Offline stevep

• View Profile
Who would benefit?
« on: October 30, 2017, 02:37:21 AM »
Hello FES, I've been trying to research this topic and though I am understanding how currently there would be organizations who would benefit from perpetuating a spherical earth, who and why would anyone suggest let alone let themselves be killed for the idea that the earth is a sphere rather than the truth of it being flat? Certainly no one was being compensated in anyway four hundred years ago was there? Thank you for helping me understand who would benefit from this idea pre NASA and even pre America.

Offline Boots

• ---- Cogito, ergo sum. ---- -Descartes
    • View Profile
Re: Who would benefit?
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2017, 02:47:16 AM »
It's my understanding that "they" are making a lot of money by us not knowing. There's probably more to it but that's the most complete explanation so far - that I know of.
“There are some ideas so absurd that only an intellectual could believe them.” - George Orwell

Offline V@sily

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2017, 02:24:03 PM »
Maybe theres another explanation and its related to religion which most of you wont discuss it bcz you consider it mythical and not related to science, in which after couple of years and when you discover newer things, these same things youl find it in the bible and quran,  but as usual no one of u guys turns his attention to it... alas.

Offline TomInAustin

• Round Duh
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2017, 03:39:36 PM »
Maybe theres another explanation and its related to religion which most of you wont discuss it bcz you consider it mythical and not related to science, in which after couple of years and when you discover newer things, these same things youl find it in the bible and quran,  but as usual no one of u guys turns his attention to it... alas.

So you are saying we should all refer to one myth to prove another?   Use a 2000(ish) year old book to prove a 150-year-old book?  Is that about right?
Do you have a citation for this sweeping generalisation?

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2017, 04:17:50 PM »
The conspiracy benefits by embezzling their funding - money that's supposed to be spent on exploring space, but instead ends up in their pockets. They aren't deliberately setting out to deceive anyone about the shape of the earth. They portray the earth as round in their supposed photographs and models simply because that's what they expect it to be.
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

Offline Jura-Glenlivet

• Life is meaningless & everything dies.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2017, 04:46:19 PM »

They aren't deliberately setting out to deceive anyone about the shape of the earth. They portray the earth as round in their supposed photographs and models simply because that's what they expect it to be.

Hold on!

If they “portray the earth as round in their supposed photographs” how are they not “deliberately setting out to deceive anyone about the shape of the earth”?

As if the Earth is flat the photos must be fakes.
Just to be clear, you are all terrific, but everything you say is exactly what a moron would say.

Offline StinkyOne

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2017, 04:56:54 PM »
The conspiracy benefits by embezzling their funding - money that's supposed to be spent on exploring space, but instead ends up in their pockets. They aren't deliberately setting out to deceive anyone about the shape of the earth. They portray the earth as round in their supposed photographs and models simply because that's what they expect it to be.

If only NASA was a public entity with a detailed budget which was audited by an independent auditor. Then we could get to the bottom of their trickery.

I'll bet all the space agencies that followed were very surprised when their craft reached space only to discover that they were falling right back to Earth. And all those lives lost as these rockets crashed into populated areas.

And then there's DirecTV and Sirius radio. I'll bet they were also shocked when their silly satellites had nothing to orbit. I still remember the day that DTV satellite crashed into Baghdad. Sure, the military claimed it was a JDAM, but we all knew it was actually a satellite crashing to the ground. It's a good thing DTV kept quiet about the actual shape of the Earth so those NASA goons could keep embezzling billions of dollars.
I saw a video where a pilot was flying above the sun.
-Terry50

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2017, 06:30:51 PM »
Hold on!

If they “portray the earth as round in their supposed photographs” how are they not “deliberately setting out to deceive anyone about the shape of the earth”?

The deception is centered around faking space exploration, not the shape of the earth. Imagine if it was the 1950s, and somebody asked you to design a fake photograph of the earth. You wouldn't stop to seriously weigh your options on what shape you should make the earth look like, would you? No, you'd just design it as round. As RE'ers are so fond of reminding us, mankind has "known" that the earth is round for thousands of years. It wasn't a big mystery leading up to the space race.
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

Offline StinkyOne

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2017, 06:44:36 PM »
Hold on!

The deception is centered around faking space exploration, not the shape of the earth. Imagine if it was the 1950s, and somebody asked you to design a fake photograph of the earth. You wouldn't stop to seriously weigh your options on what shape you should make the earth look like, would you? No, you'd just design it as round. As RE'ers are so fond of reminding us, mankind has "known" that the earth is round for thousands of years. It wasn't a big mystery leading up to the space race.

Even if they did that, it doesn't explain how private companies are able to operate in space and, shocker, it is just like those "faked" images from NASA.
-Terry50

Offline Jura-Glenlivet

• Life is meaningless & everything dies.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2017, 08:22:50 PM »
Hold on!

Oh I see, so they are practicing to deceive, it's just that they to have been lied to, and only the top people and Gargantua-brain free thinkers such as you are privy to the knowledge. You must feel very special.
Just to be clear, you are all terrific, but everything you say is exactly what a moron would say.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2017, 05:57:44 AM »
Even if they did that, it doesn't explain how private companies are able to operate in space and, shocker, it is just like those "faked" images from NASA.

Those private companies are government contractors. NASA was originally supposed to be a "civilian" space agency, as opposed to a military space agency, to give it a happier face. NASA then proceed to bring in military defense contractors to do all of their work; people who were already well adept at following orders, holding government clearances, and keeping secrets. This is why the Lunar Lander was built by Grumman Aircraft and not by NASA. Grumman was one of the arms of NASA's civilian space agency (ironic since civilians do not build weapons for the military).

SpaceX, Lockheed Martin, Boeing, and other rocket designers are all government contractors, operating under government regulation, with facilities on government bases, under direct supervision of government managers. There is no implicit trust of transparency or independence. They have contracts with NASA and will do exactly as told to the letter.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 06:10:35 AM by Tom Bishop »

Offline Dither

• The night above the dingle starry,
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2017, 10:25:45 AM »
Maybe theres another explanation and its related to religion

Yes and thats been suggested plenty of times as well.

This would have to be one of the most asked questions we get on here. (Maybe twice a week)
I've thrown in my two cents on this so many times I must be up to a dollar by now.
I hate to think how much money the regulars have, including the RE's.

The real question is, Is it even possible to pull off something this big?
And the answer to that is, If you believe the earth is flat, then it has to be, doesn't it.

And yes I think the Devils involved somehow, and thinking that places me in the minority.  ::)

A lie will make it around the world before the truth has time to put on its shoes.

Offline StinkyOne

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2017, 12:11:10 PM »

Those private companies are government contractors. NASA was originally supposed to be a "civilian" space agency, as opposed to a military space agency, to give it a happier face. NASA then proceed to bring in military defense contractors to do all of their work; people who were already well adept at following orders, holding government clearances, and keeping secrets. This is why the Lunar Lander was built by Grumman Aircraft and not by NASA. Grumman was one of the arms of NASA's civilian space agency (ironic since civilians do not build weapons for the military).

SpaceX, Lockheed Martin, Boeing, and other rocket designers are all government contractors, operating under government regulation, with facilities on government bases, under direct supervision of government managers. There is no implicit trust of transparency or independence. They have contracts with NASA and will do exactly as told to the letter.

We've been over this before and you were soundly beaten. For the sake of boosting your argument, let's assume that every space launch is controlled by NASA, even launches from foreign countries. Nothing goes into space without NASA being a part of it. Sound good? Ok, the problem you now have is that the folks launching those satellites expect them to actually work. Satellite phones (Iridium), DirecTV, Sirius, and a many other private companies rely on satellites for their equipment to work. They are not govt contractors. Your assertions don't hold water. Never have, never will.
-Terry50

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2017, 02:42:25 PM »
We've been over this before and you were soundly beaten. For the sake of boosting your argument, let's assume that every space launch is controlled by NASA, even launches from foreign countries. Nothing goes into space without NASA being a part of it. Sound good? Ok, the problem you now have is that the folks launching those satellites expect them to actually work. Satellite phones (Iridium), DirecTV, Sirius, and a many other private companies rely on satellites for their equipment to work. They are not govt contractors. Your assertions don't hold water. Never have, never will.

Pointing a dish at an area of the sky does not tell one what kind of technology is providing that signal.

« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2017, 03:34:37 PM »

Pointing a dish at an area of the sky does not tell one what kind of technology is providing that signal.
It does if you have knowledge of the subject.  Please tell us, with references, how you believe GPS and satellite communication works.

Why do you not try to determine the location of a transmitter for satellite broadcasting, it is not difficult?
« Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 04:47:32 PM by inquisitive »

Offline mtnman

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2017, 05:17:39 PM »

No, but it does tell you that some technology is up there. And you can't explain geosynchronous satellites in a FE belief system.

I've seen plenty of comments from the FE faithful that satellites don't even exist. I was thinking of this on a road trip this past weekend when I passed a cable TV office in a fairly rural area. They had four or five large satellite dishes pointed up in towards the sky. Do you believe that small town cable TV company is part of the conspiracy?

Offline StinkyOne

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2017, 06:13:36 PM »

LOL, DTV broadcasts their signal to sats which then relay that to their customers. If not, where are people getting the signal from??? This topic makes you look ridiculous and reveals just how fake FE theory really is.
-Terry50