Offline Vongeo

• I don't get it either
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls Online
« Reply #260 on: April 20, 2014, 05:50:05 PM »
Is the orcish player character not born in Orsinum?
You is born in a plane of oblivion without a soul, then teleported to daggerfall. I can't find Orsinum on any maps, and people keep saying the brenton's burnt it to the ground, but then people are like "NEW ORSINUM WILL RISE AGAIN" and I still can't find that.

I wanna just kill elves and worship malacath, but that isn't an option.
Maple syrup was a kind of candy, made from the blood of trees.

Offline Vongeo

• I don't get it either
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: April 20, 2014, 05:55:33 PM »
Wanna know what else kills my immersion, when you talk in chat you talk in your account name rather than your character name. I feel like if you are a roleplayer that is stupid.

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #262 on: April 21, 2014, 12:44:05 AM »
Is the orcish player character not born in Orsinum?
You is born in a plane of oblivion without a soul

No, that's just where you begin the game, Mannimarco having already sacrificed you to Molag Bal.  I can't find any confirmation of this online, but I think it's a fairly safe assumption that the player character (as opposed to player characters, because ZeniMax is sticking to that stupid "You are the Chosen One, the sole hero" thing) is from Cyrodiil, or at least has spent most of his/her life there.  That's what all the previous titles have done, after all, probably because it provides an in-universe justification for the fish-out-of-water setup.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 01:50:44 PM by Saddam Hussein »

Offline Vongeo

• I don't get it either
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: April 21, 2014, 06:54:04 AM »
I created a wood elf that looks like a scamp and I am playing a flute and riddling people for money on some rock.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: April 21, 2014, 10:42:32 PM »
I pity anyone who actually paid money to play this game.

Offline Vongeo

• I don't get it either
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: April 22, 2014, 01:48:22 AM »
I pity anyone who actually paid money to play this game.
It isn't a bad game. It would be better if it wasn't an MMO, but its a fine game. I don't know anything that is wrong with it, making it not worth the money.

« Reply #266 on: April 22, 2014, 02:14:41 AM »
So it's like nearly every other MMO ever then?

Offline Vongeo

• I don't get it either
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: April 22, 2014, 04:21:40 AM »
Idk, probably not.

Edit: Omg i found an ogrim 10/10 would buy again
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 04:28:21 AM by Vongeo »

Ghost of V

« Reply #268 on: April 22, 2014, 08:29:35 AM »

Yes.

Offline beardo

• View Profile
« Reply #269 on: April 22, 2014, 08:38:19 AM »
The Mastery.

Offline Vongeo

• I don't get it either
    • View Profile
« Reply #270 on: April 22, 2014, 12:20:22 PM »
probably not.

Yes.
So which one is it?
Its too large of a generality to be true, even with the nearly.

Ghost of V

« Reply #271 on: April 22, 2014, 05:39:35 PM »
It's a pay-to-play MMO. It's designed to make you waste the largest amount of time possible while also making it seem like you're progressing when you actually aren't. Its a time sink, like all other MMOS with the exception of PSO, but that doesn't really count because its one of the best games ever made and not so much an MMO, more like an online action game with decent combat.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 05:44:08 PM by Ghost of V »

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: April 22, 2014, 07:26:08 PM »
It's a pay-to-play MMO. It's designed to make you waste the largest amount of time possible while also making it seem like you're progressing when you actually aren't. Its a time sink, like all other MMOS with the exception of PSO, but that doesn't really count because its one of the best games ever made and not so much an MMO, more like an online action game with decent combat.
+1
Though I may add TSW and Guild Wars since they're buy once play forever.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #273 on: April 22, 2014, 07:45:33 PM »
All video games can be boiled down to just wasting time, if we're going to go down that road.

Ghost of V

« Reply #274 on: April 22, 2014, 08:22:56 PM »
All video games can be boiled down to just wasting time, if we're going to go down that road.

Not all would be considered wasting time within the context of the game itself.

Offline Vongeo

• I don't get it either
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: April 22, 2014, 08:55:36 PM »
Wat?

In what way do you not progress in an MMO that you would progress in any other game? Is there not still a story? Have you played the game? In what ways do you waste time that you would not waste in another game?

Ghost of V

« Reply #276 on: April 22, 2014, 09:10:36 PM »
Wat?

In what way do you not progress in an MMO that you would progress in any other game? Is there not still a story? Have you played the game? In what ways do you waste time that you would not waste in another game?

MMOs are designed to get you to spend lots of time simply getting decent equipment and leveling (so you pay more money over time), where as in non-pay-to-play games these chores are easy and less time consuming. I am expressing displeasure at the MMO-model itself. I haven't played Elder Scrolls Online, so yeah I'm pulling a Rushy, but I've seen enough gameplay and read enough reviews to come to the conclusion that ESO doesn't stray that far from the typical MMO model, certainly not enough to validate me spending money on it at this time.

« Reply #277 on: April 22, 2014, 09:53:39 PM »
ITT: Ghost of V seems confused by how RPGs work. Hilarity ensues.
You don't think I'm going to post here sober, do you?  ???

I have embraced my Benny Franko side. I'm sleazy.

Ghost of V

« Reply #278 on: April 22, 2014, 09:54:41 PM »
ITT: Ghost of V seems confused by how RPGs work. Hilarity ensues.

So you're saying that MMOs aren't a huge time investment or that all RPGS are a huge time investment?

« Reply #279 on: April 22, 2014, 10:03:53 PM »
A really good piece of gear can take weeks to grind out in MMO's (before being made irrelevant in the next patch). Very few, if any, RPGs are similar in that regard.