Re: Who created god?
« Reply #40 on: December 21, 2018, 01:57:23 AM »
Sounds like an amazing experience. I have had the feeling of time falling away and perceiving the totality of reality. It’s a profound experience.

Do you think it is a coincidence that when our consciousness is thwarted, or removed entirely, that we generally experience a 'connectedness' with the universe? I don't think it is a coincidence at all. I think we are actually connected to the universe in the way we perceive it during those moments of hypnotic or psychedelic trance. We are just incapable of experiencing those things during normal conscious operation because our brains are so very well adapt to perceiving reality as most of us do. In fact, some would say that our conscious reality as we know it is merely a controlled hallucination in itself. Our brains are wired to receive (and perceive) a plethora of experiences, but our normal brain chemistry keeps things pretty well contained.
"noche te ipsum"

"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough."  - Albert Einstein

Online Rama Set

• Round and round...
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 21, 2018, 02:45:06 AM »
We certainly feel more connected to our world when we diminish our egos and pay attention to our surroundings. To me, whether or not that is an inherent property of consciousness is irrelevant. The experience and the wisdom it teaches is what matters.
You don't get races of anything ... accept people.

« Reply #42 on: December 21, 2018, 06:32:44 AM »
Well said you guys. Nice to see people getting along. :)
If you've proven yourself immune to logic and incapable of reasonable debate, please understand that I won't be paying you much heed (this means you, Baby Thork, Sandokhan, Tom Bishop, and Totallackey).