it relevant in the train of thought that if you only look at a small piece of England as the world and build a theory to fit that, to hell with the rest of the people on the globe and in particular those living in the Southern Hemisphere. 
There is no Antarctica because it is so far away people would just get lost trying to find it anyway.  The outer ring of the disk can be huge and we can ignore that the sun would have to light half of it all the time (how can it do that and light half of the north all the time at the same time if the disk gets huge in the south?).
Because they are not in the US or England, the New South Wales Department of Mineral Resources are either a bunch of con artists or dupes who will invest large sums of money to consider mining coal on a non-existent continent. They thought they saw large seams of coal on a continent but it was just some island somewhere and there was probably a Club Med on the other side of the island if they would have gone all the way around it.
People who work in fields other than the one I work in (sales clerk at the chemists) are probably part of a big coverup.
My point is that this coverup includes almost everything we do.  Why would Donald Trump buy MAGA hats from China if he has to pay for jet fuel used to fly around in circles to make up for the time it would take to fly to simulate a round earth distance?  Jets burn up incredible amounts of fuel and flying in circles increases the cost of goods.  Maps of places I have not been to are wrong.  Light bends one way making things we see unreliable and shadows bend the opposite way.  I can only rely on the map from my house to the chemist's. 
If Antarctica is just a wall of ice circling a disk, everyone who says otherwise (like that guy I know that went there and has a picture of a shack and there was an open bag of frozen crisps in the shack and he ate them and said they were good) is part of the hoax or is just stupid.  Morgan Freeman (narrated March of the Penguins) has to be as well.
We can run around in circles arguing about the things we have been or we start stacking up more evidence in other realms that are hard to address if the earth is flat. 
That is why I brought up a new topic.

Offline ShowmetheProof

• We are fellow scientists, and should act as such.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2018, 06:47:28 PM »
I like how this has led to Trump buying a hat from China.

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2018, 07:31:19 PM »
I like how this has led to Trump buying a hat from China.

Last warning for low-content posting in the upper fora. Next one is a 3-day ban.