New to Flat Earth theory and need help
« on: March 01, 2018, 02:23:45 PM »
Hello,
   I have been reading a little bit about the flat earth theory and was just curious but I'm having trouble understanding some of the websites. Would someone be able to outline that basic ideas and concepts of how the flat earth model works and what the basic counter-arguments to the round earth theory are?

Thanks

Offline Cain

• This is the line of division.
    • View Profile
Re: New to Flat Earth theory and need help
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2018, 10:43:27 PM »
Reading the wiki would probably be your best bet.
You just made my list, buddy.  >:(
this world does not have room for another mind as intelligent as yours.

Offline Frocious

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2018, 07:48:17 AM »
Reading the wiki would probably be your best bet.

Yes, the wiki is your best bet. It's chock full of great information that is backed up by sound logic and mathematics.

To wit:

Rotundity
Q. If the planets are round, why isn't the earth?

A. The earth is not a planet.

Size and Magnitude
Q. How big are the planets in the FE model?

A. Pretty small.

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2018, 05:51:27 PM »
The Earth is indeed flat and the biggest piece of evidence that it is has to do with commercial international flights. For example if you want to fly from say New York on the east coast of America to Seoul, North Korea.  If you look out of  the window on a cloudless day you would see that you fly ove the Artic Circle and  Russia, also the horizon would be flat.

Hope that helps a little bit
I must Refrain from low content posting in the upper fora

Offline StinkyOne

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2018, 01:53:02 AM »
The Earth is indeed flat and the biggest piece of evidence that it is has to do with commercial international flights. For example if you want to fly from say New York on the east coast of America to Seoul, North Korea.  If you look out of  the window on a cloudless day you would see that you fly ove the Artic Circle and  Russia, also the horizon would be flat.

Hope that helps a little bit

The only thing you've proven is that you don't know where Seoul is. Flight path on a globe does indeed take you north over Canada. I guess I'm not seeing what your point is.
I saw a video where a pilot was flying above the sun.
-Terry50