Offline Hollocron

• The sloth of swag
    • View Profile
Building a New PC today
« on: July 22, 2016, 07:51:02 PM »
http://pcpartpicker.com/list/LffKBP

All this PC talk got me hot and bothered, so I'm building my first system with DDR4 memory. The inspiration for a mini ITX build came from the NZXT. Manta case. It has a hub to power up to 8 fans, which is pretty nice considering the fact that the motherboard I ordered only has 2 fan headers. I will probably end up upgrading it with an Nvidia GTX 1000 series GPU next year, assuming I don't get bottlenecked by the CPU. Discuss, berate etc...
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 07:55:47 PM by Hollocron »

Offline Hollocron

• The sloth of swag
    • View Profile
Re: Building a New PC today
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2016, 08:29:10 PM »
Part of the order came (as did I). I got the Windows 10 Pro license from a gentleman in the UK via eBay for $25. We'll soon see if it's legit.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • (◕‿◕✿)
    • View Profile
    • The Flat Earth Society
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2016, 08:36:46 PM »
Looks pretty damn nice. Personally, I would have gone for faster RAM (and possibly more of it). It wouldn't cost you much more, and the difference would be measurable. Definitely not a dealbreaker though. Enjoy your rig!
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we've already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Facebook and Twitter!

Offline Hollocron

• The sloth of swag
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2016, 08:53:10 PM »
Looks pretty damn nice. Personally, I would have gone for faster RAM (and possibly more of it). It wouldn't cost you much more, and the difference would be measurable. Definitely not a dealbreaker though. Enjoy your rig!

I would have gone for faster RAM, but the motherboard looks like it only supports 2133MHz. And I may get a different PSU, but we'll see how it goes. Thanks dawg. We're PC bros now.

Offline junker

• Planar Moderator
  • Boom
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2016, 11:13:19 PM »
Your carpet looks stained.
Please make sure to check out these resources to ensure that your time at tfes.org is enjoyable and productive.

1. The Rules

2. The FAQ

3. The Wiki

You're doing God's work, junker.

Offline Hollocron

• The sloth of swag
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2016, 01:57:59 PM »
For $450, this thing fucks.