Star Wars Battlefront™
« on: October 11, 2015, 10:05:41 PM »
Anyone played the beta?

All in all I feel it's a notable step down from the earlier games. Not only because of the missing features that we already knew about, but the gun play, maps and customisation systems are all pretty lackluster. The only real praise I've seen is that it nails the Star Wars atmosphere, which I agree with.

Offline beardo

• View Profile
Re: Star Wars Battlefront™
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2015, 10:06:52 PM »
Strange that a beta is missing features. Hmm.
The Mastery.

Offline Fortuna

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2015, 11:04:40 PM »
Anyone played the beta?

All in all I feel it's a notable step down from the earlier games. Not only because of the missing features that we already knew about, but the gun play, maps and customisation systems are all pretty lackluster. The only real praise I've seen is that it nails the Star Wars atmosphere, which I agree with.

While you've failed spectacularly, I think Battlefront has done the opposite and not only completely outdone the older games, but captured quintessential Star Wars perfectly.

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2015, 11:05:32 PM »
I played the shit out of the beta yesterday.  I liked it ok, but I didn't really think there was enough beta content for me to make a good judgement on if I should buy it or not.  I realize that that isn't really the point of beta testing, but this felt particularly sparse.  If the equipment/loadouts are deep and robust, then it'll be fun I'm sure, but that's tough to tell from how much was unavailable for beta.

What I played was fun, though.  Nothing revolutionary, but fun.  I mostly played the first map where you run around capturing escape pods. 
I have visited from prestigious research institutions of the highest caliber, to which only our administrator holds with confidence.

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2015, 03:24:25 AM »
Strange that a beta is missing features. Hmm.

I was referring to content that DICE confirmed would not be in the game, like the clones/droids as factions.

Anyone played the beta?

While you've failed spectacularly, I think Battlefront has done the opposite and not only completely outdone the older games, but captured quintessential Star Wars perfectly.

>"quintessential Star Wars"
>No space battles

ok

Offline beardo

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2015, 12:17:58 PM »
The Mastery.