Lunar Eclipses in a FE world.
« on: January 09, 2018, 01:58:27 PM »
How does a lunar eclipse work, as if the sun and moon are both circling above the disc of the FE, then how can the moon move into the umbra of the Earth? Surely the eclipse would not be possible?

Offline AATW

• View Profile
Re: Lunar Eclipses in a FE world.
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2018, 02:01:06 PM »
The Shadow Object

https://wiki.tfes.org/The_Lunar_Eclipse

Which, conveniently, is not visible.
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Macarios

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2018, 10:48:28 AM »
Lunar eclipses only happen when there's full moon. (Prove me wrong... hehehe)
Nobody ever saw Shadow Object hiding/covering anything else but Moon.
It shows that Shadow Object could orbit Northern Hub instead of orbiting Sun.
Or just oscillate up and down above North pole.

For Shadow Object to work, the source of moonlight have to be in sunlight.
Otherwise Shadow Object could hide Moon from Sun the whole year and cast no shadow there.

Now, if you are at North pole, every four weeks we have full moon configuration like this:
When there's noon in India, the Sun is somewhere above Indian ocean.
To have full moon the Moon has to be above Americas.
Illuminated side of Moon is facing toward you and you see it.
Unfortunately, observer in Panama would not see the full moon the same time when you do.
He would see lower half of light side and lower half of dark side.

Please show me how can all the people who see Moon see the full moon together if the sunlight is the source of moonlight.
Or if Shadow Object actually orbits Moon, how can lunar eclipse be simultaneously seen from Egypt and from Mexico.

Could Sun's "lamp shade" hide North pole from sunlight and at the same time allow sunlight reach Moon.

And if the sunlight is not the source of the moonlight, then Shadow Object is irrelevant.

Offline ShowmetheProof

• We are fellow scientists, and should act as such.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2018, 01:27:31 PM »
I like how the Shadow Object is talked about in the Wiki like it is the only possible way for Lunar Eclipses to happen.  Seriously?  The "Shadow Object" is something that no one knows what it actually is, while on RE it is a lot easier to explain than this nonsense about the "Shadow Object".

Offline Ratboy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2018, 02:16:50 PM »
Hmm, Macarios's picture made me realize that the other magical thing about the moon object is that everyone everywhere always sees the same side (the man in the moon or some people see a rabbit).  What sort of ball looks exactly the same when viewed from the side or bottom or other side?  Not only lit up the same for everyone, but everyone also sees the same craters and mountains regardless of the angle viewed from.  And always the same size regardless of how close or far away it is supposed to be.  If there was another flat earth like a CD on edge so thin that we could not see it and it bounced up and down over the north pole turning so that it always faced the sun but reflects no light it almost could explain lunar eclipses, except for all the stuff said here.  But then Zenetics is supposed to go by what we see and not dream up outrageous alternatives to what we simply see.

The solution to not believing in a Flat Earth (if anyone here actually does) is to go outside and look at stuff.

Offline ShowmetheProof

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2018, 03:02:50 PM »
I think most here don't believe in the FE.  As Tom Bishop said, the ratio is 100(RE):1(FE).

Offline Ratboy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2018, 03:20:14 PM »
I think most here don't believe in the FE.  As Tom Bishop said, the ratio is 100(RE):1(FE).

I was questioning whether the 1 does or not. And worried for the future of the world if they read this stuff and still believe. It is cool to have a Flat Earth society as I knew when I was a kid it was surprising to learn that there could be such a thing.  I pictured some guy in Scotland who was too stubborn to stop at a stop sign they put in because he had been driving for 40 years and there was no stop sign there before so he refuses to acknowledge it (I knew that guy).  In Canada there was a Rhinoceros Party that was an official political party that promised outrageous stuff such as repealing the law of gravity and eliminating all laws (crime rate drops to zero if nothing is a crime).  I am pretty sure no one in the Rhinoceros Party actually believed any of their platform but they ran candidates for decades.  It was cool.  So if the goal is to carry on a legacy and even to allow a debate page, it shows that FEers do exist in the tradition of the guy that won't stop at the stop sign just because.  I am caught in the trap of looking too.  There is a certain appeal to walking into the pub and saying you are a Flat Earther.  You are a person that can put your hands to your ears and go "la la la la la."  I worry for those that see it another way and actually believe.

Offline ShowmetheProof

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2018, 03:29:19 PM »
Considering I've only ever seen moderators or council members and then 3 other people argue for TFE, I think 50% of the time, the one doesn't.