Offline Crudblud

• A Moist Delectable Gentleman
    • View Profile
UK General Election, 4 July 2024
« on: May 22, 2024, 06:24:15 PM »
He could have waited out the year to see what, if anything, would happen that might make the Tories' inevitable defeat less absolute, but he decided the kamikaze option was the right one for whatever reason. Possibly he's looking forward to an early retirement in the US.

My biggest concern for some time now has been a Labour government without an effective opposition. If the polling is accurate then complacency will be the defining characteristic of Starmer's time in No 10.

Lastly I'm not sure if the date is supposed to be some sort of stunt because muh independence but it certainly seems a touch Boris.

Offline AATW

• View Profile
Re: UK General Election, 4 July 2024
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2024, 04:20:08 PM »
I enjoyed the fact he did it outside in the pouring rain and then some troll started blaring out "Things Can Only Get Better" (for you Yanks, it was the theme song of "New Labour" back in the 90s).

Labour will win of course, although if there is one person who could mess it up it's probably Starmer. I don't have any real issue with him other than he doesn't seem to stand for much other than "not being the Tories". Which might be enough for now.
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"