Ghost of V

I posted this on .org, but I'll cross post it here just to see what kind of responses crop up.

Skip to about 3 mins in if the link doens't automatically do it for you.

Some people believe that the Apollo moon landings were a hoax because astronauts would have been instantly killed in the Van Allen radiation belts. Now, we have proof that shows this is correct.

Straight from a NASA employee's own mouth; "we must solve these challenges before we send people through this region of space."

Uh, couldn't they just use the technology that shielded the Apollo astronauts during their flight? If not, why? Is it because the moon landing never actually happened and the Apollo mission is just an American folktale? The answer is starting to look like a resounding YES.

Apparently NASA now believes that traveling through the belts will kill the passengers of any craft without proper shielding (which they admit that they do not have in the video), yet they claim to have done just that back in 1969. How does that make any sense? I suspect the employee in the video will be fired for revealing NASA secrets, but I am grateful for his slip up as it certainly does explain a lot.

Thork

Re: NASA admits that they cannot send crafts through the Van Allen belts
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2015, 01:08:58 AM »
I tweeted about this about 3 days ago. >:(

Offline mister bickles

• while there's life, there's hope!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2015, 01:20:30 AM »
there aren't any "Van Allen belts";

its all just another big, fat LIE, courtesy of the masonic/Jew World Order  :(
nisi Dominus frustra

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2015, 01:41:52 AM »
Some people believe that the Apollo moon landings were a hoax because astronauts would have been instantly killed in the Van Allen radiation belts. Now, we have proof that shows this is correct.

Apparently NASA now believes that traveling through the belts will kill the passengers of any craft without proper shielding...

Actually, the NASA dude says: "Radiation like this can harm the guidance systems, on-board computers, and other electronics on Orion."
I have visited from prestigious research institutions of the highest caliber, to which only our administrator holds with confidence.

Ghost of V

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2015, 01:50:29 AM »

Apparently NASA now believes that traveling through the belts will kill the passengers of any craft without proper shielding...

Actually, the NASA dude says: "Radiation like this can harm the guidance systems, on-board computers, and other electronics on Orion."

Are you saying that the Van Allen belt's radiation is not harmful to organic lifeforms? Do you have any evidence to support this outlandish claim?

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2015, 03:18:45 AM »

Are you saying that the Van Allen belt's radiation is not harmful to organic lifeforms? Do you have any evidence to support this outlandish claim?

I know virtually nothing about the Van Allen belt.  I'm saying that this video does not feature NASA saying, "Astronauts would have been instantly killed in the Van Allen radiation belts," or "Traveling through the belts will kill the passengers of any craft without proper shielding."  It says that the belt can harm electronics.

You claimed that this video "proves" that "astronauts would have been instantly killed in the Van Allen radiation belts."  I don't see how that could be the case.
I have visited from prestigious research institutions of the highest caliber, to which only our administrator holds with confidence.

Offline Pongo

• Most Educated Flat-Earther
  • Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2015, 01:48:30 PM »
I tweeted about this about 3 days ago. >:(

Then how come we are all learning about it for the first time here, from Vauxhall?

Thork

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2015, 06:42:18 PM »

I know virtually nothing about the Van Allen belt.  I'm saying that this video does not feature NASA saying, "Astronauts would have been instantly killed in the Van Allen radiation belts," or "Traveling through the belts will kill the passengers of any craft without proper shielding."  It says that the belt can harm electronics.

You claimed that this video "proves" that "astronauts would have been instantly killed in the Van Allen radiation belts."  I don't see how that could be the case.
Actually the video does say we are going to try it without people first. Suggesting people are the thing they are worried about. They sent Voyager out in the 1970s, and all the other probes including a thing that landed on a meteor (apparently). Electronics is not the problem. People are the problem.

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2015, 07:36:17 PM »
Electronics is not the problem. People are the problem.

That's not what the video says.  The video says the contrary of the former and nothing of the latter.

Ghost of V

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2015, 07:41:38 PM »
Electronics is not the problem. People are the problem.

That's not what the video says.  The video says the contrary of the former and nothing of the latter.

The video implies it by the quote in the OP ("before we send people"). Van Allen belt radiation is dangerous for human beings. "Instantly killed" might be an exaggeration (which I am known to do), but the radiation in those belts will have adverse effects on human beings even after a short time period.

NASA claimed to have conquered this challenge in 1969, but are clearly concerned about it here as if they have never been through the belt before. Why?
« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 07:43:56 PM by Vauxhall »

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2015, 08:48:00 PM »
The Apollo missions to the moon traveled at a record of roughly 40,000 km/h in transit to the moon, while the Van Allen radiation belt extends from 10,000 km to 60,000 km, with the most intensive portion of the belt at 20,000 km to 30,000 km. They spent at most an hour there and back inside the belt.

Additionally, the Van Allen belt consists mostly of electrons with energy levels ranging from 0.1 MeV to 10 MeV, meaning they cannot penetrate solid metal surfaces. Only satellites, which are exposed for years to the radiation, are at risk of severe malfunction, and even then, with little shielding they seldom fail.

Further information:

The Apollo missions marked the first event where humans traveled through the Van Allen belts, which was one of several radiation hazards known by mission planners.[29] The astronauts had low exposure in the Van Allen belts due to the short period of time spent flying through them.[30] The command module's inner structure was an aluminum "sandwich" consisting of a welded aluminium inner skin, a thermally bonded honeycomb core, and a thin aluminium "face sheet". The steel honeycomb core and outer face sheets were thermally bonded to the inner skin.

In fact, the astronauts' overall exposure was dominated by solar particles once outside Earth's magnetic field. The total radiation received by the astronauts varied from mission to mission but was measured to be between 0.16 and 1.14 rads (1.6 and 11.4 mGy), much less than the standard of 5 rads (50 mSv) per year set by the United States Atomic Energy Commission for people who work with radioactivity.[29]

« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2015, 08:56:36 PM »
The video implies it by the quote in the OP ("before we send people"). Van Allen belt radiation is dangerous for human beings.

If you insist.  I'm just going by what the video-dude says.  At this point you're saying that the video author didn't mean what he said explicitly, but did mean something he didn't mention at all.  Ok.

If "radiation like this can harm the guidance systems, on-board computers, and other electronics on Orion," then that's obviously going to be dangerous for the human beings in Orion.  Losing those things mid flight would probably be dangerous.  So we should probably test this hypothesis "before we send people."

NASA claimed to have conquered this challenge in 1969, but are clearly concerned about it here as if they have never been through the belt before. Why?

Probably because Orion is new.  I expect Orion to have much more (and more sophisticated) electronics than rockets and modules built in 1969.  I honestly can't believe I even have to point that out.

Offline Rekt

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2017, 03:18:29 AM »
I posted this on .org, but I'll cross post it here just to see what kind of responses crop up.

Skip to about 3 mins in if the link doens't automatically do it for you.

Straight from a NASA employee's own mouth; "we must solve these challenges before we send people through this region of space."

Uh, couldn't they just use the technology that shielded the Apollo astronauts during their flight? If not, why? Is it because the moon landing never actually happened and the Apollo mission is just an American folktale? The answer is starting to look like a resounding YES.

Apparently NASA now believes that traveling through the belts will kill the passengers of any craft without proper shielding (which they admit that they do not have in the video), yet they claim to have done just that back in 1969. How does that make any sense? I suspect the employee in the video will be fired for revealing NASA secrets, but I am grateful for his slip up as it certainly does explain a lot.
Van Allen himself says the Apollo missions would have made it.

Offline Boots

• ---- Cogito, ergo sum. ---- -Descartes
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2017, 04:32:24 AM »
Why do we even know about the Van Allen belts? Scientists told us.

How do we know it was possible for the Apollo missions to travel through them? Some of those same scientists told us.

On what basis are we clinging to one, and trying to use it to refute the other?
“There are some ideas so absurd that only an intellectual could believe them.” - George Orwell

Offline Rekt

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2017, 03:50:30 PM »
Why do we even know about the Van Allen belts? Scientists told us.

How do we know it was possible for the Apollo missions to travel through them? Some of those same scientists told us.

On what basis are we clinging to one, and trying to use it to refute the other?
That's the biggest fallacy of these flat earthers. They use science to try and dispute science, such as in this case. Van Allen himself, the one who discovered these, thought Apollo spacecraft could get through it.