Re: Trump
« Reply #11500 on: July 14, 2024, 12:00:12 PM »
Damn it, just a little better aim and we'd have had great news.

Not even close.  Missed his brain by around 3 feet.

Online honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #11501 on: July 14, 2024, 12:35:04 PM »
we had have had great news.
DEI in action.

In this context, "we'd" is a contraction of "we would." It's not an unusual phrase.

I dunno, I mean... What would his raving supporters do if their leader was murdered by the only one with motive(they think): Biden and liberals?
Lots and lots of violence. 

It'd be worth it.
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

« Reply #11502 on: July 14, 2024, 12:38:42 PM »
it actually would've been super funny if trump had accidentally been killed by the very "assassin" he hired to pretend to assassinate him
I have visited from prestigious research institutions of the highest caliber, to which only our administrator holds with confidence.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11503 on: July 14, 2024, 02:42:25 PM »

We'd get Jan 6 again except this time it wouldn't be antifa larpers.

Also:

« Last Edit: July 14, 2024, 02:44:23 PM by Rushy »

Offline beardo

• View Profile
« Reply #11504 on: July 14, 2024, 02:57:56 PM »

I dunno, I mean... What would his raving supporters do if their leader was murdered by the only one with motive(they think): Biden and liberals?

It'd be worth it.
Crippling TDS.
The Mastery.

Offline Crudblud

• A Moist Delectable Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #11505 on: July 14, 2024, 03:11:32 PM »

It'd be worth it.
The last thing you should be hoping for if you want to see the end of MAGA is Trump as a martyr.

idk if you're trolling or you legitimately think accelerationism is a good idea but you need to stop lmao

Online honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #11506 on: July 14, 2024, 04:29:05 PM »
The last thing you should be hoping for if you want to see the end of MAGA is Trump as a martyr.

idk if you're trolling or you legitimately think accelerationism is a good idea but you need to stop lmao

MAGA will never end during any of our lifetimes, and Trump will be seen as a martyr by his fans regardless of whether he's assassinated, dies peacefully in his sleep, or slips on a banana peel and breaks his neck in front of a million witnesses. And no matter what Trump achieves during the rest of his life, he will always be telling his fans that he's angry, that he's been victimized, and that he wants revenge. He will never say that he feels satisfied with his life and career and he's ready to retire and enjoy his last few years in peace. So to his fans, Trump's eventual death will be seen as him being prematurely struck down before he could truly settle the score. Whether or not that leads to violence is unfortunately up to them, not me, but if it does have to happen, I'd prefer it to be sooner rather than later.
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11507 on: July 14, 2024, 04:45:21 PM »
telling his fans that he's angry, that he's been victimized, and that he wants revenge.

Maybe it was a bad idea to use the legal system to bludgeon a political candidate with nonsense charges and then try to shoot him dead when that didn't work.

Offline beardo

• View Profile
« Reply #11508 on: July 14, 2024, 05:37:19 PM »
Trump would have been much less popular now if they had just left him alone and allowed him run without any interference.
The Mastery.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11509 on: July 15, 2024, 05:55:21 PM »
https://edition.cnn.com/politics/live-news/trump-classified-documents-case-dismissed-07-15-24/index.html

Trump wins.  His Judge has basically said all special appointments are unconstitutional and thus the case is dismissed, which breaks from every other judge whose had this. Also, she did this after over a year!  Why didn't she dismiss it sooner?  Because she's corrupt.

Mark my words: if Trump wins, he'll appointment her to SCOTUS.
The conviction will get overturned on appeal.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11510 on: July 15, 2024, 06:07:56 PM »
More good news from Trump. He just can't stop winning.

Soon we will implement Project 2025 and Emperor Trump will destroy our enemies.

ichoosereality

« Reply #11511 on: July 15, 2024, 06:53:36 PM »
https://edition.cnn.com/politics/live-news/trump-classified-documents-case-dismissed-07-15-24/index.html

Trump wins.  His Judge has basically said all special appointments are unconstitutional and thus the case is dismissed, which breaks from every other judge whose had this. Also, she did this after over a year!  Why didn't she dismiss it sooner?  Because she's corrupt.
Indeed.  Her ruling will certainly be appealed but that will not complete before the election so if Trump is elected then he will immediately pardon himself and then allow the appeal to reverse her decision so all the other folks found guilty via a special prosecutor will not be let out.  Trump cares about Trump and little else. Of course if Trump is elected there will be vastly more to worry about than the special prosecutor regulations.

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #11512 on: July 15, 2024, 07:48:00 PM »

Jack Smith had no standing, AT ALL.

To be honest I am getting pretty bored of this place.

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #11513 on: July 15, 2024, 07:49:46 PM »

Indeed.  Her ruling will certainly be appealed but that will not complete before the election so if Trump is elected then he will immediately pardon himself and then allow the appeal to reverse her decision so all the other folks found guilty via a special prosecutor will not be let out.  Trump cares about Trump and little else. Of course if Trump is elected there will be vastly more to worry about than the special prosecutor regulations.
Jesus, the amount of bullshit.

Presidents cannot pardon themselves. All persons must apply for pardon or commutation. Once application has been filed, that is actually admission of guilt. If Trump tried this, he would lose all support and impeachment would be be successful.

Get a fucking grip and start practicing the words found in your goddamn username.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2024, 07:55:15 PM by Action80 »

ichoosereality

« Reply #11514 on: July 15, 2024, 09:26:29 PM »

Presidents cannot pardon themselves. All persons must apply for pardon or commutation. Once application has been filed, that is actually admission of guilt. If Trump tried this, he would lose all support and impeachment would be be successful.

Get a fucking grip and start practicing the words found in your goddamn username.
Actually if you'd do some research rather that just spew vulgarity, its not in fact clear if Presidents can do this or not (it all came up with Nixon) and of course he could only do it for the 2 federal cases not for the 2 state cases (I didn't think I'd have to spell that out but ok).  Perhaps more accurately I should have said "Trump would effectively pardon himself or otherwise weasel out of the charges."  Which is what he has been doing via delay after delay after ....  If nothing else Cannon's ruling offers yet more delay opportunities with appeals and on and on.  If you don't think such would continue 100 fold if Trump becomes POTUS again then you have not been paying attention.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11515 on: July 15, 2024, 10:50:35 PM »

Ok, so what was the correct, proper, standing person or group that should have been used?  The DoJ?  The President?  Mitch McConnel? 

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11516 on: July 15, 2024, 10:58:08 PM »

Why would he need to pardon himself if he can just order the DoJ to drop charges?

But he's correct: it's unknown if they can.  Never been done before.  And as we know... Trump can do no wrong.  His impeachment would never go through.  Not unless democrats controlled both houses.  Nor would he lose support.  Why would he?  None of his supporters care if he's guilty of some made up, witch-hunt crime.  Hell, they don't even care that he pushed to make the covid vaccine that's part of the plan to wipe out humanity.  Never even mention it.  Because they are loyal.  Blind loyalty.  They'd kill for him.  Wouldn't you?

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #11517 on: July 16, 2024, 06:29:09 AM »
If you don't think such would continue 100 fold if Trump becomes POTUS again then you have not been paying attention.
LOL!!!

Yeah, it is the TDS.

The only nonsense that would continue is the asshatted whining comments about the sky falling because OMB.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2024, 11:19:51 AM by Action80 »

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #11518 on: July 16, 2024, 06:31:40 AM »

Ok, so what was the correct, proper, standing person or group that should have been used?  The DoJ?  The President?  Mitch McConnel?
The correct proper way to appoint special counsel is for Congress to approve the appointment.

That is why Mueller never went anywhere and why Smith was going nowhere.

Truman Show shit.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11519 on: July 16, 2024, 07:33:36 AM »

The correct proper way to appoint special counsel is for Congress to approve the appointment.

That is why Mueller never went anywhere and why Smith was going nowhere.

Truman Show shit.
But that wasn't the ruling. The ruling was that all special counsels were unconstitutional.  All of them.