Offline stack

• View Profile
Re: Skylab
« Reply #40 on: February 07, 2019, 10:10:37 PM »

That is indeed a strange video.  Preliminary observations:  look at the two "water bubble scenes", the only scenes that couldn't be done with wires:  both are less than 40 seconds when slowed down to 25%

I don't see any wires. Can you point them out?

Offline George Jetson

• Question Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 08, 2019, 12:39:21 AM »
The more I watch it, the more it looks like most of it was shot underwater, perhaps aided with very thin wires, in neutral buoyancy conditions.  Nobody's head is seen for more than a few minutes at a time and there are a number of cuts so breath holding time isn't an issue.  Everything looks suspended in water.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2019, 12:42:07 AM by George Jetson »
If you've proven yourself able to make arguments that make him/her experience cognitive dissonance, Max_Almond will whine about you in his/her signature (this means you, George Jetson, Baby Thork, Sandokhan, Tom Bishop, and Totallackey).

Offline George Jetson

• Question Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 08, 2019, 12:47:17 AM »
As for running around in a circle, do you understand how moving in a circle works? You calling this impossible, imo, calls into question the rest of your concerns about this video. That's very simple physics going on right there. Go spin a bucket of water around on the end of a string. The force being applied is always towards the center, yet it doesn't ever end up there. Why? Same thing. (I'd also note your assertion that it's happening on a vomit comet would produce zero-g circumstances and render this a feat impossible there too, leaving you *required* to have wires which simply isn't the case)

Nonsense.  The force in question here is the force of the astronauts feet upon the circle thing which produces a linear force perpendicular to the surface of contact.  The point about the bucket is irrelevant:  If what we are told about Skylab is correct there is no centrifugal force acting upon the astronauts except for the minute amount of centrifugal force upon the entire satellite due to orbiting around the Earth; whereas the water is contained by the bucket and moving in unison with it as it is being moved along the circle.  Your argument requires Skylab to be spinning like a gravitron amusement park ride. As far as the "calling into question" stuff:  ad hominem fallacy.
You're ignoring their initial momentum.
What initial momentum?  You'll have to elaborate
If you've proven yourself able to make arguments that make him/her experience cognitive dissonance, Max_Almond will whine about you in his/her signature (this means you, George Jetson, Baby Thork, Sandokhan, Tom Bishop, and Totallackey).

Offline stack

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 08, 2019, 01:11:35 AM »
The more I watch it, the more it looks like most of it was shot underwater, perhaps aided with very thin wires, in neutral buoyancy conditions.  Nobody's head is seen for more than a few minutes at a time and there are a number of cuts so breath holding time isn't an issue.  Everything looks suspended in water.

Perhaps that's why they use neutral buoyancy tanks to train for weightlessness. I'm not seeing any bubbles, no hair-in-water/clothes-in-water typical movement, no wires, the way certain objects just seem to revolve/move unlike they would specifically underwater. That would be some seriously impressive breath holding considering some of the long takes and the fact that the film is sped way up.

All in all, literally anything can be faked. I'm not saying this is real, I just don't see what you see and any evidence that it is definitely fake.

So to recap, skylab fackery:

- 40 second parbolas (Longest we know of)
- Sections of skylab 'sets' built into our largest military plane of the day to perform parabolas
- Any footage longer than what a parabola could offer is underwater
- Water experiments, unknown at the moment
- I suppose astronauts outside = water tanks
- Images of earth = mattes and such

Did I miss anything?

Offline George Jetson

• Question Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 08, 2019, 01:13:47 AM »

That is indeed a strange video.  Preliminary observations:  look at the two "water bubble scenes", the only scenes that couldn't be done with wires:  both are less than 40 seconds when slowed down to 25%

Can you point any out in this video (starting at 16:44)? 

Offline stack

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 08, 2019, 01:18:55 AM »

Can you point any out in this video (starting at 16:44)? 

See the wires? No. See the obvious jerky movement of objects suspended by wires? Yes.