Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Star Citizen
« Reply #380 on: March 30, 2019, 04:27:00 PM »
I've been playing 3.5 for about a week now. What I thought was just a serious bug is actually an intended feature according to Chris Roberts:

Ships Constellation-sized and smaller will not be able to make long jumps. That is, for example, an Avenger will not be able to jump from Crusader to ArcCorp without overheating/damaging its engines. I thought this was a bug, as when I used an Avenger, I was stopping multiple times due to an overheat warning in 3.5 while trying to travel to ArcCorp.

Offline Fortuna

• View Profile
« Reply #381 on: March 31, 2019, 06:05:20 AM »
I can maybe understand fighters not being able to make the jump, but Connie sized ships? That's fucking dumb bro.
I stopped going to the gym because of Trump. Now I can't open jars

Offline Fortuna

• View Profile
« Reply #382 on: April 02, 2019, 06:49:05 AM »
After several hours playing around with 3.5, I think the game is starting to become enjoyable. If it weren't for the random crashes, I'd probably play it as a regular game. Once full persistence is in, maybe we should start playing for real since all our stuff will stay patch to patch and we can begin building our empire.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2019, 06:51:15 AM by Fortuna »

Offline Parsifal

• Administrator
  • A couple of bums
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: April 02, 2019, 07:05:17 AM »
Once full persistence is in, maybe we should start playing for real

This has been the idea for about the past 3 years now.

Note, however, that even once full persistence is in for the alpha, all the state is likely going to be reset for the final release so that everyone can start on a level footing (modulo ridiculously priced OP ships).
Besides by you claiming FES isn't associated with anything out in the real you have shown any growth 

Offline Fortuna

• View Profile
« Reply #384 on: April 02, 2019, 06:00:58 PM »
Once full persistence is in, maybe we should start playing for real

This has been the idea for about the past 3 years now.

Note, however, that even once full persistence is in for the alpha, all the state is likely going to be reset for the final release so that everyone can start on a level footing (modulo ridiculously priced OP ships).

Based on what CR said at the last CitizenCon it sounds like they’re already running their “live service” and the game will just be improved on over time. Apparently there won’t be any hard release date like there will be with SQ42. Server meshing and full persistence will probably mark a soft release, so I don’t see them ever resetting the game once those are in.

Also, as Rushy pointed out, why would they stop selling ships for cash if they’re making so much off of it? They might offer them for credits instead of cash to obscure the scam a little bit, but they’d probably still cost the same. I suspect, long after the game is “released”, we’ll still see new concepts being sold for current prices.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2019, 06:04:46 PM by Fortuna »