Question about ISS
« on: October 29, 2016, 11:23:33 AM »
I have read across several threads that it is wildly believed by FE's that the ISS itself is a complete hoax and sham. One of the main explanations that I have read for how we get video footage of astronauts in zero G is that it is either done in water or in a zero G plane. My question is how this video is possible.

Steven Swanson is clearly in zero G for an entire 50 mins of uncut footage, how is this explained?

geckothegeek

Re: Question about ISS
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2016, 04:29:57 PM »
Do you honestly take anything seriously from an FE'er ? Some of us think this is just another "spoof website."

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2016, 05:00:33 PM »
Do you honestly take anything seriously from an FE'er ? Some of us think this is just another "spoof website."

Some people are genuinely interested in discussion and perspectives other than their own. I understand that may be tough for you to grasp.

Please stop shitting up threads with worthless, unrelated conjecture. No one cares that you think it's a spoof website. You are discouraging people from engaging in conversation. If you don't want to discuss anything, then go away.

geckothegeek

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2016, 11:03:20 PM »
I have read across several threads that it is wildly believed by FE's that the ISS itself is a complete hoax and sham. One of the main explanations that I have read for how we get video footage of astronauts in zero G is that it is either done in water or in a zero G plane. My question is how this video is possible.

Steven Swanson is clearly in zero G for an entire 50 mins of uncut footage, how is this explained?

It's real. Typical FE denial.

geckothegeek

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2016, 11:17:30 PM »

Some people are genuinely interested in discussion and perspectives other than their own. I understand that may be tough for you to grasp.

Please stop shitting up threads with worthless, unrelated conjecture. No one cares that you think it's a spoof website. You are discouraging people from engaging in conversation. If you don't want to discuss anything, then go away.

Check out the Internet to see if any else thinks the FES is a spoof.
I have engaged in a lot of discussions though, but FE just denies the fact that the earth is a globe.
A lot of people are attracted to these websites for that reason.

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2016, 11:43:53 PM »

Check out the Internet to see if any else thinks the FES is a spoof.
I have engaged in a lot of discussions though, but FE just denies the fact that the earth is a globe.
A lot of people are attracted to these websites for that reason.

For once I agree with junker. Yes, we know you think this is a spoof website. You have said so hundreds of times. Yes, we know many other people think it is a spoof website. I really don't see the point of spamming that opinion though. It really kills any possibility of discussion. And of course they deny the earth is a globe. Isn't that the point of a flat earth website?

As for the original purpose of this thread...

I love that the ISS astronauts make these videos. 50 minutes of uncut zero-g footage would be quite an impressive feat to fake. It clearly isn't done underwater. It clearly isn't done on the vomit comet based on the length of the video and consistency of the zero-g. I can't imagine how it would be done with harnesses, based on the movement of clothing, other objects, hair, and general freedom of movement of the person.

geckothegeek

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2016, 11:47:56 PM »
I think these discussions just prove how easy it is to debunk flat earth. That has been going on for some time.
My apologies to any and all whom I may have offended.
But a lot of us "Round Earthers" have just had too much learning and experience to know that tbe earth is the globe that it is and we tend to look at flat earth from that viewpoint , as probably just like the rest of the world.
Keep up the website. Please continue to put forth your ideas of how things would be if the earth was flat. My prime example is a discussion about the horizon , for just one example. Cheers and best wishes.
I  put forth this idea some time ago. I think if this website was just for pesenting ideas about how things would be if the earth was flat rather than making any pretense of believing that the earth was flat, it would be just as interesting and a lot more enjoyable. Just my opinion  and there might be less arguing.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2016, 12:41:34 AM by geckothegeek »

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2016, 12:28:06 AM »
I think these discussions just prove how easy it is to debunk flat earth....

Well, yeah, obviously. But if someone makes a question targeted at flat earthers, it is rather annoying to have a round earther preemptively shut down the discussion. There aren't many flat earthers frequenting these parts of the forum anymore, so you have to be a bit patient.

geckothegeek

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2016, 01:24:46 AM »

Well, yeah, obviously. But if someone makes a question targeted at flat earthers, it is rather annoying to have a round earther preemptively shut down the discussion. There aren't many flat earthers frequenting these parts of the forum anymore, so you have to be a bit patient.

How would you say a round earther shuts down the discussion ?

I find it hard to believe there are any real "flat earth believers".  Just pretenders for the sake of argument.

And maybe it's time for me to move on and get off. I got a PM from a once frequent poster who saiid he had enough and who did just that. He hasn't been heard from since.

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2016, 02:04:11 AM »

Well, declaring that the website is a spoof website, for one. Alternatively, immediately declaring that "flat earthers have no answer to such and such response" before anyone has even had a chance to respond is also a fairly common/annoying occurrence.

I find it hard to believe there are any real "flat earth believers".  Just pretenders for the sake of argument.

I'm sure some of them are just pretending, but I think some are legit. If you think they are all just pretending, then what is the point of arguing with them?

And maybe it's time for me to move on and get off. I got a PM from a once frequent poster who saiid he had enough and who did just that. He hasn't been heard from since.

'tis the circle of life

geckothegeek

« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2016, 02:21:26 AM »

Well, declaring that the website is a spoof website, for one. Alternatively, immediately declaring that "flat earthers have no answer to such and such response" before anyone has even had a chance to respond is also a fairly common/annoying occurrence.

I'm sure some of them are just pretending, but I think some are legit. If you think they are all just pretending, then what is the point of arguing with them?

'tis the circle of life

Well , it did get rather old and boring. Same old stuff over and over from the FE's. I 've been trying to break the habit, so maybe I'll finally do it. LOL. So much more out there on the Internet.
Carry on.

« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2016, 01:02:59 PM »
To the question, could this be faked?
It seems very difficult. Both to man and the objects, most notably the iPad, which seem to behave like there is no external force such as gravity applying to them. The video continues for 50min. You can see the man clearly floating most of the time. There is nothing pushing him down so his body orientation is way off vertical much of the time. The iPad just floats there and whenever released it rotates or floats off in whatever direction it's been pushed. This all can't be done with strings and harnesses.
If it's CGI it's more realistic looking than anything even very high budget movies can achieve- there is always an unnatural look when CGI is employed to a significant extent. As this is single camera footage that looks unedited it's unfeasible really this is CGI

Ofcourse let's not forget you can observe the ISS directly yourself through a telescope when in the right part of the sky. Ive done so myself. There is a lot of footage released from the ISS that can also be viewed.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2016, 01:21:30 PM by Algebraist »

Offline TitanicShark

• Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    • View Profile
One way to find out
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2017, 03:15:55 PM »
Know what I am just gonna ask billschannel
π•Ώπ–Žπ–™π–†π–“π–Žπ–ˆπ•Ύπ–π–†π–—π–