Attempt to disprove the round earth to me.
« on: December 24, 2017, 04:45:29 AM »
Hello, I am not a flat earther. I'd like some people who believe in the theory of flat earth to try disproving the ball earth to me.

I have a few questions that i'd like you to answer:
1) How exactly do we stay on the ground if gravity does not exist?
2) How are all of the other planets round if gravity does not exist?
3) How exactly are you able to travel in one direction and end up at the other side of the earth if it is flat, wouldn't it have an edge?
4) How do we see the sun and the moon go down the horizon if the underside of earth does not hold any life, and therefore would not need them shining light there?
5) Why do we see the stars differently after a certain amount of time in the same place?
6) How exactly do the moon phases and solar eclipses work?

It is unlikely for this to get any responses as flat earthers seem to outright deny that the earth is round with no physical evidence.
Go ahead and disprove round earth to me, I'll most likely find holes in your clouded theories.

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Attempt to disprove the round earth to me.
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2017, 04:01:47 PM »
I’d suggest reading the wiki and FAQ. Most of your questions are answered there.

You won’t usually get much of a response when you’ve done no work on your own and make a post that basically amounts to “prove me wrong.”

Offline m32ali

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2018, 08:07:35 PM »
I checked the FAQ and it still doesn't answer any of the questions that DuskHeybrid asked.

- It says seasons and daylights are there as the sun rotates above the earth like a spotlight but that doesn't makes sense. Even if the sun is further away to bring warmth to the southern hemisphere, it still would bring the same energy to the northern hemisphere which is not the case. So proves earth is a globe not flat.
- If there was no gravity and earth is just accelerating, the force would feel different if you were right at the equator or on the supposed edge of the earth which is not the case.

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2018, 09:43:06 PM »
I checked the FAQ and it still doesn't answer any of the questions that DuskHeybrid asked.

- It says seasons and daylights are there as the sun rotates above the earth like a spotlight but that doesn't makes sense. Even if the sun is further away to bring warmth to the southern hemisphere, it still would bring the same energy to the northern hemisphere which is not the case. So proves earth is a globe not flat.
- If there was no gravity and earth is just accelerating, the force would feel different if you were right at the equator or on the supposed edge of the earth which is not the case.
1) The sun follows a circle 'directly above' either the Tropic of Cancer or the Tropic of Capricorn on the Solstices. This is the distance difference between Summer and Winter for each hemisphere. While I personally feel it must move faster in one than the other, the distance from the sun to the hemiplane DOES change for the seasons.
2) No. It wouldn't. UA vs. Gravity is not a fight either side wins based solely on Earth bound experiences, and Earth focused observations.

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2018, 12:37:41 AM »
1) If the earth accelerates up at 9.8m/s2 by the force of dark energy then the force down on a flat earth would be equal to the force down do to gravity on a round earth.
2) These other "planets" are a misconception they are in reality wandering stars.
3) How many times have you yourself circumnavigated the "globe"? In reality is just like walking around the block
4) The sun and moon setting/rising is all a matter of perspective. When you see the sun and moon set/rise your eyes are playing a trick on you that appears to be them setting/rising.
5) We see the stars differently because they are moving.
6) Moon phases are a result of the dark object that blocks out the moon and sun at times.\

You can find all of this information on the wiki if you looked, although I'm sure I will be unable to convince you so easily.

JohnAdams1145

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2018, 02:35:30 AM »
1) If the earth accelerates up at 9.8m/s2 by the force of dark energy then the force down on a flat earth would be equal to the force down do to gravity on a round earth.
2) These other "planets" are a misconception they are in reality wandering stars.
3) How many times have you yourself circumnavigated the "globe"? In reality is just like walking around the block
4) The sun and moon setting/rising is all a matter of perspective. When you see the sun and moon set/rise your eyes are playing a trick on you that appears to be them setting/rising.
5) We see the stars differently because they are moving.
6) Moon phases are a result of the dark object that blocks out the moon and sun at times.\

You can find all of this information on the wiki if you looked, although I'm sure I will be unable to convince you so easily.

1) Energy and force are not the same thing. In fact, for Earth to accelerate, by the conservation of momentum, something else has to accelerate in the opposite direction. You can't just muddy the waters by throwing "dark energy" out there. That's being intellectually dishonest.
2) Back this up. Explain all of the telescope pictures that clearly show rocky surfaces, as well as spectrum analysis that confirms that these are not stars. Additionally, stars are much brighter in terms of black-body radiation. Stars are clearly much hotter. This also doesn't address the point that both stars and planets are round, so why isn't Earth?
3) Why does it matter? How many times have you fired a rocket launcher or flown an F-22? Does that mean that we all should excuse unreasonable doubt of the existence of these things? The fact is many people who logically are very likely to not be in conspiracy with one another have claimed to perform this feat.
4) You can't just introduce a buzzword like "perspective" and use it to wash all criticism away. It's just like how I can't just say "physics says so" to wash all of your theories away. Perform some rigorous calculations based on theories developed from and supported by experiments and observations (Zeteticism or the scientific method, whatever you like to call it). You need everything to be logically entailed from something all the way down to a set of axioms, which you can then prove through experiment/observation.
5) Moving with respect to what? You need to clearly define your reference frames. Again, the criticism of the previous points applies. You need to describe exactly how movement in some reference frame (preferably one on the Earth) causes the stars to behave that way.
6) You can't just introduce some random "dark object" to fill in gaps in your theory. This is one of Tom Bishop's primary (yet erroneous) criticisms of science -- people start with a theory and make up stuff to support it. Have you observed said "dark object" outside of your theory? Are there experiments to confirm that it actually exists? I know you probably deny the existence of gravity, but it's very odd that there's no gravitational pull from that "dark object"

Offline StinkyOne

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2018, 02:37:56 AM »

Planets are so named because they looked like stars, but they moved differently. Hence the term wandering stars. They are not stars. Anyone with a decent telescope can tell you that.
I saw a video where a pilot was flying above the sun.
-Terry50

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2018, 08:24:34 AM »
Why is the sun at noon exactly the same angular size as it is at dawn and dusk? If the sun were indeed "small" and moving towards and away from us, its angular size would be largest at noon, when it is supposedly closest. See also moonrise/moonset and lunar noon.

Why does the same face of the moon appear to be pointed towards us at all times. Again, if it is close and moving across the sky, we should expect to see a different moon face at different times. We don't.

Why do we see the same "southern hemisphere" stars in Australia and South America, even though they are on opposite sides of a supposed disk?

Offline m32ali

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2018, 04:16:25 PM »

1) The sun follows a circle 'directly above' either the Tropic of Cancer or the Tropic of Capricorn on the Solstices. This is the distance difference between Summer and Winter for each hemisphere. While I personally feel it must move faster in one than the other, the distance from the sun to the hemiplane DOES change for the seasons.
2) No. It wouldn't. UA vs. Gravity is not a fight either side wins based solely on Earth bound experiences, and Earth focused observations.

Your first point still doesn't make any sense for day and night. It feels like it should be daylight constantly!

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2018, 04:30:00 PM »

Your first point still doesn't make any sense for day and night. It feels like it should be daylight constantly!
You weren't asking about day/night. Most FE appears to 'solve' this by using a bastardized application of perspective that pretends trig doesn't work in the real world. Alternate options include bending space-time, and bendy light. Although those other two aren't well represented on this site.

Offline m32ali

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2018, 05:08:20 PM »

You weren't asking about day/night. Most FE appears to 'solve' this by using a bastardized application of perspective that pretends trig doesn't work in the real world. Alternate options include bending space-time, and bendy light. Although those other two aren't well represented on this site.

I know but my point was that your point may make sense for seasons but it doesn't for daylight so the entire point is null and void as it explains only one thing and not for another so unless there are 2 suns..

« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2018, 05:14:47 PM »

I know but my point was that your point may make sense for seasons but it doesn't for daylight so the entire point is null and void as it explains only one thing and not for another so unless there are 2 suns..
Seasons and the day/night cycle are two different issues. Why would one answer have to solve both of them? Seasons are caused by the sun's 'orbit' around the North Pole moving in and out as it were. Day/night cycle is caused by what essentially amounts to choose your own adventure based on the model you're working with.

Offline m32ali

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2018, 05:19:54 PM »

Seasons and the day/night cycle are two different issues. Why would one answer have to solve both of them? Seasons are caused by the sun's 'orbit' around the North Pole moving in and out as it were. Day/night cycle is caused by what essentially amounts to choose your own adventure based on the model you're working with.

Well that is the issue right there. In a globe earth, earth tilt and rotation answers everythign you need for daylight and seasonal. Nothing super complicated and not making theories. Plus if you were to say season are caused by the suns orbit around the north pole, that would mean that the north pole would recieve constant sunlight so why would it have any snow or ice?

« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2018, 05:27:51 PM »

Well that is the issue right there. In a globe earth, earth tilt and rotation answers everythign you need for daylight and seasonal. Nothing super complicated and not making theories. Plus if you were to say season are caused by the suns orbit around the north pole, that would mean that the north pole would recieve constant sunlight so why would it have any snow or ice?
Firstly, the FE stances are hypotheses at best, not theories. Secondly, you've put forth two things to explain daylight and seasons, one for each. Why does FE having 2 things, 1 for each make any difference? Lastly, as mentioned before, the North Pole doesn't get constant sunlight because of FE's bastardized perspective rules/hypothesis. Just like why the sun sets.

Actually I suppose technically daylight/seasons rely on 3 things in the RE model. Tilt, spin, and orbit. FE relies on Sun orbit pattern and perspective.