Offline jimster

• View Profile
amateur radio operators
« on: March 17, 2019, 07:13:38 PM »
Amateur radio operators think they are using satellites they built as relays for long distances using line-of-sight frequencies.

https://www.amsat.org/

They think they are going to use SpaceX to launch their new satellite.

They think they point highly directional antennas at their own satellites and successfully broadcast to someone far away all the time.

Search youtube or google "amateur radio satellite", many many hams all over the world, moonbounce, talking to ISS, aiming their antennas with RE geometry, etc.

Here are the things hams think about RE:

Are there any FE hams? Will there ever be?
I am really curious about so many FE things, like how at sunset in Denver, people in St Louis see the dome as dark with stars, while people in Salt Lake City see the same dome as light blue. FE scientists don't know or won't tell me.

Re: amateur radio operators
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2019, 02:42:00 PM »
Some science is very difficult from the Round Earth perspective some science is very difficult from the Flat Earth perspective that just be how it is my man. :)

Re: amateur radio operators
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2019, 07:09:43 PM »
Some science is very difficult from the Round Earth perspective some science is very difficult from the Flat Earth perspective that just be how it is my man. :)

Is that how we solve problems? Just stating that its difficult to explain? That sounds to me like just brushing off an obvious problem