Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
Flat Earth - No Boat Went Over The Horizon
« on: November 11, 2018, 08:22:43 PM »
Ranty Flat Earth gives us a step-by-step breakdown of the Sinking Ship Effect. Assessment of the alleged sinking ship videos shows that the effect being the result of the Inferior Mirage is the logical conclusion in many of these videos.

Runtime: 8 Minutes

« Last Edit: November 11, 2018, 08:42:34 PM by Tom Bishop »

Offline RonJ

• ACTA NON VERBA
    • View Profile
Re: Flat Earth - No Boat Went Over The Horizon
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2018, 01:19:25 AM »
Nice video.  After all my years at sea, what I clearly saw was the ship (NOT a boat) going over the curve of the earth.  I could tell that the person doing the video was a landlubber and didn't really appreciate what he was seeing. Yes you can get a mirage effect in the desert or on a concrete runway (I am also a commercial pilot) from time to time. That's from the earth heating the air close to the surface.  You usually don't get that over the ocean.  Water is a big heat sync with a large specific heat.  You can see something similar when you are looking at the sun going down at sea.  It will reflect on the water and you can loose a ship in the blinding sunlight.  Sometimes you can even see a 'green flash'.  I don't see how a 'green flash' would be possible on the flat earth paradigm. 
For FE no explanation is possible, for RE no explanation is necessary.

Re: Flat Earth - No Boat Went Over The Horizon
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2018, 02:03:43 AM »
Sometimes you can even see a 'green flash'.  I don't see how a 'green flash' would be possible on the flat earth paradigm.
That point is worthy of its own topic, I think. It's one I've been meaning to get to.