Offline TheLordBarst

• Pls no ban
    • View Profile
Re: FES Book Club
« Reply #340 on: May 01, 2018, 11:58:17 AM »
I recently finished reading Umberto Eco's The Name of the Rose, I wrote a little blog post about it.

Also, I'm writing what is looking to be a pretty long review of Ready Player One, which I read over the past few days. It is a good book.
Fixed.
You just made my list, buddy.  >:(

I'm convinced. From now on, please refer to me as Mohammad ibn Muhammad al'Svarriyani Mohammed

Offline junker

• Planar Moderator
  • Boom
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: June 29, 2018, 03:18:20 AM »
Divergent
Insurgent
Allegiant

A coming-of-age series about angsty teens growing up in a dystopia separated by groups (factions). Various infighting, senseless slaughtering, big brother, etc. Not bad. Apparently they made movies that were terrible though.

The Giver

A well-written story hitting on some heavy themes (also set in a dystopia). Loss of innocence, more big brother, and some real fucked up shit. 9/10.

I actually did these on audio book. I have a long commute to work and got tired of AM sports radio.
Please make sure to check out these resources to ensure that your time at tfes.org is enjoyable and productive.

1. The Rules

2. The FAQ

3. The Wiki

You're doing God's work, junker.

Offline rooster

• cock-a-doodle-doo, darlin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: July 02, 2018, 03:24:24 PM »
The Giver was one of my first favorite books. I remember going through that one in a single day as a young lass. Good stuff. And I still love dystopian themes.

Offline Dionysios

• View Profile
« Reply #343 on: August 07, 2018, 03:47:55 AM »
Just got ‘Rock and Sand’ by Josiah Trenham. I haven’t read it yet, but this interview of him about the book is the best presentation I’ve ever heard about Protestantism from the Orthodox Christian perspective. Although Orthodox himself, the interviewer asks good tough questions like a well informed Protestant might.

Offline Crudblud

• A Most Respectable Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: November 10, 2018, 09:25:56 AM »
Also, I'm writing what is looking to be a pretty long review of Ready Player One, which I read over the past few days. It is not a good book.

Oh, yeah, finally got around to finishing that one. I owe a huge thanks to Snupes for encouraging me to keep working on it beyond the original draft, I think it turned out pretty well.