VFX Artists React to the Moon Landing
« on: April 07, 2021, 03:12:29 PM »
I think this is the right place for this.
As per the title. Interesting video of a few guys who work in the VFX industry watching footage from the moon landings and commenting on how authentic it looks.

Few points of interest, they comment on the length of some of the shots which they say would have been incredibly difficult to do in miniature or slow mo. The way the dust moves doesn't make sense in an atmosphere where you'd get turbulence.
The reflections in the visors would have been problematic - you'd expect to see lights or of the camera.
They compare it to the film 2001 which would have been state of the art VFX of the time and note how different it looks and how clear the effects are in it are.

I thought it was interesting because most of the "moon landing is fake" arguments which focus on how the footage is fake come from people with no expertise in the field.
"On a very clear and chilly day it is possible to see Lighthouse Beach from Lovers Point and vice versa...Upon looking into the telescope I can see children running in and out of the water, splashing and playing. I can see people sun bathing at the shore
- An excerpt from the account of the Bishop Experiment. My emphasis