Saddam Hussein

Re: The Elder Scrolls Online
« Reply #560 on: July 18, 2014, 02:48:25 PM »
TESO isn't "supposed" to be doing anything on this subject.  I, along with, I suspect, most fans, would have liked to see cities that looked more like how they did in previous titles.  That's it.

Offline Particle Person

• Planar Moderator
  • born 2 b b&
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: July 18, 2014, 10:33:56 PM »
Neither of them properly fit the lore, so they might as well make the design consistent.

But by having a different design, it is consistent in design, because it's expected that a city is going to change drastically in 800 years.

1,000 years.  Also, reality is unrealistic.  Sure, realistically, the city would look absolutely nothing like it does in Skyrim.  But we're fans of the older games, dammit, and we'd have enjoyed seeing cities that looked more like they did in those games.

What "older games"? Surely you don't mean Skyrim.
Your mom is when your mom and you arent your mom.

Offline Blanko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: July 18, 2014, 10:37:54 PM »
Neither of them properly fit the lore, so they might as well make the design consistent.

But by having a different design, it is consistent in design, because it's expected that a city is going to change drastically in 800 years.

1,000 years.  Also, reality is unrealistic.  Sure, realistically, the city would look absolutely nothing like it does in Skyrim.  But we're fans of the older games, dammit, and we'd have enjoyed seeing cities that looked more like they did in those games.

The games he played, obviously.

Ghost of V

« Reply #563 on: July 18, 2014, 10:41:25 PM »
[Redguard fanboyism]

Yeah, Redguard looks great...  ::)

If the entire game looks this bad, then I'd say Arena is more visually appealing than Redguard, easily. Also, the draw-distance fucking sucks.

Atleast you can tell what is going on here, and you get to create your own character. Not everyone wants to play as Cyrus with a candle-stick meter and rapier gauge.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 10:50:51 PM by Vauxhall »

Offline beardo

• View Profile
« Reply #564 on: July 18, 2014, 10:49:46 PM »
Not everyone wants to play as Cyrus
Racist.
The Mastery.

Offline Zentic Lord

• Lord of Zentic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: July 18, 2014, 11:16:48 PM »
Zentifically speaking, one would wish to play as Cyprus if one wished to play Rudyard, as he is the character one plays, and if one did not play him one would not play.

Ghost of V

« Reply #566 on: July 18, 2014, 11:18:00 PM »
You need to get out of this thread. I am an anti-zentite.

Offline Particle Person

• Planar Moderator
  • born 2 b b&
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: July 18, 2014, 11:21:10 PM »
Zentifically speaking, one would wish to play as Cyprus if one wished to play Rudyard, as he is the character one plays, and if one did not play him one would not play.

This is sound Zentific reasoning.

Offline beardo

• View Profile
« Reply #568 on: July 18, 2014, 11:34:35 PM »
Cyprus Hill
The Mastery.

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #569 on: July 19, 2014, 02:23:14 AM »

Yes, along with Morrowind and Oblivion.  I'll let Redguard slide.  What about TESO?  Have you finished downloading it yet?  Have you played it?  What do you think, huh huh huh?

Yeah, Redguard looks great...  ::)

If the entire game looks this bad, then I'd say Arena is more visually appealing than Redguard, easily. Also, the draw-distance fucking sucks.

You posted an incredibly shitty picture, so of course the game looks bad.

Atleast you can tell what is going on here, and you get to create your own character. Not everyone wants to play as Cyrus with a candle-stick meter and rapier gauge.

First of all, the rapier isn't a gauge, it just indicates that your sword is equipped and ready to use.  The picture changes depending on what item you equip.  Second of all, Redguard isn't an RPG.

Offline Particle Person

• Planar Moderator
  • born 2 b b&
    • View Profile
« Reply #570 on: July 19, 2014, 02:47:54 AM »
I've played a little bit. I created a master race Dunmer master class Sorcerer. I haven't done much apart from run around Morrowind after finishing the obligatory annoying starter dungeon. First impressions: it looks great for an MMO. Combat feels like a floatier version of Skyrim's (so Oblivion's combat system, basically), which is understandable. It requires more active participation than most other MMOs, at least. If I were to play with a good group of people, I think I could enjoy this game. It may help that I've never really seriously played an MMO apart from EVE, so I'm not weary of all the genre's tropes.

Online Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: July 19, 2014, 03:34:55 AM »
EVE, arguably the only MMO that requires you to think.

Ghost of V

« Reply #572 on: July 19, 2014, 03:38:56 AM »
EVE master race.

Online Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: July 19, 2014, 03:46:53 AM »
In other news, Skyrim has some horrendous microstuttering problem in caves for me, which seems to be a recent problem. The only way I have found that fixes it is to set the CPU affinity to one core. Skyrim is surprisingly CPU dependent, which is funny considering how horridly optimized it is. It fixes the microstuttering but causes FPS drops in the open world because my i5-3570k isn't capable of running all of Skyrim's processes on one core. Damned if I do, damned if I don't.

Online Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: July 19, 2014, 02:08:15 PM »
Your only option is to play TESO.

You know, for a game you complain so much about, you sure do like it a lot.

...it is 50% off on Steam right now... but seeing as how it came out just a few months ago, I see that more as a bad sign than a good one.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2014, 02:10:27 PM by Irushwithscvs »

Offline Blanko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: July 19, 2014, 02:15:55 PM »
Well, to be fair, it is part of the Quakecon sale.

Online Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: July 19, 2014, 02:20:08 PM »
Well, to be fair, it is part of the Quakecon sale.

Yeah, but Steam normally gimps the newer game sales. i.e. during the Steam Summer Sale, just released games normally get a 5 or 10% off. I'll wait for Saddam to tweet about the end game and I'll contemplate playing it.

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #577 on: July 19, 2014, 03:07:22 PM »

I do indeed like it.  It's definitely flawed, but I wouldn't still be playing it if I wasn't enjoying it.  As for the endgame, I've heard that it's pretty bad and basically the signal to cancel your subscription, but I'll be able to offer my own opinion once I get there myself.

« Reply #578 on: July 19, 2014, 10:19:54 PM »
I've played a little bit. I created a master race Dunmer master class Sorcerer. I haven't done much apart from run around Morrowind after finishing the obligatory annoying starter dungeon. First impressions: it looks great for an MMO. Combat feels like a floatier version of Skyrim's (so Oblivion's combat system, basically), which is understandable. It requires more active participation than most other MMOs, at least. If I were to play with a good group of people, I think I could enjoy this game. It may help that I've never really seriously played an MMO apart from EVE, so I'm not weary of all the genre's tropes.

Collect 50 bear asses to level, end game consists of instanced raids, trinity class system are some of the big tropes. No idea if they're present in TESO.

EVE, arguably the only MMO that requires you to think.

Even WoW requires you to think at certain levels of play, you elitist.

I do indeed like it.  It's definitely flawed, but I wouldn't still be playing it if I wasn't enjoying it.  As for the endgame, I've heard that it's pretty bad and basically the signal to cancel your subscription, but I'll be able to offer my own opinion once I get there myself.

Most MMO's have utter shit end game for the first 6 months or so.

Online Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: July 19, 2014, 11:38:18 PM »
Even WoW requires you to think at certain levels of play, you elitist.

Don't confuse boss memorization with thinking. Furthermore, all of WoW is a big gear fest. Whoever has better stuff wins a battle, with strategy and actual gameplay style having little to no impact on the outcome. The classes are so terribly balanced that "better gear" is the only good way to determine a winner, anyway.

Whereas in EVE, a level one trial character in a Catalyst can fuck up a guy in a Rifter who has been leveling for 5 years. Level and gear only augment a player, not define them.