Offline rabinoz

• Just look South at the Stars
    • View Profile
Re: How is a lunar eclipse explained on the Flat Earth?
« Reply #60 on: November 12, 2016, 09:52:42 PM »
Do you have any evidence to support your outlandish claim?
LWD

Still looking to some knowledgeable FEer for a relevant answer.

So, no evidence then. Gotcha.
Wrong answer. I am asking you for an explanation for "How is a lunar eclipse explained on the Flat Earth?"
The explanation in "the Wiki" is obviously quite impossible, as has been explained numerous times.

In case you have forgotten, "the Wiki" explains it like this:
Quote from: the Wiki
The Lunar Eclipse
A Lunar Eclipse occurs about twice a year when a satellite of the sun passes between the sun and moon.

This satellite is called the Shadow Object. Its orbital plane is tilted at an angle of about 5°10' to the sun's orbital plane, making eclipses possible only when the three bodies (Sun, Object, and Moon) are aligned and when the moon is crossing the sun's orbital plane (at a point called the node).
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
The shadow object is never seen because it orbits close to the sun. As the sun's powerful vertical rays hit the atmosphere during the day they will scatter and blot out nearly every single star and celestial body in the sky. We are never given a glimpse of the celestial bodies which appear near the sun during the day - they are completely washed out by the sun's light.

It is estimated that the Shadow Object is around five to ten miles in diameter. Since it is somewhat close to the sun the manifestation of its penumbra upon the moon appears as a magnified projection. This is similar to how during a shadow puppet show your hand's shadow can make a large magnified projection upon your bedroom wall as you move it closer to the flashlight.

Now it should be obvious that a 5 to 10 miles in diameter Shadow Object cannot block the from a 32 mile diameter sun from reaching a 32 mile diameter moon.

Do I have to draw a picture?

So, no Gotcha! Now what about an explanation?

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 12, 2016, 09:55:42 PM »
LWD

Wrong answer. I am asking you for an explanation for "How is a lunar eclipse explained on the Flat Earth?"
The explanation in "the Wiki" is obviously quite impossible, as has been explained numerous times.

The Lunar Eclipse
A Lunar Eclipse occurs about twice a year when a satellite of the sun passes between the sun and moon.

This satellite is called the Shadow Object. Its orbital plane is tilted at an angle of about 5°10' to the sun's orbital plane, making eclipses possible only when the three bodies (Sun, Object, and Moon) are aligned and when the moon is crossing the sun's orbital plane (at a point called the node).
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
The shadow object is never seen because it orbits close to the sun. As the sun's powerful vertical rays hit the atmosphere during the day they will scatter and blot out nearly every single star and celestial body in the sky. We are never given a glimpse of the celestial bodies which appear near the sun during the day - they are completely washed out by the sun's light.

It is estimated that the Shadow Object is around five to ten miles in diameter. Since it is somewhat close to the sun the manifestation of its penumbra upon the moon appears as a magnified projection. This is similar to how during a shadow puppet show your hand's shadow can make a large magnified projection upon your bedroom wall as you move it closer to the flashlight.

Now it should be obvious that a 5 to 10 miles in diameter Shadow Object cannot block the from a 32 mile diameter sun from reaching a 32 mile diameter moon.

Given that the post you quoted didn't involve you, I'm not sure why you're copy pasting the same nonsense as a reply to me. Do you understand how discussions on a forum work?

Offline rabinoz

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 12, 2016, 10:28:15 PM »
LWD

The Lunar Eclipse

Given that the post you quoted didn't involve you, I'm not sure why you're copy pasting the same nonsense as a reply to me. Do you understand how discussions on a forum work?

Try again! Boots comment was almost a direct of my post:
Over to some knowledgeable Flat Earthed for a relevant answer.

So, you wriggle and squirm, but still don't have an answer!

Yes, I realise I am "copy pasting the same nonsense" after all most of it was directly fro YOUR "Wiki".

Try again!

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 12, 2016, 10:29:29 PM »
LWD

The Lunar Eclipse

Try again! Boots comment was almost a direct of my post:
Over to some knowledgeable Flat Earthed for a relevant answer.

So, you wriggle and squirm, but still don't have an answer!

Yes, I realise I am "copy pasting the same nonsense" after all most of it was directly fro YOUR "Wiki".

Try again!

Answer for what? Try again for what? We weren't having a discussion.

Offline rabinoz

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 12, 2016, 10:43:20 PM »
Answer for what? Try again for what? We weren't having a discussion.

An answer for "How is a lunar eclipse explained on the Flat Earth?"

That is the topic, in case you had missed it.

« Reply #65 on: November 12, 2016, 10:46:02 PM »
Jesus, stop feeding junker! He is messing with you, stop falling into that trap every single time.
Ignored by Intikam since 2016.

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 12, 2016, 10:58:08 PM »

Ah, gotcha.

I'd suggest taking a look at the wiki and FAQ.

Seems this thread can be closed now. Glad that one was simple to clear up.

Offline rabinoz

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 12, 2016, 11:42:19 PM »

Ah, gotcha.

I'd suggest taking a look at the wiki and FAQ.

Seems this thread can be closed now. Glad that one was simple to clear up.
You "suggest taking a look at the wiki and FAQ"!

Have you ignored all the foregoing? The explanation in "the Wiki" is patently absurd. That is the reason for the whole thread.

Since the thread was started by Boots,
         How is a lunar eclipse explained on the Flat Earth? New
         Started by Boots

Would it not be polite for him to close the thread when he has a satisfactory answer?

Of course, you could admit outright that you simply do not have a better explanation than the impossibility given in "the Wiki".

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 13, 2016, 12:28:41 AM »
...the impossibility given in "the Wiki".

Citation needed...

Offline Boots

• ---- Cogito, ergo sum. ---- -Descartes
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 13, 2016, 03:54:55 AM »

It is my opinion that you have a bad case of LWD Syndrome. There is no evidence that I'm interested in discussing with you. 

« Last Edit: November 13, 2016, 04:37:15 AM by Boots »
“There are some ideas so absurd that only an intellectual could believe them.” - George Orwell

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 13, 2016, 04:32:31 AM »

It is my opinion that you have a bad case of LWD. There is no evidence that I'm interested in discussing with you. 

Good to see that you have conceded. Another victory for FE!

Offline Boots

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 13, 2016, 04:33:53 AM »

LWDS

« Last Edit: November 13, 2016, 04:37:48 AM by Boots »
“There are some ideas so absurd that only an intellectual could believe them.” - George Orwell

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 13, 2016, 04:37:47 AM »

LWD

And yet you still quote/reply... And it is clear you still haven't even read the FAQ or wiki. It is disingenuous for you to think anyone should take you seriously given your lack of effort.

Offline Boots

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 13, 2016, 04:39:30 AM »
And yet you still quote/reply... And it is clear you still haven't even read the FAQ or wiki. It is disingenuous for you to think anyone should take you seriously given your lack of effort.

LOL.  LWDS

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 13, 2016, 05:17:51 AM »

LOL.  LWDS

You just can't help yourself. It is actually quite funny to watch. Good luck with everything, friend! :)

Offline Boots

• View Profile
« Reply #75 on: November 13, 2016, 07:03:36 AM »
Are there any knowledgable FEers on this site who are able to explain in their own words how a lunar eclipse is explained on the Flat Earth? I am very interested in having an actual discussion about this.

geckothegeek

« Reply #76 on: November 13, 2016, 03:46:13 PM »
Are there any knowledgable FEers on this site who are able to explain in their own words how a lunar eclipse is explained on the Flat Earth? I am very interested in having an actual discussion about this.

Knowledgable ???

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
How is a lunar eclipse explained on the Flat Earth?
« Reply #77 on: November 13, 2016, 04:30:00 PM »

Knowledgable ???

Please refrain from low content posting in the upper fora.

Offline rabinoz

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 13, 2016, 09:25:11 PM »

Knowledgable ???

Neither Junker nor anyone else appear to have an answer to the question "How is a lunar eclipse explained on the Flat Earth?",
Junker refuses to give any explanation in this thread and nobody else from the FES deigns to answer.

So I started a new top specifically claiming
The explanation for the Lunar Eclipse in "the Wiki" is quite Unsatisfactory. « on: Today at 11:18:38 AM ».

I was expecting some explanation, because as shown in this diagram

Flat Earth Sun, Shadow Object and Lunar Eclipse
I cannot see any possibility of the "Shadow Object" causing a shadow on the moon.

A 5 to 10 mile diameter Shadow Object can only block a small fraction of the light from a 32 mile diameter sun from reaching a 32 mile diameter moon.

So this 5 to 10 mile diameter "Shadow Object" explanation of the lunar eclipse is unsatisfactory.

So is there a better explanation of this well known event?

How are we to interpret this action? Junker refuses to give any further explanation in this thread, and throws out my attempt at getting further elucidation.

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 13, 2016, 10:11:44 PM »

Knowledgable ???

Neither Junker nor anyone else appear to have an answer to the question "How is a lunar eclipse explained on the Flat Earth?",
Junker refuses to give any explanation in this thread and nobody else from the FES deigns to answer.

So I started a new top specifically claiming
The explanation for the Lunar Eclipse in "the Wiki" is quite Unsatisfactory. « on: Today at 11:18:38 AM ».

I was expecting some explanation, because as shown in this diagram

Flat Earth Sun, Shadow Object and Lunar Eclipse
I cannot see any possibility of the "Shadow Object" causing a shadow on the moon.

A 5 to 10 mile diameter Shadow Object can only block a small fraction of the light from a 32 mile diameter sun from reaching a 32 mile diameter moon.

So this 5 to 10 mile diameter "Shadow Object" explanation of the lunar eclipse is unsatisfactory.

So is there a better explanation of this well known event?

How are we to interpret this action? Junker refuses to give any further explanation in this thread, and throws out my attempt at getting further elucidation.

You seem to be under the impression that someone owes you a response. I assure you that is not the case. Frankly, with your immature behavior, it isn't at all surprising no one wants to talk to you.