Ghost of V

Re: Just Watched
« Reply #360 on: May 26, 2014, 01:49:57 AM »
First Class is good and you kind of have to watch it to understand this one.

Is Future Past a sequel to First Class?

« Reply #361 on: May 26, 2014, 01:59:12 AM »
First Class is good and you kind of have to watch it to understand this one.

Yes.

There are too many superhero franchises out there. >o<  I haven't seen any of these X-Men movies since the original trilogy.  Should I watch them?  I've heard they're all good except for X-Men Origins: Wolverine.

X3 was also crap.

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #362 on: May 26, 2014, 02:05:52 AM »
There are too many superhero franchises out there. >o<  I haven't seen any of these X-Men movies since the original trilogy.  Should I watch them?  I've heard they're all good except for X-Men Origins: Wolverine.

X3 was also crap.

Yes, it was.  I had been referring to the movies since the original trilogy, because I've already seen them.  I probably should have made that a bit more clear, though.

Also, who owns the rights to Quicksilver?  I don't understand how two rival studios can be waving around the same character like this.  Surely one of them should be suing the other by now?

« Reply #363 on: May 26, 2014, 02:12:29 AM »
Probably because he's not quite as big as the other heroes.

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #364 on: May 26, 2014, 02:13:29 AM »
Here's an explanation, actually:

http://www.thegeektwins.com/2014/04/why-is-quicksilver-in-two-movies-x-men.html

I guess it makes sense.  Sort of.

Offline Снупс

• Planar Moderator
  • I summon my love back to me
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: May 26, 2014, 02:53:38 AM »
I really wish Rogue had been a bigger character, she and Nightcrawler are my favorites. Speaking of which, I want Nightcrawler back. A better one. Alan Cumming was alright but he wasn't flirty or energetic enough.

Ffff definitely. I love Nightcrawler. ;o; I was sad because when Wolverine first said he knew someone who could break into the Pentagon unnoticed, my immediate first thought was actually Nightcrawler. :[

Yes. This is the best of the bunch, though. But you definitely want to see all of them to understand it.

It's a sequel to every X-Men movie made up to this point, pretty much. But more narrowly, it's basically a sequel to X-Men: First Class and X3: The Last Stand at the same time. It deals with both the past and present and alternate timelines. It's great.
Quote from: garygreen date=1480782226
i also took an online quiz that said i was a giraffe.  and i guess you're dumb enough to believe that i must be because the internet said so.

Offline rooster

• View Profile
« Reply #366 on: May 26, 2014, 03:06:15 AM »
I thought they meant Nightcrawler too! But then I realized it couldn't possibly be him considering his origins.

Offline Rama Set

• Round and round...
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: May 26, 2014, 10:25:07 PM »
X-Men was not so good. They tried to pack too much into one story and did not concentrate on Phoenix like it appeared they would.

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #368 on: May 27, 2014, 02:42:36 AM »
Sony needs to sell the Spider-Man film rights back to Marvel.

« Reply #369 on: May 27, 2014, 02:48:08 AM »
Saddam, you're becoming really good at being the first person on the Internet to say things.

Offline Снупс

• Planar Moderator
  • I summon my love back to me
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: May 27, 2014, 04:38:35 AM »
Sony needs to sell the Spider-Man film rights back to Marvel.

Fucking hell, you have no idea how much I agree with this, regardless of Vindictusnark. Marvel has such an amazing universe and continuity going that, as far as I can think of, has never really been quite done before in film, at least not in such a huge way. I'm just so eternally crushed that Spider-Man won't be in the Avengers like he should; can you imagine Joss Whedon writing Spidey's wit and jabs alongside Iron Man like he should be doing? And if they got the X-Men rights again...fuck, this pisses me off even more because in the comics Spider-Man and Wolverine are so Goddamn amazing together, they're a historical comic book duo. But we won't see them on-screen together because stupid idiotic studios I hate them so much
Quote from: garygreen date=1480782226
i also took an online quiz that said i was a giraffe.  and i guess you're dumb enough to believe that i must be because the internet said so.

« Reply #371 on: May 27, 2014, 08:29:54 AM »
Spiderman would be another token Joss Whedon character, just like every other hero. Except it suits Spiderman more than it suits Thor.

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #372 on: May 27, 2014, 08:28:24 PM »
Snupes, you're the Marvel expert.  Tell me, have the Fantastic Four ever not sucked?  I ask because all I know about them is that they had three terrible movies and now there's a reboot coming out.  Go away superhero franchises.

« Reply #373 on: May 27, 2014, 08:30:38 PM »
Hasn't every superhero sucked at one stage of their comic book lives?

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #374 on: May 27, 2014, 08:43:20 PM »
Sure, but I'm wondering what it is specifically about the Fantastic Four that keeps tripping filmmakers up.  Same with the Punisher.  Three attempts, all of them duds.  What gives?

« Reply #375 on: May 27, 2014, 08:49:58 PM »
Bad directors/writers. e.g. Batman & Robin, Man of Steel.

Offline spoon

• Foxy wins
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: May 27, 2014, 09:26:45 PM »
I watched Fargo yesterday at the recommendation of a family member after I told him I was going to school in Minnesota. I don't know why I haven't watched it before; it was phenomenal.
inb4 Blanko spoons a literally pizza

« Reply #377 on: May 27, 2014, 09:28:02 PM »
Film or TV series?

Offline spoon

• Foxy wins
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: May 27, 2014, 09:32:29 PM »
film. I will probably end up watching the show at some point.
inb4 Blanko spoons a literally pizza

« Reply #379 on: May 27, 2014, 09:32:33 PM »
Sure, but I'm wondering what it is specifically about the Fantastic Four that keeps tripping filmmakers up.  Same with the Punisher.  Three attempts, all of them duds.  What gives?

Y'see I prefer the Punisher films to the Spidey shite we get crammed down our throats every 6 months.