Northern lights and the sun and radiation
« on: July 01, 2024, 01:28:51 AM »
What causes the northern lights? Auroras we see in the sky? How is the earth protected from radiation from the sun? How do waves happen? If a spherical earth is untrue how do pilots, who were taught to fly, with engineering and calculation derived from physics based on the earth being round, manage to fly hundreds of planes every day and not crash? If what we were taught for decades is a lie, how do we explain these things? If you jump out of a plane, going skydiving, why do you not need to immediately pull your parachute? You can wait, because the force at which you’re being pulled down to the surface gets stronger the closer you are. So when you jump from 20,000 ft. The force pulling you back down isn’t as strong as it will be at 10,000 ft. I understand being skeptical and fully embrace that, we should question things! That’s what leads to new discovery. So I ask these questions purely with the pursuit of understanding. Thank you.

Re: Northern lights and the sun and radiation
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2024, 07:31:44 AM »
If you jump out of a plane, going skydiving, why do you not need to immediately pull your parachute? You can wait, because the force at which you’re being pulled down to the surface gets stronger the closer you are. So when you jump from 20,000 ft. The force pulling you back down isn’t as strong as it will be at 10,000 ft.  Thank you.
Don't know where you get this.  FE, Earth accelerating up at constant 1g; RE, skydiver accelerating down at 1g.  Only thing that changes with altitude is an increase in drag due to increased air density, which mitigates against further acceleration, and which I don't think FE dispute. 

I'm a roundy, btw.