Yaakov ben Avraham

Re: Ask a Jew anything.
« Reply #160 on: August 28, 2014, 02:47:27 AM »
Well, Lord Wilimore is not, and there are several more who are not. But there are several who are. I simply see myself as filling a social need by pointing out who the idiots are.

Offline Particle Person

• Planar Moderator
  • born 2 b b&
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: August 28, 2014, 02:49:36 AM »
We are all truly indebted to you for this valuable service. In fact, you probably already know exactly how much we owe you, since you're a Jew lmao
Your mom is when your mom and you arent your mom.

Yaakov ben Avraham

« Reply #162 on: August 28, 2014, 02:56:14 AM »
Ah, yes, let me see, that will cost you $22.34. Joking aside though, I think my answer to that question was sufficient. It is not a topic I like to discuss for obvious reasons. But, alright. There you are.

Yaakov ben Avraham

« Reply #163 on: August 28, 2014, 03:16:26 AM »
Only "Palestinians" could agree to the same exact cease-fire that they had refused weeks ago, after watching 2,100 of their people die, and call it a victory. These people are truly, without a doubt, at least in leadership, the dumbest, sorriest ass fuckers on earth.

Ghost of V

« Reply #164 on: August 28, 2014, 04:18:45 AM »
Are the Jews a race of people or followers of a religion? I've seen it go both ways. Furthermore, if I convert to Judaism do I become a Jew? Or am I a white man practicing Judaism?

Also, on a more personal note, how is your marriage? Are there any things you can't do in bed because you're a Jew or is it pretty much free reign? Who usually wears the pants in a Jew relationship? Is it God?
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 04:22:33 AM by Vauxhall »

« Reply #165 on: August 28, 2014, 09:36:03 AM »
Can you make a golem?

Yaakov ben Avraham

« Reply #166 on: August 28, 2014, 01:23:51 PM »
Judaism is an ethnoreligious group. A person converting to Judaism is joining the ethnoreligious group. So a Caucasian man, or a Black man, or an Australian Aboriginal man (not that I've ever known any) who became a Jew would be classified a Jew in the full sense of the word.

Some things shouldn't be done in bed like having sex during your wife's monthly flow, or anal sex (forgive me for putting it so bluntly). I don't know of anything else that is directly forbidden in the sexual realm. Traditionally, the man was the "biblical head of his household" in an Orthodox Jewish home, and in such homes, that is often still the case. But in more modern environments, that is oft-times no longer the case, and the couple is more egalitarian. In my home, we are more egalitarian.

Of course, even in the more traditional home, God is considered ultimately to be the head of household. Its kind of odd, because on one hand, traditional Jews are taught that women are closer to God in some ways. They don't have to pray as much, and synagogue attendance for them is not required the way it is for men. At the same time, because they don't do those things, they are generally not as learned.

Part of the problem lies in their different responsibilities. As keepers of the home they don't have time to read the holy books the way men do. All we have to do is work. Our job is actually much easier than theirs. Lets just say its complicated.

Now, the last question about making golems is truly stupid.

Offline beardo

• View Profile
« Reply #167 on: August 28, 2014, 01:49:10 PM »
What do you have against stupid questions?
The Mastery.

« Reply #168 on: August 28, 2014, 02:54:36 PM »

They had a golem on the X Files.

Offline markjo

• Zetetic Council runner-up
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: August 28, 2014, 04:05:47 PM »
So you're saying that Judah Loew ben Bezalel didn't create a golem to defend the Prague ghetto? ???
Abandon hope all ye who press enter here.

Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge. -- Charles Darwin

If you can't demonstrate it, then you shouldn't believe it.

Yaakov ben Avraham

« Reply #170 on: August 28, 2014, 04:11:21 PM »
Was this in the X Files?

« Reply #171 on: August 28, 2014, 04:51:11 PM »
Read further for clarification. I'm not suggesting we DELIBERATELY bomb civilians. I am suggesting we take away ISIL's ability to make war. If that means knowing that some civilians are going to turn into dogmeat, so be it.

Why do you believe that we shouldn't deliberately bomb Arab civilians?
I have visited from prestigious research institutions of the highest caliber, to which only our administrator holds with confidence.

Online Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: August 28, 2014, 06:53:20 PM »
IRUSH, I would be forced to conclude that you are an idiot, not that I haven't already,

If you think that it is a dumb idea, why are you already doing it?

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: August 30, 2014, 11:27:22 AM »
I have a question about something you said.

You spoke of how Jews bought land from absentee Arab landlords and implied that everyone was OK with the sales.
If Muslims want all Jews dead, why did those Arabs (who were likely Muslim) not only approve the sale but not slaughter the infadels immediately?  Aren't they commanded by God to murder?
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Yaakov ben Avraham

« Reply #174 on: August 30, 2014, 11:44:21 AM »
Most of them were not Arabs, but Turkish. They were USUALLY part of the Turkish administration or upper crust of society who could have given a shite about who owned what where in "Palestine", whether they were Jews or Felahin. The Turkish may be Muslim, but they are first, Turkish. That has ALWAYS made them a little strange. As non-Arabs, they have some different motives than the Arabs do.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2014, 11:46:31 AM by Yaakov ben Avraham »

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: August 30, 2014, 12:51:23 PM »
Most of them were not Arabs, but Turkish. They were USUALLY part of the Turkish administration or upper crust of society who could have given a shite about who owned what where in "Palestine", whether they were Jews or Felahin. The Turkish may be Muslim, but they are first, Turkish. That has ALWAYS made them a little strange. As non-Arabs, they have some different motives than the Arabs do.
And what about the Muslims nearby?  Why did they not slaughter the Jews?

Also, did you just claim the existence of a moderate Muslim?
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

« Reply #176 on: August 30, 2014, 03:00:43 PM »
Was this in the X Files?

No, the Prague story is on Wikipedia.

Yaakov ben Avraham

« Reply #177 on: August 31, 2014, 01:58:15 AM »
LORD DAVE, Ever heard of the Hebron Massacre of I think 1929? And Turks are confusing. I don't know what they are, but given Erdogan's antics, I don't know how much I trust their so-called "moderation".

As far as Golems go, that is entirely new one me. I admit! It must Kabbalistic stuff. I'll look into it and get back to you.

Offline markjo

• Zetetic Council runner-up
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: August 31, 2014, 02:14:50 AM »
Where can I get a good bacon cheeseburger?
Abandon hope all ye who press enter here.

Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge. -- Charles Darwin

If you can't demonstrate it, then you shouldn't believe it.

Online Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: August 31, 2014, 02:22:00 AM »
The Bible forbids that you wear clothing made of multiple materials. Do you attempt to follow this? If so, how clearly do you define multiple materials?