Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
Re: President Joe Biden
« Reply #1540 on: July 13, 2024, 07:25:51 AM »
Media outlets who would normally turn a blind eye to Biden's gaffes have turned against him. After Biden introduced Zelenskyy as "President Putin" at the NATO summit various mainstream outlets reported it in their headlines almost immediately - NYT, BBC, Politico, Washington Post, The Hill, Time, USA Today, etc.

NBC in specific seems to be making a special effort to disparage him on his fitness:

« Last Edit: July 13, 2024, 05:13:42 PM by Tom Bishop »

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #1541 on: July 13, 2024, 10:58:59 AM »
I don’t care about the word slips. Most people do that sort of thing and as embarrassing as the Putin thing was, he immediately corrected himself. The press leapt on it of course but the correction shows there was no genuine confusion about who he was introducing. It was a verbal slip, nothing more.
It’s the losing his thread and trailing off we saw in the debate which is of more concern.
I note in the video above the guy says that he thinks both candidates should do a more extended neurological test. My feeling is they’d probably both fail. Trump also rambles and is incoherent at times. He delivers it all with more energy and confidence, but that doesn’t mean he’s making sense.

They’re two old guys, of course they’re slowing down. Why would you want either of them running the country?
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1542 on: July 13, 2024, 06:32:08 PM »
I don’t care

That's weird, because a lot of other people do care about the embarrassing headlines.

« Last Edit: July 13, 2024, 06:56:03 PM by Tom Bishop »

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #1543 on: July 13, 2024, 06:43:51 PM »
I have no idea what AATW is complaining about. The people running the shitshow are doing exactly what he wants to have done. MORE WAR...MORE PEOPLE DYING...MORE "THE SKY IS FALLING!!! THE SJY IS FALLING!!!"

The same people are running his shot over there...

To be honest I am getting pretty bored of this place.

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #1544 on: July 13, 2024, 09:10:42 PM »
I don’t care about the verbal slip-ups

That's weird, because a lot of other people do care about the embarrassing headlines.

::)
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1545 on: July 14, 2024, 09:09:37 AM »
Wait, since when do we care about what "a lot of people" think or say? Kinda goes against our whole thing.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #1546 on: July 14, 2024, 02:30:18 PM »
You deliberately missed out the entire context to misrepresent me. How typically dishonest of you.

I was talking about his verbal slips, you are talking about the resulting headlines which I didn’t even mention.
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1547 on: July 14, 2024, 02:52:53 PM »
You deliberately missed out the entire context to misrepresent me. How typically dishonest of you.

I was talking about his verbal slips, you are talking about the resulting headlines which I didn’t even mention.

Yeah, those are related. Verbal slips create embarrassing headlines, so it's rather odd if you don't care about the verbal slips but care about the headlines.

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #1548 on: July 14, 2024, 04:24:00 PM »
Yeah, those are related. Verbal slips create embarrassing headlines, so it's rather odd if you don't care about the verbal slips but care about the headlines.
I don't care about verbal slips in the sense that they don't particularly concern me - it's not that makes me think he's not for for office. That was all very clear from my full post.
The only reason these slips cause these headlines is because of the wider concerns around Biden's cognitive abilities - there are other more concerning symptoms which I also covered in my post. I also said that I don't believe either candidate would pass the cognitive tests the man mentions in the video you posted. And in that video he says that both candidates should undergo them.
The whole world is looking on in complete bemusement that these are the two options to be President for the next 4 years. My hope is that Biden is forced to see sense and step aside.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1549 on: July 14, 2024, 04:53:27 PM »
My hope is that Biden is forced to see sense and step aside.

An important point to note in the American political system: stepping aside is not an option.

In order to get on the ballot for the election, a candidate must qualify for all 50 states and that process must be done individually. Yes, there are 50 different sets of laws that control how a person gets onto a ballot. Much of those laws require candidates apply quite early, which is why the American electoral season is so extravagantly long compared to virtually all other nations. If Biden were to "step aside", then the DNC would only be left with the handful of Literally Who candidates that bothered to try to compete with Biden for the nomination. It's just not possible to shoehorn in some other person (like Kamala). You would end up requesting voters write-in the name of the candidate. That would be disastrous.

The DNC is stuck with Biden, which is why they're responding to calls to eject him the way that they are. Biden is going to be the running candidate for the DNC and that's that.

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #1550 on: July 14, 2024, 05:58:01 PM »
This'll be a shock, guys, but Rushy is talking out of his ass. Of course it's possible to replace Biden with a viable candidate on the ballot:

https://www.cnn.com/2024/07/11/politics/biden-replacement-process-dnc/index.html

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1551 on: July 14, 2024, 06:21:23 PM »
This'll be a shock, guys, but Rushy is talking out of his ass. Of course it's possible to replace Biden with a viable candidate on the ballot:

https://www.cnn.com/2024/07/11/politics/biden-replacement-process-dnc/index.html

Oh no, not a CNN article! This is the equivalent of "here's how Bernie can still win". Do better, honk. Googling "how to replace Biden" and linking to the first article you find is not the epic gotcha you think it is.

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #1552 on: July 14, 2024, 06:56:18 PM »
Oh, don't mind me; that was for the benefit of everyone else. But go ahead, feel free to donut/walnut to your heart's content.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1553 on: July 14, 2024, 07:09:30 PM »
Here's how Biden can still be replaced.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1554 on: July 14, 2024, 07:51:08 PM »
Here's how Biden can still be replaced.
  • He quits
  • He dies
  • The delegates break tradition and vote for someone else and SCOTUS allows it.
The conviction will get overturned on appeal.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1555 on: July 15, 2024, 04:04:57 PM »
The matter is closed. Biden is the the Dem candidate, so that's who you vote for. I'm sorry you don't like who was chosen months ago to be the candidate, but that is how our system works and THAT is how you defeat fascism.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1556 on: July 15, 2024, 06:07:37 PM »
Months ago?

Dude was chosen eality on as campaign season began and he wasn't dead.

Regardless, I'm just salty that Trump has a real chance of winning and implement project 2025.
The conviction will get overturned on appeal.

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #1557 on: July 15, 2024, 06:48:10 PM »
A good chance? Trump is definitely winning. I was pretty sure he would after the debate, and now I'm entirely sure.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1558 on: July 15, 2024, 07:03:53 PM »
Four months is a long time for anything to happen. Hillary might have had a far better election night had Comey not nuked her from high orbit just days before the election.

Maybe ol' Joe can have a gold medal Olympic sharpshooter put a round through his nose to compete with Trump.

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #1559 on: July 15, 2024, 07:45:37 PM »
Months ago?

Dude was chosen eality on as campaign season began and he wasn't dead.

Regardless, I'm just salty that Trump has a real chance of winning and implement project 2025.
Please spell out what factual issues you have with Project 2025, or is it just another bot post.
To be honest I am getting pretty bored of this place.