Offline Fortuna

• View Profile
Cameras
« on: July 16, 2020, 08:35:21 PM »
Do any of you still have a dedicated camera? I use my Sony a6100 quite often. The image quality is very good for the price, it shoots 11 FPS in RAW format, and is super compact.

Offline Toddler Thork

• I am Toddler Thork. Hear me roar!
    • View Profile
Re: Cameras
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2020, 10:55:51 PM »
I was so close to getting my first DSLR camera ... and then lock down happened and they doubled in price as vain office types decided they wanted to look good on their zoom call.

SoonTM.
Rate this post.      👍 6     👎 1

Offline Fortuna

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2020, 11:00:17 PM »
I was so close to getting my first DSLR camera ... and then lock down happened and they doubled in price as vain office types decided they wanted to look good on their zoom call.

SoonTM.

Get a mirrorless camera instead. It’s like a DSLR, but light comes in directly on the sensor when you’re looking through the EVF.  They have more autofocus points, live exposure preview, and are generally more compact.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2020, 11:01:53 PM by Fortuna »

Online Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (>^_^)> it's propaganda time (◕‿◕✿)
    • View Profile
    • The Flat Earth Society
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2020, 11:06:46 PM »
I have a Canon 7D Mk II and an EOS M for when I feel like doing quality stuff. Phone cameras are OK for everyday use, but sometimes I just want to be extra.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we've already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

<Parsifal> I like looking at Chinese Wikipedia with Noto installed
<Parsifal> I don't understand any of it but the symbols look nice

Offline Fortuna

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2020, 11:14:58 PM »
I have a Canon 7D Mk II and an EOS M for when I feel like doing quality stuff. Phone cameras are OK for everyday use, but sometimes I just want to be extra.

The 7D Mark II is a legendary birding camera due to its cropped sensor, advanced autofocus and good image quality. According to the latest rumors, Canon has a mirrorless version coming out later this year or next year.

Online Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (>^_^)> it's propaganda time (◕‿◕✿)
    • View Profile
    • The Flat Earth Society
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2020, 09:57:38 AM »
I'm a dumb nerd, so most of the time I'm running around with my M and letting Magic Lantern do half of my work for me. The 7D is objectively the better choice for every purpose, though.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we've already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

<Parsifal> I like looking at Chinese Wikipedia with Noto installed
<Parsifal> I don't understand any of it but the symbols look nice

Offline Fortuna

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2020, 06:50:21 AM »
I'll be getting this bad boy when it releases in a month or two.