Re: Simple Experiments
« Reply #120 on: March 16, 2021, 11:26:21 PM »
I can stay silent on this no longer.

Like the moon tilt illusion, the pointing spheres illusion is just that, an illusion.  It only works when one views it in a single plane.  Like the string, once Little Mothra joins the picture the illusion is broken.

The only object seen in the correct orientation, pointing in a straight line at the source, by red, white, and bug at the same time is the orange cone.

Offline WTF_Seriously

• Sorry folks. The Earth is round
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 22, 2021, 02:51:10 PM »
The moon tilt exchange has been interesting. I believe the RE explanation for what we see has been exhausted.  What no one has yet to do is fully examine the FE explanation for moon tilt.
https://wiki.tfes.org/Moon_Tilt_Illusion
So, let’s examine how EA and moon tilt would actually work on FE.  We can then compare Tom’s ball experiment to what we expect.
Here’s a slight modification of the WIKI page with the moon shown as it would be at the 3rd quarter. I only did this to line up the sun direction arrow accurately with the moon’s tilt.

Below the WIKI side view, I have drawn (at the suggestion of a previous poster) what we would see looking down at the sun and moon from above them.   In reality, two simple things determine moon tilt under FE and EA.  First, whichever side of the moon’s terminator line a viewer is on, that side of the moon will appear facing up.  This is what the WIKI side view successfully depicts.  Second, whichever side of an observer the sun’s direct path line falls on as a viewer looks at the moon will be the direction which the upper side of the moon will face. So, in the illustration, observer A would see the dark side up facing right.  Observer B would see the lit side up facing left. Observer C would see the lit side up facing right.  Observer D would see the dark side up facing left.
The other things to mention are first, anytime a viewer is on the direct path line of the sun and moon the moon terminator will be horizontal.  Second, anytime a viewer is on the terminator line the terminator will be vertical.  These facts are independent of the distance to the moon and sun of the viewer.  Distance only changes altitude angle, not moon tilt, in the FE-EA model.
The WIKI does a good job of explaining how moon tilt would change depending on a viewer’s orientation to the moon.  However, there is an equally important element to moon tilt which it doesn’t specifically address.  That is the sun’s relation to the moon.  I’ve illustrated the effect below.

You can see that an observer with the same orientation to the moon will see a different moon tilt depending on the position of the sun.  This becomes an important factor to the EA moon tilt discussion as the sun and moon rotate around the observer in the FE model.
With this in mind, let’s examine Tom’s ball experiment.  Tom presents his own picture of the moon taken from the bay area, Feb. 21, 2021 around 5:27 PM. The lit side of the moon is clearly facing up and to Tom's right.

https://i.imgur.com/eSmtd9N.jpg

Here is a diagram of the locations of the sun and moon as they orbit the north pole in relation to the bay area at that time. 

The N-S line is centered near Santa Clara There are actually two horizontal lines showing the limits of Concord and Santa Cruz to the north and south.  If pressed, I’ll detail the drawing but I won’t take the space up here.  The intersection of the sunlight path to the moon occurs at about 45 deg. N.  That’s roughly Salem, Oregon. What this clearly shows is that that Tom would be in quadrant B above (lit side facing Tom with sun line passing over left shoulder.) Based on what I detailed in the quadrants above the lit side of the moon should be facing up and left of Tom at the time the photo was taken if the FE-EA model is correct.
Lol "Everyone is Wrong and LiEeInG"
That is a desperate argument from a losing position. An argument from a position of strength would have positive evidence for that position.

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 22, 2021, 05:02:03 PM »
I want to know what is the simplest experiment that one can do in their neighborhood or community without expensive  equipment or a lot of commitment. ...

Using the principles of Bedford Canal experiment, outlined in the Wiki (https://wiki.tfes.org/Experimental_Evidence#The_Bedford_Canal_Experiments), find yourself a location where you can look out from land over a body of water with objects of known height on or beyond the water.

Confirm your own observation height with reliable terrain maps, GPS elevation apps on phone, established benchmarks on hills, and such, and match your observation height to a selected object; a bridge tower, lighthouse, island, lighthouse on an island, etc.

Determine if all objects of the same height as you present themselves at the same height, are in the same sightline, or if they fall below this as per Rowbotham's second illustration.

Illus 1

Illus 2

I have examples.

If you can find a situation where you look out from height A at a 'flag' of height A, and that 'flag' appears to be higher in your sightline than the higher 'flag' which is beyond it ... then you would appear to be mirroring Rowbotham's round earth illustration.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 05:21:34 PM by Tumeni »
=============================
Not Flat. Happy to prove this, if you ask me.

Nearly all flat earthers agree the earth is not a globe.

Nearly?

Offline scomato

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 22, 2021, 05:02:09 PM »
@Tom

NASA recently took a photo from the 'other angle' that you hypothesized in your sun-ball photo demonstration. This photo was taken by the Deep Space Climate Observatory, that sits at Earth's L1 point. As you can very clearly see, as the Moon and the Earth are both illuminated by the same Sun, that they are illuminated in the same phase as one another. This is consistent with the fact that the Earth is a planet. This is exactly the same as the Ping Pong experiment.

Is there any rational explanation for the above photo that does not strawman into NASA being a fraudulent organization?
« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 05:04:14 PM by scomato »

Offline daniil_sedov

• Not Flat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: Today at 08:20:39 AM »
Cavendish experiment
Not Flat. Happy to prove this, if you ask me.

Offline fisherman

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: Today at 12:48:46 PM »
Fill a water bottle and punch holes along the sides so that water pours from them.  Drop the bottle at some height.

According to UA, the bottle should just hang there, with the water pouring from the holes until the earth reaches it.  But that's not what happens. 

The water stops pouring from the holes while the bottle is in free fall.