Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump
« Reply #11480 on: July 02, 2024, 05:47:57 AM »
The conviction will get overturned on appeal.

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #11481 on: July 02, 2024, 11:03:03 AM »
The Supreme Court did nothing but reiterate what was already known about the limits of POTUS immunity. In addition, Justice Thomas spelled out what will happen when the question of Jack Smith's appointment arrives in front of them.

Cases closed.
To be honest I am getting pretty bored of this place.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11482 on: July 02, 2024, 12:30:56 PM »
Yeah, no.
No where has it ever been stated that official acts can not be used as evidence for illegal unofficial Acts.

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #11483 on: July 02, 2024, 12:35:16 PM »
Yeah, no.
No where has it ever been stated that official acts can not be used as evidence for illegal unofficial Acts.
I urge you to enlist some sort of translator in the future to sort out your posts, especially since it is clear nonsense, filled with much contradiction.

No one can interpret it, including its author.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11484 on: July 02, 2024, 01:06:13 PM »
Yeah, no.
I urge you to enlist some sort of translator in the future to sort out your posts, especially since it is clear nonsense, filled with much contradiction.

Want me to quote the ruling?  Because I was paraphrasing that.

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #11485 on: July 02, 2024, 04:34:23 PM »
Yeah, no.

Want me to quote the ruling?  Because I was paraphrasing that.
Paraphrasing? I am not sure you know what that means.

Online honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #11486 on: July 02, 2024, 10:05:00 PM »
The dissent would disagree.

https://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/23pdf/23-939_e2pg.pdf (page 68)

I'm not going to go through the dissent line by line to see what I agree with and what I don't. However, it's obvious that doing anything drastic like declaring himself a dictator or assassinating a rival falls outside of the president's duties and would not be legally protected. Neither, for that matter, would hoarding classified documents or arranging a fraudulent scheme to stay in office after losing an election. There was already an obvious understanding that Trump was not being prosecuted for simply doing his job. This ruling simply invents a redundant legal controversy and creates a new hoop for the prosecution to jump through. It's a cowardly ruling that comes entirely down to their fear of actually having to make a definitive ruling on whether or not Trump can be prosecuted rather than any real constitutional concerns, and it's giving Trump exactly the delay he wanted, but I don't think it actually changes anything about what the president is or isn't allowed to do. In that respect, I partially agree with Action80, although it's interesting that he apparently interprets Trump and the Court wasting everyone's time to be a good thing.
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11487 on: July 02, 2024, 10:19:12 PM »
The dissent would disagree.

https://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/23pdf/23-939_e2pg.pdf (page 68)

I'm not going to go through the dissent line by line to see what I agree with and what I don't. However, it's obvious that doing anything drastic like declaring himself a dictator or assassinating a rival falls outside of the president's duties and would not be legally protected. Neither, for that matter, would hoarding classified documents or arranging a fraudulent scheme to stay in office after losing an election. There was already an obvious understanding that Trump was not being prosecuted for simply doing his job. This ruling simply invents a redundant legal controversy and creates a new hoop for the prosecution to jump through. It's a cowardly ruling that comes entirely down to their fear of actually having to make a definitive ruling on whether or not Trump can be prosecuted rather than any real constitutional concerns, and it's giving Trump exactly the delay he wanted, but I don't think it actually changes anything about what the president is or isn't allowed to do. In that respect, I partially agree with Action80, although it's interesting that he apparently interprets Trump and the Court wasting everyone's time to be a good thing.
Not neccessarily.  Trump's team has, because of this ruling, already filed a motion to overturn his hush money verdict.  The reason being that, up until this ruling (despite what Action says), everyone thought the President's actions were usable as evidence in a criminal trial.  But now, apparnetly, his tweets while president, can NOT be used as evidence of a crime.  Which was used in the hush money trial and thus could invalidate the verdic.

The issue we have is what is defining as a president's duty?  Aside from the costitution, there's no real line.  A vague line, but no firm one.  Like, the president is tasked with protecting the country from threats both foreign and domestic, right?  So what if the president feels his political rival is a threat to the nation?  Trump has said he'd be a dictator on Day 1.  If that's not a domestic threat to the repubic, I don't know what is.   Why would stopping such a threat be outside of his official duties as president?

As for the scheme to stay in office: Since he was president when he did most of that, any evidence of a crime is basically inadmissable in court.  That speech he had?  Inadmissable if you can reasonable claim its part of his official duty as president. (communicating with the people?) Challening the votes and stopping it could also be cosidered his official act to ensure a fair and balanced election.  And any evidence of a crime could easily be marked as acts of the president, which is literally what they ruled.  Like when he met with his temporary attorney general and told him to put pressure on certain people.  That's no longer usable evidence in court.  THAT, I think, is the most damaging. 

And now a judge has to figure out what is or isn't official acts and have that challenged and possibly to to SCOTUS for each and every single one.  Just the January 6th case could take years to go to trial.  And the docuemnts case... who knows.

But remember: He owns one of the two major parties.
He appointed 3 of the 9 justices.

Even if SCOTUS just kicked the can back down the line, they kicked it with a list of restrictions.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11488 on: July 13, 2024, 10:38:25 PM »
Trump fakes assassination attempt!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13631849/Donald-Trump-shots-fired-Pennsylvania.html

Look at him!  That's not someone who just got shot at.  That's someone who has a blood pack on his ear.

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #11489 on: July 13, 2024, 11:52:07 PM »

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13631849/Donald-Trump-shots-fired-Pennsylvania.html

Look at him!  That's not someone who just got shot at.  That's someone who has a blood pack on his ear.

What evidence do you have this event was faked?

I mean, you are all the fucking way over in Norway. Guess you feel safer making asshatted comments from 5000 miles away.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2024, 12:04:01 AM by Action80 »

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11490 on: July 14, 2024, 12:02:23 AM »

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4770414-trump-rally-shooter-attendee-dead/

I am sure the dead attendee will be happy to learn that it was just a blood pack. Fucking hell, Dave......

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11491 on: July 14, 2024, 12:20:44 AM »

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4770414-trump-rally-shooter-attendee-dead/

I am sure the dead attendee will be happy to learn that it was just a blood pack. Fucking hell, Dave......

1. This was made with only a video and no news of death.
2. Crisis actors.  Hey, if fucking action80 and Tom can do it, why not me?

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11492 on: July 14, 2024, 12:21:23 AM »

What evidence do you have this event was faked?

I mean, you are all the fucking way over in Norway. Guess you feel safer making asshatted comments from 5000 miles away.
How many people do you know will be shot at then stop to do a victory fist bump?

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11493 on: July 14, 2024, 12:40:52 AM »
It's Joever.

« Reply #11494 on: July 14, 2024, 02:26:02 AM »
obvious false flag is obvious
I have visited from prestigious research institutions of the highest caliber, to which only our administrator holds with confidence.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11495 on: July 14, 2024, 02:46:33 AM »
obvious false flag is obvious

Our false flags are better than your false flags.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11496 on: July 14, 2024, 07:13:47 AM »
Yeah, his own campaign said this is gonna make him win.

Online honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #11497 on: July 14, 2024, 08:12:14 AM »
Damn it, just a little better aim and we'd have had great news.
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11498 on: July 14, 2024, 08:38:44 AM »
Damn it, just a little better aim and we'd have had great news.

I dunno, I mean... What would his raving supporters do if their leader was murdered by the only one with motive(they think): Biden and liberals?
Lots and lots of violence. 

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #11499 on: July 14, 2024, 11:50:03 AM »
we had have had great news.
DEI in action.