Re: Republicans take the house and senate.
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2018, 11:53:19 PM »
The election has been decided. CNN decided it today.
That's not how elections work. Also which election was decided? There's multiple elections going on in the United States.
You don't think I'm going to post here sober, do you?  ???

I have embraced my Benny Franko side. I'm sleazy.

Offline stack

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2018, 01:01:40 AM »
I'm confused.  How can the republicans take the house and senate when they already have the house and senate? ???

They don't.  Dems are obstructing and using their minority powers to stop all republican bills and actions . Its unprecidented.

Not quite. Trump's first 500 days:

According to GovTrack, Trump has signed 176 bills since his inauguration. That’s about on par with Barack Obama at this point in his presidency (174), and slightly behind George W. Bush (187). But both Bill Clinton and George H.W. Bush far surpassed those numbers in the pieces of legislation signed in their first 100 days, 262 and 309 bills, respectively.
So?  This has nothing to do with the attacks on our country by out of control liberals.

The 'so' is you stated that the Dems are stopping all Republican bills and that it's unprecedented - Wrong on both counts. A) That's hard to do when you're the minority power in Congress. And B) Yours is a patently untrue statement.

I guess we'll find out Tuesday night which party controls Congress. In the mean time, you might want to stick to the facts.

« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2018, 02:17:54 AM »
I'm putting a bet on cash me in a few weeks lol, the odds for a Republican majority are getting tighter by the hour so get in quick.

Dropped from 14/5 to 13/5 in the five minutes I was on the site.

https://www.oddschecker.com/politics/us-politics/us-house-midterm-elections/winner

Odds are 15/8 now.
Lol.

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2018, 05:57:07 AM »
Are you done yet, Dave?
Probably not, why?
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2018, 02:41:36 PM »
The election has been decided. CNN decided it today.
That's not how elections work. Also which election was decided? There's multiple elections going on in the United States.

The election, franklin, everyone's ballot said "House? Senate?" and then everyone picked "Republican". Do I have to explain everything to you?

Offline Boots

• ---- Cogito, ergo sum. ---- -Descartes
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2018, 06:09:15 AM »
Former US Navy SEAL, Ephraim Mattos, has responded to comments made this week by Don Lemon on CNN’s Cuomo Prime Time.

“We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them.” — Don Lemon on CNN (October 29, 2018)

Here is Mattos’ response:

After surviving three wars, a gunshot wound, a near fatal drowning, a failed parachute, Taliban ambushes, ISIS snipers, mortars, mine-fields, suicide bombers and laying down my life for the cause of freedom while fighting shoulder-to-shoulder with my brother Arabs, Asians, Blacks, Hispanics, Christians, Muslims, Jews, Buddhists, Animists, and Atheists, I have now returned home to the USA where a CNN host has labeled me as a radicalized right wing terrorist simply because of my gender and the color of my skin.

I represent just one of the hundreds of thousands of conservative white men who have fought to preserve freedom in this great Nation and in other nations. My forefathers are the 3% who founded this Republic against the might of the British Army. It was white Conservative men who died by the tens of thousands after charging into our southern states to free our black brothers from the slavery imposed on them by the Liberal left. We were the ones who acknowledged that women have a right to vote. We held the line in WWI and charged the beaches of Normandy in WWII. We have fought for freedom and liberty for generations and we continue to do so today alongside all of our brothers and sisters regardless of their race or religion.

In the early 1930s, Hitler said the same thing about the Jews that Don Lemon of CNN just said about white men. This is the true face of the Democratic Party. First they enslaved and killed blacks, and now they use them to spew hatred and lies against the very people who have fought for generations to free them and uplift them.

Remember that when you go to vote.

One final thought: To make a point, I have referred to myself as a “white male” in the previous sentences multiple times, but I must make it clear that I identify as simply “American,” not as “white” or “male” or “Republican.”

Although blatantly racist and hateful, do not let Don Lemon’s ignorant words drive you into viewing yourself only by your race and religion. Identity politics does not lead to freedom. It only leads to hatred and division and an “us vs. them” mentality.

If CNN does not fire Don Lemon immediately, it only goes to show that they are truly the “enemy of the people.”

—    Ephraim Mattos, Former US Navy SEAL
“There are some ideas so absurd that only an intellectual could believe them.” - George Orwell

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2018, 06:20:45 AM »
Wow, that navy seal sure was upset.  I guess now he knows what being (or looking) middle Eastern feels like.

Also, ignoring the entire first half of the argument Don made is a shitty thing to do.

Finally: we all know the Republican party has swapped platforms in the last 100 or so years.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Boots

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2018, 06:41:00 AM »
Wow, that navy seal sure was upset.  I guess now he knows what being (or looking) middle Eastern feels like.

Also, ignoring the entire first half of the argument Don made is a shitty thing to do.

Finally: we all know the Republican party has swapped platforms in the last 100 or so years.
Wow. NPC alert!
“There are some ideas so absurd that only an intellectual could believe them.” - George Orwell

« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2018, 06:48:02 AM »

The dems still are pro slavery though. It's just a different race now. They want all the peasants from South America to work their fields for peanuts an hour because lets face it, what else can the undocumented immigrants do to earn some coin? So be deliberately lax on your border control and get those poor hombres in your fields!!

« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2018, 07:38:53 AM »

Do you think Middle Easterners are discriminated against in Saudi Arabia? No? I wonder why?

If CNN does not fire Don Lemon immediately, it only goes to show that they are truly the “enemy of the people.”

Bless you Boots, I'm glad you are posting here.

Also the mainstream media has been the enemy of the people since November 22 1963.
http://www.theblackvault.com/documentarchive/operation-mockingbird/

I would argue earlier but we get into really fringe conspiracy topics.

They doubled down on September 11th 2001

The Mass media is simply a weapon of mass deception for the elite. They were complicit in the lies around the war on terror and should be in jail. There are NPCs on both sides, the right wing NPCs dont realise this has been happening for one hundred years.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2018, 07:40:33 AM by disputeone »

totallackey

« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2018, 12:32:42 PM »

Don Lemon has no argument.

So there is nothing to ignore.

Claiming white males perform more domestic terrorism in the US ignores, for instance, this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeff_Fort

I could go on, listing:

David Barksdale
Larry Hoover
Tookie Williams

All highly prominent white males.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2018, 12:44:58 PM »

Oh, do we, now? Tell me, Dave, is Franklin D Roosevelt, in modern terms, a Republican or a Democrat? What party is Eisenhower?

Here's another, why did no congressmen actually change their political parties during the supposed party platform switch? Surely, everyone would have magically swapped sides?

How can you still believe "political parties magically swapped and that's why anything bad that the Democrats did wasn't actually us".

Was McCarthy actually a Democrat, then? Good, because you can have him.

Rama Set

« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2018, 01:09:29 PM »
I just don’t understand why someone in 2018 would feel beholden to support the actions of a party in 1818. Seems... dumb.

The Navy Seal guy also seems to think that Democrats in 1818 were liberals like people are today which also seems erroneous, but his rhetoric is nice.

totallackey

« Reply #33 on: November 05, 2018, 02:20:30 PM »

Do you think Middle Easterners are discriminated against in Saudi Arabia? No? I wonder why?

Bless you Boots, I'm glad you are posting here.

Also the mainstream media has been the enemy of the people since November 22 1963.
http://www.theblackvault.com/documentarchive/operation-mockingbird/

I would argue earlier but we get into really fringe conspiracy topics.

They doubled down on September 11th 2001

The Mass media is simply a weapon of mass deception for the elite. They were complicit in the lies around the war on terror and should be in jail. There are NPCs on both sides, the right wing NPCs dont realise this has been happening for one hundred years.
^this

More asshattedness from the enemy of the people:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mika_Brzezinski
Complaining that Trump does not speak enough about the economy, yet has the perfect platform to promote the US economy in that the camera and the mic are always hers to wield...
Media promotion of the talking points to present.

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 05, 2018, 02:36:28 PM »
Conservative white men are literally the Jews of America today. :'(
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

Offline Boots

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 05, 2018, 03:15:29 PM »
After surviving three wars, a gunshot wound, a near fatal drowning, a failed parachute, Taliban ambushes, ISIS snipers, mortars, mine-fields, suicide bombers and laying down my life for the cause of freedom while fighting shoulder-to-shoulder with my brother Arabs, Asians, Blacks, Hispanics, Christians, Muslims, Jews, Buddhists, Animists, and Atheists, I have now returned home to the USA where a CNN host has labeled me as a radicalized right wing terrorist simply because of my gender and the color of my skin.

Rama Set

« Reply #36 on: November 05, 2018, 03:21:30 PM »

That's literally not what Don Lemon said.

Offline Boots

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 05, 2018, 03:50:27 PM »

That's literally not what Don Lemon said.
I represent just one of the hundreds of thousands of conservative white men who have fought to preserve freedom in this great Nation and in other nations. My forefathers are the 3% who founded this Republic against the might of the British Army. It was white Conservative men who died by the tens of thousands after charging into our southern states to free our black brothers from the slavery.

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 05, 2018, 05:26:24 PM »

Depends on your faith. 
But that's kinda the piont: the majority are more easily able to move around and setup things without suspicion then those who are minorities or part of ethnicities that are thought of as terrirosts.

Don Lemon has no argument.

So there is nothing to ignore.

Claiming white males perform more domestic terrorism in the US ignores, for instance, this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeff_Fort

I could go on, listing:

David Barksdale
Larry Hoover
Tookie Williams

All highly prominent white males.
Actually he's claiming that white males have an easier time comitting acts of terror than non-white males because said white males are not under automatic suspicion of criminal intent like blacks and middle-easterners.
Black men can't sit at a Starbucks without the cops being called.  You think they're gonna be able to hide a pack of guns while they check into a hotel room?

Oh, do we, now? Tell me, Dave, is Franklin D Roosevelt, in modern terms, a Republican or a Democrat? What party is Eisenhower?

Here's another, why did no congressmen actually change their political parties during the supposed party platform switch? Surely, everyone would have magically swapped sides?

How can you still believe "political parties magically swapped and that's why anything bad that the Democrats did wasn't actually us".

Was McCarthy actually a Democrat, then? Good, because you can have him.

Holy mother fucking misunderstanding....
Ok, seriously, am I really that bad at explaining something or are you all just really that incapable of reading?  I'm guessing the former but I'll take the latter too.

I never said anything bad or bad at all.  My point was that this man talked about his conservative ancestors, as though the republican party is somehow his heritage OR anything like the party now.  The party of the North that invaded the south was LIBERAL and Pro-Federal governemnt.  Which is the whole reason the Civil War happened.  The democrats were very pro-state and small government. 

https://www.livescience.com/34241-democratic-republican-parties-switch-platforms.html
The thing takes decades to do and isn't some "magic" swap.  It's a slow shift of priorities and ideologies. 

My issue, primarily, is that this man is acting like Republicans today are  same as in Lincolin's time.  They aren't.  His views now would be more in line of southern democrats of that time.   Conservatives were in the south.

Rama Set

« Reply #39 on: November 05, 2018, 06:14:25 PM »

Of course they are. Try being Shia, Jewish, Kurdish or Armenian in Saudi Arabia and see how it works out for you. Apparently just being non-Bedouin can Open you up to discrimination there. Some of it is literally systemic racism like non-bedouins being prohibited from military service.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2018, 06:19:46 PM by Rama Set »