Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: You can go to jail for trolling!
« Reply #40 on: November 13, 2014, 10:02:06 PM »
At this point I don't think PP1 will just be like "lol okay u guys r right threats aren't trolling" because in his mind threatening death to people is just a type of trolling, therefore going to jail for threatening to shoot a school up or a politician is really just going to jail for trolling.

Arguing against this is apparently just as pointless as trying to explain what intellectual property is to Parsifal. It's a word game that will go nowhere, and as he said, he is the more experienced troll with word games.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 13, 2014, 10:20:16 PM »
If you say it as a joke and don't expect it to be taken as a threat, you aren't a misunderstood troll. You're just an idiot.
So you took this as a threat, then?

Hey, guys, I'm totally gonna blow up a mosque tomorrow. Please note: the former statement is false and I have no intention of blowing up mosques.

Who said anything about actual massacres?
You:

I mean, it certainly is a rude thing to say, but I would find it incredibly odd if a person's first thoughts about a massacre is "well that was an awfully rude thing to do!"

Now, if you were honest about this, you'd say you find it odd that a person's first thoughts about such an insensitive joke about massacres is "well, that was an awfully rude thing to say!" - and if you do find this strange, then we've hit a cultural difference.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 10:23:38 PM by pizaaplanet »
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline Tau

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Magistrum Fallaciae
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 13, 2014, 11:57:02 PM »
If you say it as a joke and don't expect it to be taken as a threat, you aren't a misunderstood troll. You're just an idiot.
So you took this as a threat, then?

Hey, guys, I'm totally gonna blow up a mosque tomorrow. Please note: the former statement is false and I have no intention of blowing up mosques.

No. This has context. If, instead, someone said "God, Pizaaplanet is completely psychopathic" and you replied "I'm literally going to shoot up a school tomorrow" I'd probably be kinda creeped out. Especially if it turned out that you lived next to a school and had a history of violence.

Another way of putting it: sure, in this context
Hey, guys, I'm totally gonna blow up a mosque tomorrow.
is just a dumb joke, but what if it was Yaakov saying it?
That's how far the horizon is, not how far you can see.

Read the FAQ: http://wiki.tfes.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 14, 2014, 01:28:10 AM »
Who said anything about actual massacres?
You:

I mean, it certainly is a rude thing to say, but I would find it incredibly odd if a person's first thoughts about a massacre is "well that was an awfully rude thing to do!"

Now, if you were honest about this, you'd say you find it odd that a person's first thoughts about such an insensitive joke about massacres is "well, that was an awfully rude thing to say!" - and if you do find this strange, then we've hit a cultural difference.

I'm sorry, you don't appear to have read the rest of the thread. Please read that first, then my post, that way the context of my post doesn't confuse you. If I have made a mistake and you have, in fact, read the entire thread, but still choose to interpret my post in this manner, then I have no interest in discussing this subject with you.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 14, 2014, 04:33:57 PM »
I have no interest in discussing this subject with you.
Okay, then.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline Particle Person

• Planar Moderator
  • born 2 b b&
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 14, 2014, 04:39:11 PM »

How does this conclusion follow?
Your mom is when your mom and you arent your mom.