Christian
11 (19.3%)
None (Atheism)
31 (54.4%)

Total Members Voted: 47

Yaakov ben Avraham

Re: What Religion are you?
« Reply #280 on: December 21, 2013, 05:44:00 AM »
The 1st point, while true, is irrelevant, as English is littered w/ foreign words, including many from Spanish, that retain only a suggestion of their original meaning in said language, as in 'negro' meaning 'black' in colour as applied to anything vs 'Negro' referring to an ethno-racial group in English usage. Your 2nd point, however, re: offending the troll is well taken! Touche, mon frere! You win that round!

Offline Socker

• View Profile
« Reply #281 on: December 21, 2013, 06:28:57 AM »
It would be nice if we could get back to the topic of religion, rather than if all Africans are black or whatever you two are arguing about.

Yaakov ben Avraham

« Reply #282 on: December 21, 2013, 06:40:55 AM »
Socker, Greeting! Well, as I indicated, Rama Set won that round! So, where were we in the discussion?

« Reply #283 on: December 21, 2013, 07:02:32 AM »
Halfway down page 12.  That's where.
I don't even care to find out what you're doing wrong, but I'm sure you're doing something wrong.

Yaakov ben Avraham

« Reply #284 on: December 21, 2013, 07:11:20 AM »
Ah, on my phone, we're currently on p. 58. Where are we on a computer?

« Reply #285 on: December 21, 2013, 08:38:59 AM »
I define predictable as "without randomness". If something is unpredictable, that means there is randomness involved. It might not be practical to try and make predictions in a chaotic system, but even chaotic systems follow laws.

Well I think you're one of the few who defines it that way (in a mathematical sense).

You can predict the probability of certain events occurring and given a large enough system in time or space, you can assert that an event is statistically certain to take place.  This is the type of prediction I maintain could be made about the spontaneous creation of the universe.  As Roundy passive aggressively pointed out, there would be no one around to make the prediction, but as a metaphysical possibility I think it stands that predicting a probable outcome, and given a system that makes the occurrence a statistical likelihood, renders it non-accidental.  This might degenerate in to a semantic discussion of accidental, which is fine, I just wanted to clarify my original point.

My problem was with the fact that you need a set of laws to predict a possible set of outcomes.

You can still have a set of laws but you will never be able to predict the outcome, quantum mechanics is a prime example. I can't argue that you could give a probable outcome but that doesn't mean it's not an accident. A nuclear power station has a probability of blowing up but I would say it's an accident if it did.

Also what happens if our type of universe that came into being had an equal but remote possibility of being created as any other universes or non-existence? Is it an accident then?

What determines that probability? I would argue that in order to know that probability you would need to be independent of the universe itself, because anything you measure or interact with within the universe will influence the outcome and the probability you're trying to measure (which is shown to be the case in quantum mechanics).

I can't see how you can say the universe was created by accident or vice versa.

Follow the quote link.  This was the last on-topic post.
I don't even care to find out what you're doing wrong, but I'm sure you're doing something wrong.

Offline jroa

• Kentucky Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: December 21, 2013, 10:08:31 AM »
Yaakov, I think you are a troll and you are portraying a Jewish superiority complex that is not real.  I want to argue with you, but I would just be feeding the troll.  I have no idea why people actually respond to your posts, as if they are real.  I suspect you are an alt, and you are just doing whatever you can to get under people's skin.  You started out demanding proof of the flat Earth that would support your Jewish model, and when you could not get that, you immediately started your racist trolling. 

Offline spank86

• View Profile
« Reply #287 on: December 21, 2013, 11:04:01 AM »
The 1st point, while true, is irrelevant, as English is littered w/ foreign words, including many from Spanish, that retain only a suggestion of their original meaning in said language, as in 'negro' meaning 'black' in colour as applied to anything vs 'Negro' referring to an ethno-racial group in English usage. Your 2nd point, however, re: offending the troll is well taken! Touche, mon frere! You win that round!

Strictly speaking negro would refer specifically to black sub Saharan Africans, which would rule out the Egyptians.

Yaakov ben Avraham

« Reply #288 on: December 21, 2013, 02:52:36 PM »
Jroa, you are certainly free to have your opinion. I'm not sure what an alt is, so I can't respond to that. As for being racist, I don't believe I have been, although I don't dispute that I've little love lost for Muslims. & given how the average Jew gets treated in Crown Heights, I'm a bit cautious w/ American Blacks as well, although that does NOT apply to African Blacks. If you choose to think I'm a troll, that is a personal issue for you to deal with, & no concern of mine.

Offline Excelsior John

• Excelsior! Flat Earth FTW!
    • View Profile
    • Excelsior! Flat Earth
« Reply #289 on: December 21, 2013, 03:48:11 PM »
Uh...of corse the ancient egyptiens were African Egypt is in AFRICA !!!

So is Libya.

The point is the ancient Egyptians may have been racially different from other Africans, and may in fact have been one of the old Semitic races similar to the Assyrians or Hyksos, or perhaps another entirely.

I know the libiyens are African American. And how the heck are egyptiens Semitic?! Semitic means jewish once again your trying to claim the achevements of African Americans for your Jewish religion
Given that the ancient Egyptians were the direct ancestors of today's Copts, who are a Semitic people (as are Arabs & Jews, although the Jewish thing gets messy), it is pretty clear that the Ancient Egyptians weren't Negroes, any more than the Copts are. They may have been a mixed group, actually, but no one can be sure of that. The ultimate question, what was an Egyptian, may never be known. We know what they were not. They weren't Arabs. They weren't Negroes. They may have been partly Semite. They may have been something that no longer exists today. It will probably always be an open question.
NEGROS!!!!!!!!!!! You are a flippin rascist what a terible word to say!!!!!! Yakoov thats it you are a rascist only a rascist person would use the word negro that is vary ofencive to me as an AFRICAN AMERICAN!!!!!!!
Given that the ancient Egyptians were the direct ancestors of today's Copts, who are a Semitic people (as are Arabs & Jews, although the Jewish thing gets messy), it is pretty clear that the Ancient Egyptians weren't Negroes, any more than the Copts are. They may have been a mixed group, actually, but no one can be sure of that. The ultimate question, what was an Egyptian, may never be known. We know what they were not. They weren't Arabs. They weren't Negroes. They may have been partly Semite. They may have been something that no longer exists today. It will probably always be an open question.

No one calls them negroes anymore.  You are like a really tragic time traveller.

Ikr its pure rascism
I only used the term because EJ gets offended by the word 'Black', & the term isn't accurate anyway. Australian Aboriginals are black. Some Micronesians are black. There are plenty of black skinned persons in the world who are NOT African, & plenty of Africans who are NOT black. Hence the term 'Negro'. Although not PC, its the only one that works.
And you thought that "NEGRO" woukld be better?!! Black is alredey bad enough but NEGRO?!! RELEY?!!
Black means black.  It doesn't mean African.  And I don't know what you're talking about with Negro supposedly being "the only one that works."  It's like you think that it's some kind of scientific term.  It's not.  It's literally just the Spanish/Portuguese word for black.  The only real difference between them is that Negro has a racist connotation.
Black is a ofencive slur for African Americans
Yaakov, do you actually understand what a troll is...

lol, I think Yaakov understands what a troll is, sadaam.
Im not so sure he does ::)
I'm well aware that 'Negro' is not a scientifically accurate term. Neither is 'Caucasian'. I am also aware of the Spanish/Portuguese derivation of the word. The concept of 'race' is itself unscientific. Nevertheless, for the purposes of this discussion, I'm obligated to use terms the meaning of which is clear. Please realise I do NOT intend to use them to be racially offensive. That having been said, if someone chooses to be offended, that is their issue, not mine. In this conversation, I use the term 'Negro' to refer to any Black African or Black African American person, but not to other black persons, like Australian Aboriginals. The word 'African' can be used for a person of any colour or ethnicity from Africa. 'African American' will refer to a person of Negro race in America who is often called 'Black'.
Reley?!! Thatd be like going up to an African American person and caling them the n word and teling them it is there isue if there ofended!!! Such a rascist troll not even funny!
Why can't you say "Black African"?
AFRICAN AMERICAN!!! Black is raciel slur
EJ finds the term 'Black' offensive. Besides that, then you have to deal w/ non-Black Africans.
Because its a raciel slur why shouldent I be ofended?!! And what do you mean "have to deal" with them?!! Do you not like non AFRICAN AMERICAN Africans and its a burdan for you to talk to them?!!
EJ finds the term 'Black' offensive. Besides that, then you have to deal w/ non-Black Africans.

That was the whole point of your post, that not all Africans are black.
Black is a raciel slur stop perpatrating rascism!!!
Precisely. & this is the only way I can differentiate between between persons from Africa who are black skinned & those who are not w/o offending trolls.
Im not a troll yakoov so how about you but out. And black us a raciel slur and you just come off as. Itching but a flippin rascist!
Precisely. & this is the only way I can differentiate between between persons from Africa who are black skinned & those who are not w/o offending trolls.

Incorrect.

Ikr!
I think Yaakov is trolling.  There's no logical reason to worry about offending trolls rather than offending sensible people.
He is trolling. He is an ofencive rascist troll!!
Well, if you have a way I can clearly indicate the difference between a Negro & an African of any descent w/o using the word 'Black', do enlighten me.
Well black is raciel slur you cant flippin use it!!!
As Saddam pointed out you are using the word black from Spanish.  As Alchemist pointed out, there is no logical reason to worry about offending EJ.
Well it is ofencive and us African Americans take vary grete ofence to it!!!
Both are ofencive. African American is the only politicaley corec term
It would be nice if we could get back to the topic of religion, rather than if all Africans are black or whatever you two are arguing about.
Ikr! You can thank yakoov for turning this consarvation rascist
Socker, Greeting! Well, as I indicated, Rama Set won that round! So, where were we in the discussion?
Won what round? !!!!!!
Halfway down page 12.  That's where.
Ugh. Its been that long :P
Yaakov, I think you are a troll and you are portraying a Jewish superiority complex that is not real.  I want to argue with you, but I would just be feeding the troll.  I have no idea why people actually respond to your posts, as if they are real.  I suspect you are an alt, and you are just doing whatever you can to get under people's skin.  You started out demanding proof of the flat Earth that would support your Jewish model, and when you could not get that, you immediately started your racist trolling. 
He tis defiantley a troll. He beleives Jewish are superor even tho its a flippin RELIGION!!!

Strictly speaking negro would refer specifically to black sub Saharan Africans, which would rule out the Egyptians.

Negro is a raciel slur!!!
Jroa, you are certainly free to have your opinion. I'm not sure what an alt is, so I can't respond to that. As for being racist, I don't believe I have been, although I don't dispute that I've little love lost for Muslims. & given how the average Jew gets treated in Crown Heights, I'm a bit cautious w/ American Blacks as well, although that does NOT apply to African Blacks. If you choose to think I'm a troll, that is a personal issue for you to deal with, & no concern of mine.
More and more rascism yakoov. Why dont you go join the boys at stormfront?!! ;D
Viva la FES!
Quote from: Yaakov ben Avraham link=https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=59968.msg1544396#msg1544396
Excelsior:...You are clearly a reasonable and intelligent person.

Yaakov ben Avraham

« Reply #290 on: December 21, 2013, 04:52:11 PM »
55 orthographic errors. Given I'm a Jew, I'd not be welcome @ Stormfront. I'm beginning to think you're not a troll, you're just an idiot.     
« Last Edit: December 21, 2013, 05:10:48 PM by Yaakov ben Avraham »

Offline Hoppy

• Posts 6892
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: December 21, 2013, 05:27:08 PM »
As Saddam pointed out you are using the word black from Spanish.  As Alchemist pointed out, there is no logical reason to worry about offending EJ.
This is very racist comment.
God is real.

Offline Ghost Spaghetti

• Don't look in that mirror. It's absolutely furious
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: December 21, 2013, 06:06:57 PM »
Aside from EJ, does 'black' really have a negative connotation in the US? In Britain it's a perfectly reasonable way to refer to someone's ethnicity and is the term used on, the census forms which give you variations on 'White' (White British, White Irish etc) 'Mixed / multiple ethnic groups' 'Asian / Asian British' 'Black / African / Caribbean / Black British' and 'Other ethnic group'

Offline Tintagel

• Full of Tinier Tintagels
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: December 21, 2013, 06:12:57 PM »
Aside from EJ, does 'black' really have a negative connotation in the US? In Britain it's a perfectly reasonable way to refer to someone's ethnicity and is the term used on, the census forms which give you variations on 'White' (White British, White Irish etc) 'Mixed / multiple ethnic groups' 'Asian / Asian British' 'Black / African / Caribbean / Black British' and 'Other ethnic group'

No.  It does not.

Yaakov ben Avraham

« Reply #294 on: December 21, 2013, 06:21:50 PM »
'Black' is not considered offensive, no. It is, I believe, used on census forms, as is the word 'White'. I've never met a single Black person who took exception to the term, any more than I've met a White person who objects to that term. People as individuals have their preferences, of course. I prefer the term 'Caucasian'. Better yet, I prefer to not mention my racial group, & identify w/ my ethno-religious group. When asked, I check 'White' & write in 'Jewish' in the 'other' box. Some Blacks prefer that term. Some prefer 'African-American'. Some prefer 'person of colour'. Very few use the word 'Negro'. It ultimately depends on who you are talking to. It is usually best to use whatever term that person uses to avoid causing offence.

Offline Excelsior John

• Excelsior! Flat Earth FTW!
    • View Profile
    • Excelsior! Flat Earth
« Reply #295 on: December 21, 2013, 06:46:11 PM »
55 orthographic errors. Given I'm a Jew, I'd not be welcome @ Stormfront. I'm beginning to think you're not a troll, you're just an idiot.   
Well gues what yakoov: IM NETHER!!!!!!!! I am an intelect only and do not confirm to rascist bigotrey like you do. You are puluting this thred with ignorence and using raciel slurs such as "NEGRO!!!" Im begining (oh wait — nevermind I alredey knew) to think your both a troll AND a idiot
This is very racist comment.
It tis rascist hank you hoppy all they even do is eternelise rascism and say its fine to ofend people as long as there African American >:(
Yess it vary much does "black" is universaley considered a raciel slur here in America and the corec term is "African American." Its not my falt you guys are rascist in britan

No.  It does not.
::) Flippin lier
'Black' is not considered offensive, no. It is, I believe, used on census forms, as is the word 'White'. I've never met a single Black person who took exception to the term, any more than I've met a White person who objects to that term. People as individuals have their preferences, of course. I prefer the term 'Caucasian'. Better yet, I prefer to not mention my racial group, & identify w/ my ethno-religious group. When asked, I check 'White' & write in 'Jewish' in the 'other' box. Some Blacks prefer that term. Some prefer 'African-American'. Some prefer 'person of colour'. Very few use the word 'Negro'. It ultimately depends on who you are talking to. It is usually best to use whatever term that person uses to avoid causing offence.
Is this a joke?!! "Black" is most certantley a raciel slur and who are you to say what we are flippin called??! We want to be known as AFRICAN AMERICAN and we will be known as that!!!
Viva la FES!
Quote from: Yaakov ben Avraham link=https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=59968.msg1544396#msg1544396
Excelsior:...You are clearly a reasonable and intelligent person.

Yaakov ben Avraham

« Reply #296 on: December 21, 2013, 06:57:46 PM »
35 orthographic errors. This from the 'intelect' (observe the orthographic error) who can't write in an English that is readily understandable to anybody other than himself.

Offline Ghost Spaghetti

• Don't look in that mirror. It's absolutely furious
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: December 21, 2013, 07:06:12 PM »
35 orthographic errors. This from the 'intelect' (observe the orthographic error) who can't write in an English that is readily understandable to anybody other than himself.

*headdesk*

If you want to see fewer errors then stop replying to him.

Offline Hoppy

• Posts 6892
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: December 21, 2013, 07:21:30 PM »
His inteleck is far soopyier than yours biggit.
God is real.

Yaakov ben Avraham

« Reply #299 on: December 21, 2013, 07:25:00 PM »
Ah, what?