Offline AATW

• View Profile
Re: Trump
« Reply #5520 on: May 29, 2020, 02:51:11 PM »
Bosses always fire people who don't do what they are told to do.

That is the way of the world and has been for millenia.
It's the way for bad bosses, maybe. A decent boss will be listening to dissenting voices, not surrounding themselves with only people who agree with them and refusing to listen to anyone who disagrees.
Not saying that Trump is the only person history to do this, but it's not a desirable trait.
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5521 on: May 29, 2020, 04:38:17 PM »
Bosses always fire people who don't do what they are told to do.

That is the way of the world and has been for millenia.
It's the way for bad bosses, maybe. A decent boss will be listening to dissenting voices, not surrounding themselves with only people who agree with them and refusing to listen to anyone who disagrees.
Not saying that Trump is the only person history to do this, but it's not a desirable trait.

Also lets not forget: some bosses ask for unethical or illegal things.  Refusing those should not be punishable yet Trump often does punish people who do so.  Remember how his first AG reclused himself from the russian investigation?  Trump fired him because of it.  That is a terrible boss.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #5523 on: May 30, 2020, 04:09:48 PM »
In other news, we now know that Flynn absolutely lied about the discussions he had with the Russian ambassador:

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/05/29/trump-flynn-russia-ambassador-289905

For all the talk of Obama sabotaging the incoming Trump administration, this looks closer to Trump (through Flynn) sabotaging the outgoing Obama administration by undercutting official diplomatic relations and carrying on their own unofficial negotiations with the Russians - in which they clearly communicated that they didn't give a shit about the electoral interference that Russia had been sanctioned for in the first place. It may not have been necessarily illegal, but it's fucked up all the same.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2022, 04:12:19 AM by honk »
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5524 on: May 31, 2020, 03:29:59 AM »
https://mobile.twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1266796670609588225?s=20
(Read his latest tweets too)

America is not fine.  Trump is attacking Democratic politicians and basically claiming its all organized riots.  This is not going to end well.  I'm moving the civil war 2 clock to 11.

totallackey

« Reply #5525 on: June 01, 2020, 02:11:15 PM »
In other news, we now know that Flynn absolutely lied about the discussions he had with the Russian ambassador:

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/05/29/trump-flynn-russia-ambassador-289905

For all the talk of Obama sabotaging the incoming Trump administration, this looks closer to Trump (through Flynn) sabotaging the outgoing Obama administration by undercutting official diplomatic relations and carrying on their own unofficial negotiations with the Russians - in which they clearly communicated that they didn't give a shit about the electoral interference that Russia had been sanctioned for in the first place. It may not have been necessarily illegal, but it's fucked-up all the same.
LOL!!!

What's fucked up?

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #5526 on: June 01, 2020, 08:03:46 PM »
I have to say, with Trump's campaign actively attempting to court African -American voters, it's awful nice of Trump himself to so forcefully remind said African-Americans of how much of a racist piece of shit he is, and why they shouldn't vote for him. Thanks, Donald!
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5527 on: June 02, 2020, 03:53:25 AM »
Plus, he is so far from GOP ideals of weak federal government.  Like, as a Republican, how do you support the Feds literally comming into your state with the US military and occupying?

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #5528 on: June 02, 2020, 09:07:02 AM »
Police clear peaceful protestors with tear gas, etc., so that Trump can have a photo call at a church, holding a bible, and looking glum.

Not even a courtesy call in advance to tell them they were going to do this.

https://imgur.com/gallery/Ux6gbYi
=============================
Not Flat. Happy to prove this, if you ask me.

Nearly all flat earthers agree the earth is not a globe.

Nearly?

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #5529 on: June 02, 2020, 10:40:21 AM »
Trump does seem to have a knack for finding the wrongest possible response to every situation

https://newsthump.com/2020/06/02/donald-trump-vows-to-end-riots-over-killing-of-unarmed-black-man-by-having-military-to-shoot-at-unarmed-black-men/

(A spoof article, obviously, but not a million miles away from the rhetoric coming out of the White House right now)
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5530 on: June 02, 2020, 10:44:32 AM »
Trump does seem to have a knack for finding the wrongest possible response to every situation

https://newsthump.com/2020/06/02/donald-trump-vows-to-end-riots-over-killing-of-unarmed-black-man-by-having-military-to-shoot-at-unarmed-black-men/

(A spoof article, obviously, but not a million miles away from the rhetoric coming out of the White House right now)

More like realistic possibility...

Offline Roundy

• View Profile
« Reply #5531 on: June 02, 2020, 01:24:09 PM »
https://www.politico.com/news/2020/06/01/twitter-gaetz-antifa-violence-295116

It's nice to know that Twitter isn't giving carte blanche to politicians advocating for the murder of American citizens anymore. Gaetz's utterly disgusting tweet only underscored the need for them to change their policy.

Also,

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/06/01/tucker-carlson-trump-protest-295628

Searing. I commented that you know what the president is doing is bad when Fox News has something to say about it. When the somebody at Fox News is a staunch lickspittle like Tucker Carlson, that conclusion is only more pronounced.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2020, 01:30:09 PM by Roundy »
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Offline Snupes

• Planar Moderator
  • Counting wolves in your paranoiac intervals
    • View Profile
« Reply #5532 on: June 02, 2020, 07:39:13 PM »
Police clear peaceful protestors with tear gas, etc., so that Trump can have a photo call at a church, holding a bible, and looking glum.

This is such a bizarre photo and even more bizarre response. Like, I find religion weird enough as is but I legitimately cannot wrap my head around the thought process of "there are riots, I said to shoot people, let's...go stand in front of a church, frown, and hold up a book?" It's a scene I can only imagine taking place in a far-out satire. But it's real.

Also,

Searing. I commented that you know what the president is doing is bad when Fox News has something to say about it. When the somebody at Fox News is a staunch lickspittle like Tucker Carlson, that conclusion is only more pronounced.

Wow. That's the first time I've seen Tucker Carlson have a spine. I'm genuinely impressed. He must have had to dig deep into the vile, insipid pool of muck where his heart should be to pull that out. I'm proud, though.
There are cigarettes in joints. You don't smoke it by itself.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5533 on: June 02, 2020, 07:52:26 PM »
Police clear peaceful protestors
Considering the state of the church after the "peaceful" protesters were forced out, they might not have been so peaceful after all.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #5534 on: June 02, 2020, 08:10:37 PM »
It's always funny to see Trump pretend to give a shit about God or religion. I don't personally hold it against him because I don't care about it either, but I can't imagine the level of contortion needed for Christians to convince themselves that he's one of them. He's never been a regular churchgoer. He's spent his whole life chasing money and women. I find it especially amusing that he's prominently guilty of every one of the seven deadly sins, which I don't think you could have said for any other president for at least the last hundred years. Trump is openly amoral and materialistic in a way that very few public figures are, and it's part of what his fans love about him.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2020, 11:26:12 PM by honk »
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5535 on: June 02, 2020, 08:45:21 PM »
Also,

Wow. That's the first time I've seen Tucker Carlson have a spine. I'm genuinely impressed. He must have had to dig deep into the vile, insipid pool of muck where his heart should be to pull that out. I'm proud, though.

Yeah, he didn't. Someone pointed it out that this isn't Tucker condemning the president's actions, it's him condeming his INaction.  IE: Trump hasn't done enough.  He should be harsher.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5536 on: June 02, 2020, 08:57:10 PM »
It's always funny to see Trump pretend to give a shit about God or religion
By your own admission, you don't really understand Christians. Isn't it a bit of a tautology to then follow it up by stating you don't really understand Christians?
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #5537 on: June 02, 2020, 09:30:48 PM »
Considering the state of the church after the "peaceful" protesters were forced out, they might not have been so peaceful after all.

It's boarded up. Is that what you mean, or are you hinting at something else?
Not Flat. Happy to prove this, if you ask me.

Nearly all flat earthers agree the earth is not a globe.

Nearly?

Rama Set

« Reply #5538 on: June 02, 2020, 09:56:08 PM »

Was it the protesters who were cleared out that were responsible?  Or was it a previous nights or hours work?

I find this whole nationwide incident to be so chaotic and murky that it is difficult to make sound judgements on the information we are getting.  There are police brutalizing peaceful protesters, rioters, looters, press and bystanders alike and pretty much every other permutation between those groups.  How the fuck can anyone, even people who are there, say with certainty who incited violence or who was responding to the threat of violence?

Anyway, here we are with Trump making a show of his forcefulness that will almost certainly only serve to widen the gulf between ideologies.  Never once has he called for any kind of reconcilation, or tried to prevail on cooler heads.  All he seems to know how to do is to throw gasoline on fires in the hopes that the wood will turn to ash quicker.  Then the portion of people who have a legitimate point to protest get drowned out by the elements that decide that looting and rioting are better than words.

The whole thing makes me sad and I don't even live there. 

Offline Roundy

• View Profile
« Reply #5539 on: June 02, 2020, 10:39:00 PM »
Also,

Yeah, he didn't. Someone pointed it out that this isn't Tucker condemning the president's actions, it's him condeming his INaction.  IE: Trump hasn't done enough.  He should be harsher.

I mean, I recognize he's not taking the opposition's side. Still, the message is that he's not even making at least some prominent conservatives happy with how he's handling things. He's just failing. Which, again, is to be expected from someone with no governmental experience when handling a legitimate crisis. Conservative or liberal.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2020, 10:41:26 PM by Roundy »