Re: Constellations and their respective hemispheres
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2014, 09:05:44 AM »
Irrelevant. As I stated earlier, with a powerful enough telescope you would be able to see the stars again. Also if the FET was true the the Sun, also a star, would clearly become visible again. Which it does not.
How, in your opinion, would a telescope alter or counteract the transparency of the atmolayer? Can we extrapolate from that and conclude that a "powerful enough" telescope could see through any substance? I'd really like to lay my hands on that x-ray vision technology.

What you would need to penetrate the "atmolayer" or whatever it's called is a telescope with infrared capabilities. IR has a longer wavelength that can pass through dense clouds and atmosphere where visible light cannot.

Rama Set

« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2014, 12:08:40 PM »
I don't see how you came to that conclusion, but OK.

How did you come to the conclusion that periodic changes in luminescence necessitates movement?

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2014, 02:29:20 PM »
What you would need to penetrate the "atmolayer" or whatever it's called is a telescope with infrared capabilities. IR has a longer wavelength that can pass through dense clouds and atmosphere where visible light cannot.

I can assure you infrared does the opposite of what you seem to think it does. Nearly everything absorbs IR radiation, it doesn't get as far as visible light through most substances, including the atmoplane.

« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2014, 03:19:57 PM »

I can assure you infrared does the opposite of what you seem to think it does. Nearly everything absorbs IR radiation, it doesn't get as far as visible light through most substances, including the atmoplane.

My bad haha. IR works so well when used.. in orbit around the globe.. anyways even with that annoying atmospheric distortion we can still see beyond it. Take the Mauna Kea Observatory for example. High in altitude like it is we can indeed observe with it. If the FEM was correct then logically with the MKO we would still be able to see those pesky little stars (not so) far above us. Unfortunately we can't due to that darned curvature of the Earth.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 03:22:29 PM by MountainDrew »

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2014, 03:29:58 PM »
Alternatively, we can't do that because the atmosphere is still too thick from that POV.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline Shmeggley

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2014, 03:55:50 PM »

Which is why sunsets appear blue, because all the longer wavelength light, like reds and IR, are absorbed by the air.  ::)

« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2014, 04:05:00 PM »
Alternatively, we can't do that because the atmosphere is still too thick from that POV.

Unfortunately that is not true. Riddle me this. In FET is the atmosphere to thick to see an an object let's say roughly 384,000 km away from Earth? I mean if you can't see stars only what, 3,000 miles away, what about an object that far?

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2014, 04:14:27 PM »
Unfortunately that is not true.
Could you provide some reasoning to support that?

« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2014, 04:22:49 PM »
Unfortunately that is not true.
Could you provide some reasoning to support that?

It's simple really my POV is supported by facts, evidence, and observation. Your POV is supported by conspiracy theories, far out theoretical ideas, and pseudoscience. Care to answer what I asked btw? 

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2014, 04:34:07 PM »
It's simple really my POV is supported by facts, evidence, and observation.
Okay, feel free to present those. I'm particularly curious about the "facts", since science doesn't deal with those.

Care to answer what I asked btw? 
Of course, right after you're done backing up (or retracting) your misconstrued claims.

Ghost of V

« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2014, 04:40:07 PM »
I don't see how you came to that conclusion, but OK.

How did you come to the conclusion that periodic changes in luminescence necessitates movement?

Numerous scientific & medical journals back up my claims.

You really need to brush up on your ophthalmology.

« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2014, 05:09:43 PM »
It's simple really my POV is supported by facts, evidence, and observation.
Okay, feel free to present those. I'm particularly curious about the "facts", since science doesn't deal with those.

Care to answer what I asked btw? 
Of course, right after you're done backing up (or retracting) your misconstrued claims.

Hmm.. some facts..  lets see.. Well photographic evidence surely supports my POV. The fact that you can see the arc of the curvature of the Earth from the air ( much easier seen over water). With a flat plane there would be no distinguishable arc. Fact the orbit of our satellites are based on spherical principles. Fact it can be observed that the sun is a spherical object that gives off light in every direction. If the sun acts essentially as a lighthouse why then does light from the sun reflect off of the moon if it is facing the earth?

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2014, 05:24:15 PM »
Hmm.. some facts..  lets see.. Well photographic evidence surely supports my POV.
You have photographic evidence of stars that shouldn't be seen from a given point of view by Round Earth standards? Holy shit, please post them immediately, that would settle the debate once and for all! I'm so excited for this new FE evidence you claim to have!

The fact that you can see the arc of the curvature of the Earth from the air ( much easier seen over water).
See: Electromagnetic accelerator.

With a flat plane there would be no distinguishable arc.
This is incorrect under virtually any Flat Earth model.

Fact the orbit of our satellites are based on spherical principles.
Please substantiate this claim, keeping in mind that you used the word fact.

Fact it can be observed that the sun is a spherical object that gives off light in every direction.

If the sun acts essentially as a lighthouse why then does light from the sun reflect off of the moon if it is facing the earth?
It doesn't.

Offline Gulliver

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2014, 09:43:20 PM »
The fact that you can see the arc of the curvature of the Earth from the air ( much easier seen over water).
MD, don't bother with the EA. Until FEers determine that the so-called Bishop Constant is not zero, the EA is irrelevant and not worth your time. (When the Bishop Constant is zero the entire effect of the EA is zero.)
Don't rely on FEers for history or physics.
[Hampton] never did [go to prison] and was never found guilty of libel.
The ISS doesn't accelerate.

« Reply #34 on: August 28, 2014, 03:03:51 AM »
You have photographic evidence of stars that shouldn't be seen from a given point of view by Round Earth standards? Holy shit, please post them immediately, that would settle the debate once and for all! I'm so excited for this new FE evidence you claim to have!

I mean in terms of photographic evidence of a spherical Earth

False. You can still see the arc with nothing but dim moonlight.

With a flat plane there would be no distinguishable arc.
This is incorrect under virtually any Flat Earth model.

How so?

Fact the orbit of our satellites are based on spherical principles.

See mathematics of satellite motion
http://www.physicsclassroom.com/class/circles/Lesson-4/Mathematics-of-Satellite-Motion

Fact it can be observed that the sun is a spherical object that gives off light in every direction.

The sun's reflection off of the moon even the planets is substantial enough

If the sun acts essentially as a lighthouse why then does light from the sun reflect off of the moon if it is facing the earth?
It doesn't.
[/quote]

It can be observed that the sun rotates on it's axis making one full rotation every 25 days. That would leave us with a period of darkness every 25 days if it truly acted as a lighthouse. Even if the sun where revolving around the earth it still rotates. The principles about the lighthouse concept do not work. Also simply saying that the Sun's rays do no reflect off of the moon does not refute what I said. Please provide where the light reflecting off of the moon comes from.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 29, 2014, 01:16:13 AM »
No, I'm saying that is impossible. You say you have facts and evidence to disprove that notion. Post 'em up or retract your claim, please.

False. You can still see the arc with nothing but dim moonlight.
Which is perfectly consistent with EAT.

How so?
By way of there being a distinguishable arc in virtually any modern FE model.

See mathematics of satellite motion
http://www.physicsclassroom.com/class/circles/Lesson-4/Mathematics-of-Satellite-Motion
Right, so you have a hypothetical explanation, not facts. Thanks.

The sun's reflection off of the moon even the planets is substantial enough
I'm sorry, could you write coherently?

Please provide where the light reflecting off of the moon comes from.
The moon.

Offline model 29

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 02, 2014, 04:41:00 PM »
If the stars are all about 3100 miles overhead, then how do the constellations maintain the same shape since I'm viewing them from different angles as the night progresses?

Ghost of V

« Reply #37 on: September 02, 2014, 05:19:37 PM »
If the stars are all about 3100 miles overhead, then how do the constellations maintain the same shape since I'm viewing them from different angles as the night progresses?

Atmospheric refraction.

Offline Gulliver

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 02, 2014, 05:50:48 PM »

Atmospheric refraction.
Nope. That's unbelievable. Please demonstrate your outlandish claim by working an example. Let's go with Ursa major as viewed tonight from 45o N at just after sunset, midnight, and just before sunrise. Tell us how you determined the atmolayeric refraction, and its amount for each star in all three times and that it caused, ever so conveniently, the observed consistency of the constellation's shape and size.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 06:07:34 PM by Gulliver »
Don't rely on FEers for history or physics.
[Hampton] never did [go to prison] and was never found guilty of libel.
The ISS doesn't accelerate.

Rama Set

« Reply #39 on: September 02, 2014, 05:53:03 PM »

Atmospheric refraction.

What medium does the light from the stars travel through before entering the atmosphere?