Offline Boodidlie

• God is sovereign and I'm just along for the ride
    • View Profile
    • dadmansabode
Re: Is God possible?
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2019, 01:54:10 PM »
Romans 01:21 .. for even though they knew God .. they did not honor him as God or give thanks ..
but they became futile in their speculations .. and their foolish heart was darkened
01:22 .. professing to be wise .. they became fools
01:23 .. and exchanged the glory of the incorruptible God for an image in the form of corruptible man and of birds and four-footed animals
and crawling creatures ....... [ aliens ?? ]
01:24 .. therefore God gave them over in the lusts of their hearts to impurity .. so that their bodies would be dishonored among them
01:25 .. for they exchanged the truth of God for a lie .. and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator .. who is blessed forever . . . amen

-----------------
attributing deity to anything and everything BUT the one who is worthy - the one and only God of all creation

« Last Edit: May 15, 2019, 06:35:04 PM by Boodidlie »
..................................................... ><> God's ability is according to his will <><

Offline timterroo

• domo arigato gozaimashita
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2019, 07:13:32 PM »
Romans 01:21 .. for even though they knew God .. they did not honor him as God or give thanks ..
but they became futile in their speculations .. and their foolish heart was darkened
01:22 .. professing to be wise .. they became fools
01:23 .. and exchanged the glory of the incorruptible God for an image in the form of corruptible man and of birds and four-footed animals
and crawling creatures ....... [ aliens ?? ]
01:24 .. therefore God gave them over in the lusts of their hearts to impurity .. so that their bodies would be dishonored among them
01:25 .. for they exchanged the truth of God for a lie .. and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator .. who is blessed forever . . . amen

-----------------
attributing deity to anything and everything BUT the one who is worthy - the one and only God of all creation

2 Corinthians 13:5 English Standard Version (ESV)

5 Examine yourselves, to see whether you are in the faith. Test yourselves. Or do you not realize this about yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you?—unless indeed you fail to meet the test!

Is it wrong to question God's existence? I think God encourages it.
"noche te ipsum"

"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Fortuna

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2019, 05:55:27 PM »
With more and more physicists now entertaining the simulation theory, it seems theists and atheists are slowly coming together in the conclusion that we were created in some sense. The only question that remains is the specific circumstance of our creation, and where on the scale of power our progenitor lies. The creator of our simulation would certainly appear to be supernatural to us, and would possess infinite power over our own universe, if the simulation theory ends up being true.

Certainly, if you consider the idea of an infinite multiverse, and that the most powerful possible being exists within it, then that being would probably be a literal god to us. But I also don’t think it would care in the slightest what we do, whether we go to church on Sundays, or even consider us at all.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2019, 06:06:35 PM by Fortuna »
I stopped going to the gym because of Trump. Now I can't open jars