Why are most flat earth believers Christian?
« on: March 02, 2018, 11:07:13 PM »
As I look through the forms, I'm noticing a that a ton of flat earth believers are Christian/Catholic etc. I'm skeptical of globe earth, but I'm also not religious, and was wondering if this was just something for believers.
Human

Offline junker

• Planar Moderator
  • Boom
    • View Profile
Re: Why are most flat earth believers Christian?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2018, 11:35:03 PM »
As I look through the forms, I'm noticing a that a ton of flat earth believers are Christian/Catholic etc.

I think you are not looking at the right "forms" if you are talking about this place, or you haven't actually done much lurking. It is mostly atheist/agnostic types around here.
Please make sure to check out these resources to ensure that your time at tfes.org is enjoyable and productive.

1. The Rules

2. The FAQ

3. The Wiki

You're doing God's work, junker.

Offline Dither

• The night above the dingle starry,
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2018, 12:04:37 AM »
Flat Earth has a history of Christian Witness, because basically, the Bible describes a motionless flat earth plane with a firmanent so yeah, this idea attracts Christians who take the Bible literally. (Like Me :) )
Anyway, there's only a couple of us (Christians) on this site and I mostly stay down below nowdays, but its the weekend and I'm bored so I'm posting in the upper fora. Welcome to the forum...
A lie will make it around the world before the truth has time to put on its shoes.

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2018, 07:01:46 AM »
Also these forums are English so most members are from the Us or UK or Austrailia.  All of which have a high Christian population.

Offline TheLordBarst

• Pls no ban
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2018, 02:52:32 PM »
That does not seem to be the case. For your viewing pleasure:
https://forum.tfes.org/index.php?topic=7447.0
Occam's Razor, more people should try slitting their wrists with it.

I think he looks like a chubby mole. The thought of him slapping his cold, clammy gut on you, his hairy back matted with sweat as he shoves his flaccid rodent like genitalia between your legs whilst squinting and huffing like an asthmatic pig

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • (◕‿◕✿)
    • View Profile
    • The Flat Earth Society
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2018, 11:04:36 PM »
Yeah. It's simply not the case. Some people who dislike us want to paint us as disproportionately religious, mostly because they also dislike religious people.

They are sad, desperate individuals. You can do better than that.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we've already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Facebook and Twitter!