Offline Pete

• View Profile
If the world is flat...
« on: July 05, 2015, 10:16:48 PM »
Hi, my first day here. Sorry of that my English is not the best.

If the world is flat, it means that:

1) The Big Bang theory is not a proven fact, but just a theory (as it is said) which is not trustworthy at all since the earth is not a globe.

2) There must be a God with intellect who has created the world since the Big Bang theory fails.

3) We are not circling the sun and the moon is not orbiting the world.

4) The sun is smaller than the earth and is much closer to the earth than the scientist says.

I don't know what is right, but maybe one day I will know. It's still hard to believe that the world is flat since I have not studied this topic much at all. I have just believed what "the system" tell me.

If it's true that there is ice all around us so the oceans are not being emptied, then how comes that no plane has ever tried to fly over the mountains (the barrier)? If no-one has done it,  it means that the "big brother" prevent it in a way or another (by air-traffic control).
« Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 11:15:14 PM by Pete »

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
Re: If the world is flat...
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2015, 05:46:40 AM »
My opinion:

1.) The basics of the Big Bang Theory might still hold, somewhat, since the stars are still observed to be spreading away from each other. The Big Bang theory would predict that at some point in the past they were all contained at one point, maybe starting with a bang. However, since the stars are not hundreds of thousands of miles in diameter or light years from each other, it would have somewhat of a smaller, gentler 'bang'.

2.) I believe in a Flat Earth because of science, not religion.

3.) Agreed

4.) Agreed
« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 05:54:40 AM by Tom Bishop »

Offline Pongo

• Most Educated Flat-Earther
  • Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2015, 12:52:48 PM »
Hi, my first day here. Sorry of that my English is not the best.

If the world is flat, it means that:

1) The Big Bang theory is not a proven fact, but just a theory (as it is said) which is not trustworthy at all since the earth is not a globe.

2) There must be a God with intellect who has created the world since the Big Bang theory fails.

3) We are not circling the sun and the moon is not orbiting the world.

4) The sun is smaller than the earth and is much closer to the earth than the scientist says.

I don't know what is right, but maybe one day I will know. It's still hard to believe that the world is flat since I have not studied this topic much at all. I have just believed what "the system" tell me.

If it's true that there is ice all around us so the oceans are not being emptied, then how comes that no plane has ever tried to fly over the mountains (the barrier)? If no-one has done it,  it means that the "big brother" prevent it in a way or another (by air-traffic control).

Item two feels like a gigantic false dichotomy to me.  There are many other possible explanations for where came from if the big bang isn't true than God must exist.  Also, which God?

I agree with Tom, I believe that the modern flat-earth theory is based in science, not religion.

Offline JRowe

• Slowly being driven insane by RE nonsense
    • View Profile
    • Dual Earth Theory
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2015, 07:30:33 PM »
FET does not mean God exists. There are many alternative origins for the universe. For that matter, plenty of people argue the Big Bang was set up by God, so point 2 seems meaningless.
My DE model explained here.
Open to questions, but if you're curious start there rather than expecting me to explain it all from scratch every time.