Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
Re: US Presidential Election 2024
« Reply #100 on: August 31, 2024, 01:21:42 PM »
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Offline Roundy

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 31, 2024, 02:02:33 PM »
https://x.com/KamalaHQ/status/1829641049142112624?t=4cq6TMM7e--5HOcpmomUrA&s=19

Whatever filter he might have had in the past he's lost. He's just another sad, pathetic racist at the old folks home at this point. Good luck winning an American election while simultaneously doing everything in your power to alienate black people.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 31, 2024, 02:55:05 PM »
"He wasn't talking about black people! He was obviously just talking about congresspeople in general! You're the one who's racist for assuming he was talking about black people! And even if he was talking about black people, there's nothing racist about saying that some black people are smart and some are dumb! That's no different to white people! You're the one who's racist!"
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 31, 2024, 07:25:35 PM »
https://www.newsweek.com/kamala-harris-first-interview-ratings-compared-donald-trump-1946932

This must be driving the orange doofus nuts. LOL
Everyone likes to gawk at various types of accidents, such as interstate pileups and train wrecks. People are willing to sit around for hours at events like these. Sometimes they contact others telling them to come and look.
To be honest I am getting pretty bored of this place.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 31, 2024, 08:19:55 PM »
https://www.newsweek.com/kamala-harris-first-interview-ratings-compared-donald-trump-1946932

This must be driving the orange doofus nuts. LOL
Everyone likes to gawk at various types of accidents, such as interstate pileups and train wrecks. People are willing to sit around for hours at events like these. Sometimes they contact others telling them to come and look.
Yeah but when ya see an accident enough times, its just boring.  Which is why Trump is losing viewers.
The conviction will get overturned on appeal.

Offline Roundy

• View Profile
« Reply #105 on: August 31, 2024, 08:29:33 PM »
Actually "train wreck" is an extremely spot-on way to describe Trump's whole campaign this year.  ;D

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 31, 2024, 10:06:07 PM »
In the video Trump introduces him as a rising star Congressman and says that he's one of the smart ones. Trump made no mention of race. The only racists I see are the people looking at this person through the lens of race and postulating that intelligence is a question in black people.

In other words Democrats are and always have been the racists. FFS, you're the party of slavery, the KKK, and the party which opposed civil rights laws.

At the end of this video the speaker correctly points out that Democrats were always the racists. And today's Democrats are still racists and sexists by treating women and black people as victims who can't make it on their own, which is just another form of contempt.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2024, 10:50:12 PM by Tom Bishop »

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 31, 2024, 10:12:02 PM »
Returning to the previous topics:

> Smiling and giving a thumbs up at cemeteries is bad

According to who, exactly? Many people on their death beds repeatedly tell their families that they don't want them to be sad. The family who took the picture with Trump also did not complain about it and highly praised Trump for his involvement.

> Trump used his own photographer

Photography is not prohibited at Arlington

> Someone pushed someone

Considering that no police were called and this is not going to be investigated by a court of law, it's unclear who was in the wrong. I don't see evidence that Trump's associates were wrong.

> Filming or photographing will not be permitted if it conveys the impression that cemetery officials or any visitor or family member is endorsing any product, service or organization," an official media policy memo reads.

I didn't see any Vote for Trump signs

> It continues, "Additionally, ANC will not authorize any filming for partisan, political or fundraising purposes," citing the Hatch Act, which governs how federal employees can weigh in on political activities.

Trump is not a federal employee, irrelevant from the start.

> The memo specifically cites 32 CFR 553, which states, among other guidelines, that "Memorial services and ceremonies at Army National Military Cemeteries will not include partisan political activities."

The memorial service did not include partisan political activities. Again, the media confuses what occurred at the memorial service with what Trump posted about it afterwards.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2024, 10:18:03 PM by Tom Bishop »

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 31, 2024, 11:30:40 PM »
Returning to the previous topics:

> Smiling and giving a thumbs up at cemeteries is bad

According to who, exactly? Many people on their death beds repeatedly tell their families that they don't want them to be sad. The family who took the picture with Trump also did not complain about it and highly praised Trump for his involvement.

> Trump used his own photographer

Photography is not prohibited at Arlington

> Someone pushed someone

Considering that no police were called and this is not going to be investigated by a court of law, it's unclear who was in the wrong. I don't see evidence that Trump's associates were wrong.

> Filming or photographing will not be permitted if it conveys the impression that cemetery officials or any visitor or family member is endorsing any product, service or organization," an official media policy memo reads.

I didn't see any Vote for Trump signs

> It continues, "Additionally, ANC will not authorize any filming for partisan, political or fundraising purposes," citing the Hatch Act, which governs how federal employees can weigh in on political activities.

Trump is not a federal employee, irrelevant from the start.

> The memo specifically cites 32 CFR 553, which states, among other guidelines, that "Memorial services and ceremonies at Army National Military Cemeteries will not include partisan political activities."

The memorial service did not include partisan political activities. Again, the media confuses what occurred at the memorial service with what Trump posted about it afterwards.

In order:

Society.
It is for political ads.
There is a report.  Which was filed.  Which is how we know.
Trump is a walking 'vote for trump' sign.
He is a political candidate and currently being paid by the federal government as an ex president. 
Filming for the purpose of making a political Ad does fall into that category.  And if you think he had his own film crew there and didn't plan to make an ad... You'll behave exactly as I've come to expect.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 01, 2024, 05:23:36 PM »
I'm part of society. I know that it is no longer the year 1650. Celebrations of Life are a thing now. I can show you memorial pictures of people laughing, joking, celebrating, dancing, showing peace signs and giving each other high fives. Again, who exactly is giving this rule that it is inappropriate to celebrate at cemeteries or memorials?

The closest rule the ANC cites against using photography for political purposes refers to the Hatch Act for how federal employees may conduct themselves -  "'Additionally, ANC will not authorize any filming for partisan, political or fundraising purposes,' citing the Hatch Act, which governs how federal employees can weigh in on political activities."

Federal employees may be limited by the Hatch Act in their political speech (with threat of dismissal or civil penalties, not criminal penalties), but not private citizens. Receiving presidential pension benefits doesn't make Trump a federal employee. He also never agreed to follow any rules in relation to that. The only employment contract a President agrees to when taking office is the famous oath of office of the president of the United States. There is no employee contract which says that the President will agree follow x rules upon taking office, for obvious reasons.

Incidentally, this is also why you guys think that Trump was constantly breaking rules during his reign. You just don't understand that the President makes the rules for the Executive Branch and that, outside of what the Constitution says about the presidency, no rules apply to the President. The position is not a regular employee.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2024, 06:42:05 PM by Tom Bishop »

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 01, 2024, 08:29:32 PM »
I'm part of society. I know that it is no longer the year 1650. Celebrations of Life are a thing now. I can show you memorial pictures of people laughing, joking, celebrating, dancing, showing peace signs and giving each other high fives. Again, who exactly is giving this rule that it is inappropriate to celebrate at cemeteries or memorials?
When someone was murdered and their family is there.  I'm sure if your mother died and someone gave a thumbs up at their grave while posing with you, you'd find it disrespectful.  Or maybe not if you have no love for your mom.   But yes, generallys peaking, thumbs up to Dead Soldier graves is considered bad in American society.  Especially when given the context of "We want to remember how they were taken from us by terrorists."

The closest rule the ANC cites against using photography for political purposes refers to the Hatch Act for how federal employees may conduct themselves -  "'Additionally, ANC will not authorize any filming for partisan, political or fundraising purposes,' citing the Hatch Act, which governs how federal employees can weigh in on political activities."

Federal employees may be limited by the Hatch Act in their political speech (with threat of dismissal or civil penalties, not criminal penalties), but not private citizens. Receiving presidential pension benefits doesn't make Trump a federal employee. He also never agreed to follow any rules in relation to that. The only employment contract a President agrees to when taking office is the famous oath of office of the president of the United States. There is no employee contract which says that the President will agree follow x rules upon taking office, for obvious reasons.

Incidentally, this is also why you guys think that Trump was constantly breaking rules during his reign. You just don't understand that the President makes the rules for the Executive Branch and that, outside of what the Constitution says about the presidency, no rules apply to the President. The position is not a regular employee.
Memo of regulations passed down by the DEPARTMENT OF THE ARMY in 2022.

(8) Filming or photographing will not be permitted if it conveys the impression that
cemetery officials or any visitor or family member is endorsing any product, service or
organization. Additionally, ANC will not authorize any filming for partisan, political or
fundraising purposes, in accordance with the Hatch Act, 32 CFR 553, and AR 360-1.

32 CFR 553
(c) Memorial services and ceremonies at Army National Military Cemeteries will not include partisan political activities.

AR 360-1
(7) Military installations will not be used by any incumbents or new office-seeking candidates, their staff members,
or their campaign representatives for political campaign or election events, to include—public assemblies or town hall
meetings, polling or voting sites, speeches, fund-raisers, press conferences, postelection celebrations, or concession
addresses. This policy does not prohibit members of Congress and other elected officials from visiting military
installations to receive briefings, tours, or other official DOD information. Candidates that visit military installations to
conduct official business are not permitted to engage in any political campaign or election activity during the visit. The
PA personnel must notify their command Congressional affairs contact officer or the Office of the Chief of Legislative
Liaison (OCLL) to provide visibility on all Congressional-affiliated visits of elected officials. Personnel who work in
ARNG armories and other state facilities should review applicable state law for additional guidance and restrictions.

Now how does this apply to the Hatch act? 
The cemebary is owned and operated by the Department of the Army and is considered a military installation.  While visitation is allowed (with restrictions), the cemetary must also act in accordance with the above laws.  The hatch Act doesn't allow partisan political endorsement for federal employees and locations.  Which includes... Cemeteries owned by the Army.  So in essence, the Cemetary can't allow Trump to do his political thing there as that would be seen as an endorsement of the Republican Candidate.  And since the Department of the Army has full control over who is or isn't allowed into the grounds and what they are allowed to do...

Trump basically told the Army that he is above their rules. 

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 02, 2024, 03:28:21 PM »
Big fan of these guys' videos. This one is interesting.

(Obviously our system is an equally big mess)
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 05, 2024, 06:32:55 PM »
Donald Trump outlined a suite of economic proposals in a speech here Thursday, including formally introducing a government efficiency commission to be headed by Elon Musk

Nice.

Offline Shane

• If you will it, it is no dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 05, 2024, 08:10:12 PM »
Donald Trump outlined a suite of economic proposals in a speech here Thursday, including formally introducing a government efficiency commission to be headed by Elon Musk

Nice.

This would unlock tremendous prosperity for America
Quote from: Rushy
How do you know you weren't literally given metaphorical wings?

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 05, 2024, 08:48:25 PM »
Musk would likely mandate Twitter use for official communications to cut down on paper usage.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 06, 2024, 01:41:22 AM »
When someone was murdered and their family is there.  I'm sure if your mother died and someone gave a thumbs up at their grave while posing with you, you'd find it disrespectful.  Or maybe not if you have no love for your mom.   But yes, generallys peaking, thumbs up to Dead Soldier graves is considered bad in American society.  Especially when given the context of "We want to remember how they were taken from us by terrorists."

This can be avoided by being able to read the room.

Quote from: Lord Dave

In the area of US free speech, he is. The US Army can't tell me what political commentary I can't make on Twitter, for example. The restrictions of the kinds of activities they allow on their grounds doesn't extend to what I write in my home.

Big fan of these guys' videos. This one is interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwBslntC3xg

(Obviously our system is an equally big mess)

Measurement bias isn't unique to the US.

See: https://www.dannydorling.org/wp-content/files/dannydorling_publication_id1322.pdf
« Last Edit: September 06, 2024, 01:47:11 AM by Tom Bishop »

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 06, 2024, 06:51:30 AM »

This can be avoided by being able to read the room.
Trump doesn't read the room, he makes sure he only goes into rooms he controls.

Quote from: Lord Dave

In the area of US free speech, he is. The US Army can't tell me what political commentary I can't make on Twitter, for example. The restrictions of the kinds of activities they allow on their grounds doesn't extend to what I write in my home.
Sure.  But that's not the issue.  The issue is the filming.  Trump can say whatever he wants on Twitter, but he can't film political ads on Army property.  Had he no film or photo crew, it wouldn't be an issue.  But for some reason, he felt it was important to make his visit public and in an ad... Why do you think that is?

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 06, 2024, 04:16:17 PM »
But for some reason, he felt it was important to make his visit public...
Here is a guy who cannot take a shit without the media trying to publicize it, and Dave is trying to pretend the wreath-laying ceremony at ANC was made public because of Trump.

Who the fuck you trying to zoom here, Dave? Don't you ever get tired of posting terrible shit?
To be honest I am getting pretty bored of this place.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 07, 2024, 01:56:37 AM »
Bringing a photographer to take pictures of you at a cemetery doesn't turn it into a political event, even if you indented to use the photos politically. You turned it political after the non-political event occurred. Keyword: after

It was agreed that if I had gone to the cemetery that the Army could not control what I say about politics or photos on Twitter. If they can't stop me from posting my political commentary on Twitter then they can't stop me planning to make political commentary before visiting the cemetery. They can only control the direct and immediate content of the events at the cemetery, and that control ends after I leave their property.

Again, the Army only has control over the immediate contents of the events at the cemetery. It does not have control over what you say politically afterwards, and it does not have control over whether you plan to say anything politically about it before visiting the cemetery. The Army does not have control over the thoughts in your head. The Army isn't an all-encompassing entity that controls the speech in your life. It can control the content of its events as much as any business can control the content of its events. If there were just photos taken there, then it's not a political event.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2024, 04:24:13 AM by Tom Bishop »

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 07, 2024, 11:53:00 AM »
But for some reason, he felt it was important to make his visit public...
Here is a guy who cannot take a shit without the media trying to publicize it, and Dave is trying to pretend the wreath-laying ceremony at ANC was made public because of Trump.

Who the fuck you trying to zoom here, Dave? Don't you ever get tired of posting terrible shit?
Can you show me a public announcement for it posted prior to the date?