Elusive Rabbit

/r/flatearthsociety - Moderation
« on: January 24, 2017, 02:19:10 PM »
I'm interested in undertaking a role as a Moderator for /r/flatearthsociety.

I've been using reddit regularly for around four years, though I've only made the account /u/Elusive_Rabbit recently. That being said, I've kept my eye on /r/flatearthsociety for a while, especially when it exploded, and have noticed its decline.

So, as a long-time reddit user, flat earth believer, and concerned individual, I'd like to be a subreddit Moderator. Would this be possible? Which users should I be getting into contact with about this? I'm assuming SexWarrior is one of the main guys I should talk to.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 02:39:41 PM by Elusive Rabbit »

Offline junker

• Planar Moderator
  • Boom
    • View Profile
Re: /r/flatearthsociety - Moderation
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2017, 03:10:54 PM »
I'm assuming SexWarrior is one of the main guys I should talk to.

You would be assuming correctly. Franklin is also a mod. There is a 3rd, but I don't know who it is.
Please make sure to check out these resources to ensure that your time at tfes.org is enjoyable and productive.

1. The Rules

2. The FAQ

3. The Wiki

You're doing God's work, junker.

Elusive Rabbit

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2017, 04:32:54 PM »
You would be assuming correctly. Franklin is also a mod. There is a 3rd, but I don't know who it is.

Great. I'll shoot the two of them a message. Thanks.

İntikam

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2017, 01:54:09 PM »
Quote from: Elusive Rabbit
I'm an atheist.

Some others aren't, some others are. It doesn't matter too much, unless you're a Bible-thumping, literal-minded fundamentalist who calls upon the poetic allegories and vast metaphors of the Old Testament as scriptural "proof" of the flat earth. In that case, you're just a moron.

link

Offline Jura-Glenlivet

• Life is meaningless & everything dies.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2017, 02:05:28 PM »

Well you upset Inti' so you get my vote.
Just to be clear, you are all terrific, but everything you say is exactly what a moron would say.

No one infers a god from the simple, from the known, from what is understood, but from the complex, the unknown, and the incomprehensible. Our ignorance is God; what we know is science. Robert Green Ingersoll

Elusive Rabbit

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2017, 02:44:55 PM »
I'm not sure what Inti's post/link has to do with this thread.

So, I denounced fundamentalist, literal interpretations of ancient texts in favor of employing logic, rationality, and zeteticism, topped off with a healthy dose of science. That's how flat earth models should be constructed, the evidences gathered, the theories built upon. 

İntikam

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2017, 01:30:28 PM »

What is your problem with me? Do you have any expectation from me? You can say it clearly. Already everyone sees. :)

Offline junker

• Planar Moderator
  • Boom
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2017, 02:05:25 PM »

What is your problem with me? Do you have any expectation from me? You can say it clearly. Already everyone sees. :)

S&C is not the place for this discussion. Locking this thread.
Please make sure to check out these resources to ensure that your time at tfes.org is enjoyable and productive.

1. The Rules

2. The FAQ

3. The Wiki

You're doing God's work, junker.