Which Is Our Map?
« on: April 21, 2017, 08:03:24 AM »
Hi, chaps and chapettes!

I've been looking to buy a large poster of an accurate, political map of the world for a while now. I just think they make cool decorations, plus it's a bit of a hobby of mine to learn capital cities.

All the modern versions are, of course, drawn up by the RE conspirators that run the decent print companies. I'm looking for a map as up-to-date as showing Sudan and South Sudan as separate countries, but all the real flat Earth maps available in poster size are cute antique-looking mockeries with dragons in the Indian Ocean.

This did get me thinking, though, that we don't seem to agree about how our map should look. The Globalists are, to grudgingly give them their due, consistent in their representation of the Earth (which only stands to reason - it's easy to get a few billion sheep to agree upon a lie, whereas the truth invites dispute). And the other thing... and I'm just playing devil's advocate here... it seems to...

well...

it works.

It's a well constructed lie. It models things like the times of sunsets and the position of the stars at least as well as our model. On the other hand, we don't even have an agreed-upon arrangement of the major landmasses. And the representations we do have tend to be, gratingly, photoshopped RE maps. I don't mean to criticise, I'm not saying that cartography is an easy discipline. I'm just a bit shaken by these thoughts.

Could someone please offer up their opinion on which is the most accurate world map we've got so far? (Even better if you can point me in the direction of where I might be able to buy a poster!)

Many thanks, friends

totallackey

Re: Which Is Our Map?
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2017, 02:32:25 PM »
Hi, chaps and chapettes!

I've been looking to buy a large poster of an accurate, political map of the world for a while now. I just think they make cool decorations, plus it's a bit of a hobby of mine to learn capital cities.

All the modern versions are, of course, drawn up by the RE conspirators that run the decent print companies. I'm looking for a map as up-to-date as showing Sudan and South Sudan as separate countries, but all the real flat Earth maps available in poster size are cute antique-looking mockeries with dragons in the Indian Ocean.

This did get me thinking, though, that we don't seem to agree about how our map should look. The Globalists are, to grudgingly give them their due, consistent in their representation of the Earth (which only stands to reason - it's easy to get a few billion sheep to agree upon a lie, whereas the truth invites dispute). And the other thing... and I'm just playing devil's advocate here... it seems to...

well...

it works.

It's a well constructed lie. It models things like the times of sunsets and the position of the stars at least as well as our model. On the other hand, we don't even have an agreed-upon arrangement of the major landmasses. And the representations we do have tend to be, gratingly, photoshopped RE maps. I don't mean to criticise, I'm not saying that cartography is an easy discipline. I'm just a bit shaken by these thoughts.

Could someone please offer up their opinion on which is the most accurate world map we've got so far? (Even better if you can point me in the direction of where I might be able to buy a poster!)

Many thanks, friends
How can you possibly know that any representation of a world map is accurate?

You can be of the opinion it is accurate as presented by those people occupying positions of authority, but that is all.

Offline Jura-Glenlivet

• Life is meaningless & everything dies.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2017, 03:10:40 PM »

So speaks a person who has never travelled far.

For those of us that have, (road trip from the midlands to the south of Spain, Grand tour of Norway and Sweden, for instance, pre-google earth), maps work, things are where they say they are.
Just to be clear, you are all terrific, but everything you say is exactly what a moron would say.

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2017, 05:20:08 PM »
Hi, chaps and chapettes!

well...

it works.

Many thanks, friends
How can you possibly know that any representation of a world map is accurate?

You can be of the opinion it is accurate as presented by those people occupying positions of authority, but that is all.

You could refer to http://flightaware.com/ which has current records of hundreds of thousands of recent commercial flights taken between all major airports connected by nonstop flights and then compare the distances and recorded flight times to what would be expected on a globe to find that the globe representation is accurate. And furthermore, you would quickly discover that no flat earth map is even remotely consistently accurate. See the discussion starting with this post: http://forum.tfes.org/index.php?topic=5888.msg113568#msg113568